Thread: Amazon: ‘Make America Great Again’ Incites Hate, Communist Manifesto Doesn’t

Amazon: ‘Make America Great Again’ Incites Hate, Communist Manifesto Doesn’t

Amazon banned a pro-Trump coffee brand from advertising on its website due to the potential for the “Make America Great Again” slogan to incite hate, but allows sponsored advertisements of the Communist Manifesto.
    Covfefe Coffee, a pro-Trump coffee brand, received a message from Amazon indicating they are now not allowed to advertise their coffee on the website due to the presence of the “Make America Great Again” slogan on its merchandise.
    According to correspondence from Amazon, provided to Big League Politics by Covfefe Coffee, Amazon now requires the company to remove, in the company’s words, “‘Make America Great Again’ and any type of profanity of hatred inciting text”, and any other material on the ads that could be perceived as political advocacy.
    The email from Amazon suggested this is the company’s standard policy, however, research reveals Amazon allows numerous radical leftist publications to advertise on its website.

The Communist Manifesto, the book explaining the political ideology responsible for the deaths of over 100 million in a single century, is advertised in paperback on the website.

Additionally, Bernie Sanders’ new book, Where We Go From Here: Two Years in the Resistance, is allowed to advertise on Amazon, as is Trevor Noah’s book of commentary on tweets by President Donald Trump. Ironically, in spite of Amazon supposedly forbidding political advertisements, both books are listed under Politics by the website.

Last month, I reported for Big League Politics that Amazon banned Covfefe Coffee’s advertisements for using the American flag:
    Amazon considers use of the flag a violation of its rules against advocating political parties, candidates, or causes.
    After speaking to Big League Politics, Covfefe Coffee provided several emails showing Amazon describe the American flag as “not appropriate for advertising,” with one Amazon employee adding that he does not “anticipate when these products will be eligible for advertising in the near future,” indicating that this is not a new or temporary policy for the online retail giant.
    In a followup email, another Amazon employee specifically told Covfefe Coffee they would need to “remove the [American] flag from the product image” and remove the words “No Nonsense” and “No BS” from the advertisements.

Communicating with Big League Politics via email, Covfefe Coffee’s representatives expressed concern that Amazon is enforcing its policies against political advertisements arbitrarily to economically restrain conservatives.
    On its website, Covfefe Coffee reveals that the brand supports the “‘Make America Great Again’ agenda,” and are willing to take the “revolutionary act” of publicly supporting President Trump.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/amazon...ifesto-doesnt/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    amazon is not making America Great .
    Do something Danke

People should buy directly from company/factory websites like Samsung.com, dell.com, puma.com etc.... You will get all the products and services on factory websites

e-commerce websites like amazon are bad business.
    Last edited by Itsback; 01-10-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Jeff Bezos is an Idiot

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Their CEO is about to make divorce great again.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Wonder how many people buy that book off of Amazon.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Over 1600 reviews.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Idiots, all of them.

They should be buying the hardcover version, not paperback.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I used Amazon prime free for one month, don't use their services anymore though.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I used Amazon prime free for one month, don't use their services anymore though.
    This is fake news anyway.

I've bought a ton of MAGA gear from amazon over the past couple years.

Speaking of which, I see a Great hat on sale.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 01-10-2019 at 08:30 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

- Kim Kardashian

How many here have 'Prime' , how many would be willing to cancel those subscriptions?

Amazon sells tons of MAGA paraphernalia. This vendor is not telling the whole story about why Amazon won't carry some of their products. My guess is that they were combining the MAGA slogan with other words or images that made it into something more inflammatory.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ca+great+again

The Communist Manifesto is a very relevant and useful read, like Mein Kampf ,
    best to understand the insanity than to ignore it, we learn from it, however
    Amazon's censorship is the same as Google's; Crushing the human spirit and
    promoting Globalism through censorship, they are not trying to protect anyone
    they are attacking humanity with their manipulation of the marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Amazon sells tons of MAGA paraphernalia. This vendor is not telling the whole story about why Amazon won't carry some of their products. My guess is that they were combining the MAGA slogan with other words or images that made it into something more inflammatory.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ca+great+again
    Probably some libtards bought the coffee expecting to get normal coffee instead of MAGA coffee
    - Kim Kardashian

Bought some of their coffee just now

https://www.amazon.com/COVFEFE-Makin.../dp/B07H4FXHD2

- Kim Kardashian

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Amazon will fire you if you go two days and dont make your quota. Isnt communism in practice great and such a benefit for the employees?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Bought some of their coffee just now

https://www.amazon.com/COVFEFE-Makin.../dp/B07H4FXHD2

I thought it was banned? Or is the OP wrong or misleading?

I thought it was banned? Or is the OP wrong or misleading?
    Their ads were banned.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Their ads were banned.
    Is the Communist Manifesto advertised on Amazon? I am having a very hard time trying to confirm this story. Just hype to draw more attention to their product?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-10-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Is the Communist Manifesto advertised on Amazon?
    Yes.

