Thread: Big Brother Invites You To Enjoy Chicken Dinner Tonight

Big Brother Invites You To Enjoy Chicken Dinner Tonight

Big Brother Invites You To Enjoy Chicken Dinner Tonight (and tomorrow perhaps forever?)

CES’s Kitchen of the Future Is Sort of a Nightmare

The kitchen of the future is here, and it’s one that no one asked for. CES 2019, this year’s iteration of the annual Consumer Electronics Show, just opened in Las Vegas, and as per usual, the gadgets unveiled so far reveal a unique perspective on the everyday lifestyle problems that consumers apparently want solved. The problems? Too much privacy in kitchens! And not enough things that can be solved by app! As Rose Elveth wrote for Eater in 2015, “Engineers... operate on the premise that people don’t know what they need until it’s built for them... the result is an array of potential futures that are strangely both unaware of the culture from which they spring, and at the same time constrained by it. The kitchen of the future is a one-size-fits all, ahistorical, acultural room, one that serves no one well.”

If I were to install every kitchen item at CES this year (so far) and try to make dinner with them — say, Zuni Cafe’s roast chicken for two — it would go something like this:

First, I’ll place my whole chicken in Whirlpool’s Smart Countertop Oven, whose algorithm is not only “smart enough” to deduce what foodstuff I’ve mindlessly thrown in there, but also set its needed cooking time and temperature accurately — the two aspects of cooking the average home cook can actually get right, and the two aspects of cooking where precision is the most crucial to avoid food poisoning. As the oven roasts its mystery item, it also has an internal camera where I can watch the chicken slowly cook from an app — or, of course, share it with my social media followers — in a truly high-tech innovation of what shall now be known as Oven Window 1.0.

For my side-dish bread salad, to the stove, where two HD cameras placed at head level — part of GE’s Kitchen Hub, a TV-sized touchscreen and vent that sit right above a range — are capturing every aspect of meal prep. On one forward-facing camera, I could live chat with friends or talk through the steps of the recipe to my YouTube followers if I had any; from the direct-overhead camera, I could take images of the food while it’s in prep mode. The hub can also do things like connect to Netflix or Spotify and dim the lights throughout my home via Google Assistant, that is, if I didn’t already have KitchenAid’s Smart Display, which also provides house-dimming, playlist summoning, and YouTube streaming through Google Assistant. (The KitchenAid display, though, is specifically designed to be waterproof, accommodating messy cooks.)

Through the Kitchen Hub, I share photos of the in-progress chicken and my messy stove top direct to Instagram....
    https://www.eater.com/2019/1/8/18173...sung-whirlpool

``````````Update````````````````````

Question for All:
    If you could have the "modern miracles" in the High-tech kitchen for FREE (in a home you actually live in), would you "bite" on the offer?
    Last edited by Indy Vidual; 01-09-2019 at 12:40 PM.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Winner, winner?
    "The Patriarch"

Sorry, but I'm sticking to my cast iron, stainless steel and crock pot.
    "The Patriarch"

Question for All:
    If you could have the "modern miracles" in the High-tech kitchen for FREE (in a home you actually live in), would you "bite" on the offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Winner, winner?
    Yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Question for All:

Yummy!
    Nope.
    "The Patriarch"

Question for All:

Yummy!

Nope.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Nope.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Can the oven automatically tell all of my twitter followers when and what I'm cooking?

That'd be a game changer for me
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Can the oven automatically tell all of my twitter followers when and what I'm cooking?

Is this your account?
    https://twitter.com/ryanwalis?lang=en
    "The Patriarch"

No but gonna totally follow that guy!

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Do your twitter followers support Big Brother Gas Kitchens or The Electric Chair Models?

Do your twitter followers support Big Brother Gas Kitchens or The Electric Chair Models?
    I personally don't like cooking with gas ovens, except sometimes for Jewish dishes. It's more authentic.
    - Kim Kardashian

I personally don't like cooking with gas ovens....
    Big Brother (and your Orange friend Mr. Trump) have a nice Electric Chair Kitchen Model waiting for you to volunteer to test the shocking experience.
    ps. Volunteering is very easy since the Deep Orange State agents are already watching all of us.

Cheers to freedom!

Can I tell you something?
    Got to tell you one thing.
    If you expect the freedom
    That you say is yours,
    Prove that you deserve it.
    Help us to preserve it,
    Or being free will just be
    Words and nothing more
    Songwriters: David C Hope / Phil Ehart / Richard John Williams / Steve Walsh
    Last edited by Indy Vidual; 01-09-2019 at 05:12 PM.

The people you think you are sharing this data with is supposed to be your "Friends", but here is a hint, your Health Insurance Company, who financially benefits by having a say-so in what you eat, when you eat, and using that data for how much to charge you and when to deny you coverage is really the beneficiary.

It gets worse tho.

What? Are you eating bacon? Thats offensive to Muslims! Arrested - go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200. What? Youre trying to eat cow? Thats offensive to Hindus! Arrested - go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Sharing everything you "like" with everyone on the planet, you are bound to find a large group of people that your "nothing wrong" activities will piss off badly enough that they will have motivation to murder you.

Edit: The ONLY Freedom you have is the Freedom to hang yourself, or to get yourself killed by others that want your Freedom.
    Last edited by DamianTV; 01-09-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    The people you think you are sharing this data with is supposed to be your "Friends", but here is a hint, your Health Insurance Company, who financially benefits by having a say-so in what you eat, when you eat, and using that data for how much to charge you and when to deny you coverage is really the beneficiary.

It gets worse tho...
    Hopefully, most ordinary people will leave the actual murdering to the Gov't. (...what?)

FYI: I edit the above post while you where typing / don't know if you saw this:

That you say is yours,
    Help us to preserve it,
    Words and nothing more

Video (song) is 2 posts above...

Hopefully, most ordinary people will leave the actual murdering to the Gov't. (...what?)

FYI: I edit the above post while you where typing / don't know if you saw this:

That you say is yours,
    Help us to preserve it,
    Words and nothing more

Video (song) is 2 posts above...
    Saw it now. I also edited.

Good point on Govt being the one to conduct the murdering. But, how can they conduct the murder and get away with it? Theres a couple ways. One, they have enough military power and support from their protectors. It requires a stronger monopoly on Belief as well as depriving more citizens of their Guns. It also shows they are the "bad guys". Thus, they dont want to play that card. They need to appear to be the "good guys". Hence they do their Illusions of Regulations saving people from "oppressive companies". Thats still smoke and mirrors.

There are a lot of other ways that governments can get away with murdering millions of people and still smelling like roses. One way is to have a "Scapegoat" to place the blame on. Blame the Republicans / Libertarians / Anti Govt / etc. Get the people to kill each other. Next way is thru Poverty. People literally starve to death. Blame the people as if they "did it to themselves".

Food Surveillance is one way they can achieve this goal. Say lots of people are dying of starvation. They can make claims "these people would not have starved if they *just* supported their Governments and Surveillance". Then they use the same rhetoric that continues to work on the masses: "nothing wrong nothing to hide" or else you have "nothing to eat". Mexican Drug Warlords have a saying "Take our Silver or Take our Lead". Youre given a choice to take their bribe, or they put a lead bullet in your skull. Govt is no different. "Take our welfare, or take nothing".

And finally, when the people are left with nothing, and their anger is focused on each other, they kill each other for food. We are only 7 meals away from Anarchy. As long as the food supply keeps the masses fed, which there is only enough in stock for about 7 meals, Anarchy is held at bay.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder is it possible to turn off the router while cooking?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Question for All:
    No thanks.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post

Edit: The ONLY Freedom you have is the Freedom to hang yourself, or to get yourself killed by others that want your Freedom.
    You could balance that out a bit (?), for example pot being (almost) fully legal is a type of freedom.
    In general:
    • "Blind sheep" are not nearly as free as they think they are, and...
    • Many Libertarians have much more personal freedom than they would care to admit.
    Last edited by Indy Vidual; 01-09-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I wonder is it possible to turn off the router while cooking?
    Your Big Brother garage (man cave) comes with that feature:
    https://www.google.com/search?client...q=router+table
    router table

You could balance that out a bit (?), for example pot being (almost) fully legal is a type of freedom.
    In general:
    • "Blind sheep" are not nearly as free as they think they are, and...
    • Many Libertarians have much more personal freedom than they would care to admit.
    Well, "Legal" doesnt always mean "moral". Is it legal to spy on people in the kitchen, sell that data to your MANDATORY Health Insurance company so they can raise your rates? Sure, by their standards, its "legal", but most definitely not moral. The freedom to "hang ones self" as I mentioned is the Freedom allowed by corporations so they can jack up your rates. Death by a thousand paper cuts, and most will NEVER see it coming.
    1776 > 1984

For my side-dish bread salad

Question for All:
    Oh Hell No!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

internal camera where I can watch the chicken slowly cook
    Sounds exciting.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Question for All:
    It wont make much choice if there is NO ALTERNATIVE.

That is one thing about Privacy that is often not considered. "Relevant Ads" build a wall around you of Self Confirming choices. Those "Relevant" things come at the expense of Exclusion. The stuff that is outside the wall they build around you is the only way of making a choice to buy things that do not give them more and more control. Years into the future, if we survive, the ONLY choices people will be offered will be Tech Enslaving Devices, even if Dumb Devices still exist.

Slavery

Slaves do NOT get the choice to be slaves or not. What we are being offered by having our Privacy fully eliminated is the Illusion of Choice, catered to us in order to make those choices appear as legitimate as they can twist them. "None are more hopelessly than those who falsely believe they are free."

Do you truly have a choice to NOT give Amazon your money? How about Walmart, is that a viable alternative?

Do you truly have a choice to NOT give FAANG personalized data? (FAANG = Facebook Apple Amazon Netflix Google)

Do you truly have a choice to NOT pay taxes to afford welfare for illegals?

Do you truly have a choice to NOT go to WAR?

Do you truly have a choice to decide your own Path in Life?

Do you truly have a choice in ANYTHING?

To the last question, the ONLY choices you are ever offered are meaningless choices. Coke or Pepsi. Nike or Reebok. Walmart or Amazon. Communism or Fascism. Your choices are Illusions. But they will never offer you the choice to be free from their influences. And their ads and propaganda and news and education puts their Devil on your shoulder to whisper sweet nothings in your ear subtly influencing every meaningless decision you make in your life, assigning your goals, spoonfeeding you your dreams. Make money at the expense of others, even if it supports ever greater control of them over you. If you are willing to play ball with these demons, they might just put you on the payroll and dazzle you with the mundane, telling you over and over again that your life goal should be to acquire the money they print, your own dreams and values be damned.
    1776 > 1984

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Big Brother Invites You To Enjoy Chicken Dinner Tonight (and tomorrow perhaps forever?)

Question for All:
    If only I had one of them new- fangled dishwasher thingies. And maybe a refrigerator- get rid of that old smelly ice box! Those things are truely "modern miracles!"

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    internal camera where I can watch the chicken slowly cook
    Sounds exciting.
    I feel like such a luddite schmuck ... when I want to watch my chicken cook, all I have is the window in the door of my oven ...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I feel like such a luddite schmuck ... when I want to watch my chicken cook, all I have is the window in the door of my oven ...
    You're really missing out on all the fun. You could also be sharing photos of your chicken cooking.

share photos of the in-progress chicken
    Why would anyone want to see photos of someone else's chicken cooking?

You're really missing out on all the fun. You could also be sharing photos of your chicken cooking.

It sounds like they think everyone is Julia Child.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

You do not want to know: Please do NOT EVER read this:

(For your "protection") The link has extra spaces added in at least two or three places
    https:// talesfromtheloublog.wordpress.com/2016/11/15/sacrificing-a-chicken-to-moloch -the-clinton-podesta- email-scandal/

If a person had the power to "just give themselves a raise", how many do you think would do that?

Now, if you could give yourself a raise, but, it came at the expense of taking money from one friend, how many do you think would do that?

If you have a financial incentive to know what someone else is eating for dinner, then wouldnt you actually want to see that crusty chicken pic?

Put two and two together. They want to know what you eat so they can charge you more. Their richness comes directly at your expense.
    1776 > 1984