MAGA gear is also advertised on Amazon. If you search for MAGA, that is.
    - Kim Kardashian

Is the Communist Manifesto advertised on Amazon?

Is the Communist Manifesto advertised on Amazon? I am having a very hard time trying to confirm this story. Just hype to draw more attention to their product?
    Read the article before posting:

Amazon banned a pro-Trump coffee brand from advertising on its website due to the potential for the “Make America Great Again” slogan to incite hate, but allows sponsored advertisements of the Communist Manifesto.
    It's right there at the top.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Read the article before posting:

It's right there at the top.
    It claims they do. But don't show any actual ads? Bigleaguepolitics is not always reliable. Just books for sale (just like the coffee)? I think it is fake news.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The beleaguered pro-MAGA coffee brand has now been completely banned from Amazon, after the website cited a single claim criticizing the coffee’s taste as proof of its low quality.
    In communications provided to Big League Politics, Covfefe Coffee reveals it had had its product permanently pulled from Amazon after a single user complained to Amazon about the taste of the coffee. Amazon assumed the product must be expired, and immediately pulled it from the online retail platform.
    Responding to Amazon, Covfefe Coffee provided the online retail giant with invoices stating when the coffee was roasted, photographs of the expiration date on a bag, and shipping receipts noting when Amazon received the coffee. The company also pledged to use a more expensive, larger ink to mark its expiration date to avoid any future confusion.
    Big League Politics reviewed these documents, which revealed the shipment of coffee was roasted in December of 2018, allowed to rest for a prescribed period, then shipped to Amazon. The bags were marked to expire in January of 2020.

In spite of this, Amazon declined the company’s appeal twice, and has thus far been unable to return the company’s inventory.

Covfefe Coffee had previously sold other merchandise on Amazon for over a year prior to starting the pro-Trump coffee brand, and is electing to completely deactivate its Amazon merchant account after this example of what the company considers political censorship.
    “We are going to recall the inventory and close down the Amazon account,” the company said in a statement provided to Big League Politics, which noted that Covfefe Coffee would no longer be “giving money to our [political] opponents.”
    Previously, Amazon terminated Covfefe Coffee’s ability to run advertisements on the platform. Initially, the company claimed that simply using an American flag as the backdrop to the coffee’s advertisements constituted a violation of Amazon’s rules against supporting a political candidate or cause.
    After Covfefe Coffee redesigned their advertisements to appease the online retail giant, Amazon then determined that the brand’s use of “Make America Great Again!” in its advertising copy incited hate and would not be allowed. (READ MORE: Amazon: ‘Make America Great Again’ Incites Hate, Communist Manifesto Doesn’t)
    After changing the verbiage of its listing, Covfefe Coffee was available on Amazon for less than a month before it was pulled entirely.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/pro-tr...d-from-amazon/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

''and any ...material on the ads that could be perceived as political advocacy.''
    Hillary For President should then be banned , or Hillary anything should be banned.
    phuck Amazon.

After Big League Politics covered Amazon’s decision to remove pro-Trump coffee brand Covfefe Coffee from its platform, the company reached out to Covfefe Coffee to apologize and welcome them back to its platform.
    Big League Politics has covered Covfefe Coffee’s many run-ins with the globalist online retail giant, which first demanded it remove the American flag from its advertisements, then claimed its use of “Make America Great Again” could be considered hate speech, and finally removed the coffee brand from its platform after a single user complained to Amazon about the taste of the coffee. (READ MORE: Pro-Trump ‘Covfefe Coffee’ Brand BANNED From Amazon)
    After our coverage, Amazon reached out to the company, saying it re-processed the appeal it previously declined twice, and would gladly allow the pro-Trump coffee brand back on its website.
    As Covfefe Coffee previously pledged to stop “giving money to [our] political opponents,” it replied to Amazon’s notification with the type of corporate jargon it received numerous times when attempting to receive answers from the retail giant. This response was provided to Big League Politics, and has been edited for brevity.

Dear Amazon,
    Thank you for bending the knee to COVFEFE the world’s best coffee. Your cases have been reviewed and you may not continue to have the world’s best coffee on Amazon:
    If you would like COVFEFE, the world’s best coffee, on your platform, email your plan of action to <redacted> and include the following information:
    – Identify ideologues you employ and fire them
    – Go to church
    – Have an American Flag in all of your warehouses and recite the “Pledge of Allegiance” every morning
    Here are a few things to consider as you create your plan of action:
    – Are you an American company or a globalist tool?
    – Are you hiring people on merit or people with the correct “groupthink?”
    – Do you think targeting businesses with opposing world views is going to go unnoticed?
    – Do you honestly believe we think Amazon shutting down our listing, dismissing our initial appeals, and then walking back its decision to shut down our listing a day after conservative outlets report on your shenanigans isn’t politically motivated?
    – Are you ready for Donald Trump to be reelected?
    God Bless,
    COVFEFE: Making Coffee Great!

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/amazon...and-to-return/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment