Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Is Money Printing Dishonest?

Why Is Money Printing Dishonest?

This should be a Common Sense answer, but there is a complete shortage of Common Sense, thus, it NEEDS to be answered! Why is Money Printing Dishonest?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    This should be a Common Sense answer, but there is a complete shortage of Common Sense, thus, it NEEDS to be answered! Why is Money Printing Dishonest?
    Look at it this way, if I you did contract for me in my house and after the work is done, I proceede to pay you with money I made in my computer, would you take it?

So, the money we have used to be backed by gold and silver and with time, it was switched to being backed by nothing while the govt expected us to continue using it like nothing changed. The idea of making value out of nothing is what is dishonest about printing money. Until the govt start printing stuff that is worth something(maybe a cheese burger), money printing will always be dishonest.
    Last edited by juleswin; 01-08-2019 at 10:50 PM.

How can unbacked currency be honest ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    When you have military power to assure its universal acceptance. Think of it in terms of economic arrangements.

Because printed money's only value is scarcity, every dollar printed steals a tiny portion of every other dollar that exists.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Because printed money's only value is scarcity, every dollar printed steals a tiny portion of every other dollar that exists.
    Congrats! You're learning about economics finally. You're still at the Kindergarten level but ya gotta start somewhere.

Don't forget that currency's value is derived from the commodity that backs it. Commodity values do not change. Only the currency changes value relative to the commodity. That commodity may be gold or oil or the sweat of a human ass.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Congrats! You're learning about economics finally. You're still at the Kindergarten level but ya gotta start somewhere.

Don't forget that currency's value is derived from the commodity that backs it. Commodity values do not change. Only the currency changes value relative to the commodity. That commodity may be gold or oil or the sweat of a human ass.
    I'm way ahead of you, you still think that a country can produce nothing and import everything without destroying its economy and that foreign government intervention in the marketplace is beneficial.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm way ahead of you, you still think that a country can produce nothing and import everything without destroying its economy and that foreign government intervention in the marketplace is beneficial.
    I'll ignore that and just be happy for you that you're learning something of value finally.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll ignore that and just be happy for you that you're learning something of value finally.
    I've known that since I was a child but go ahead and puff up your ego and try to take credit if it makes you happy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Look at it this way, if I you did contract for me in my house and after the work is done, I proceede to pay you with money I made in my computer, would you take it?

So, the money we have used to be backed by gold and silver and with time, it was switched to being backed by nothing while the govt expected us to continue using it like nothing changed. The idea of making value out of nothing is what is dishonest about printing money. Until the govt start printing stuff that is worth something(maybe a cheese burger), money printing will always be dishonest.
    Fully agree. But, Im gonna play Devil's Advocate for a moment and make a statement I don't actually believe.

If the money has value, IE, you can go out and spend it, what do you care if I just printed it?
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Why is Hillary Clinton not in Prison?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    The answer to both questions is the same.

Why, if women are equal in the workplace, but are paid less, is there any men employed at all?

Her and her criminal friends wont turn on their own at the demands of the public. As long as her victims remain the public itself, they wont turn against her. Same thing as the MONEY. Our money is flat out criminal, and enables snakes like Hittlary. Thing is, Hittlary is a Hydra. Knock her down and another head will just take her place, and they have no shortage of heads.

Are you able to understand why Unlimited Fiat Currency Printing is Dishonest? Can you explain that instead of asking derailing questions?
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Her and her criminal friends wont turn on their own at the demands of the public. As long as her victims remain the public itself, they wont turn against her. Same thing as the MONEY. Our money is flat out criminal, and enables snakes like Hittlary. Thing is, Hittlary is a Hydra. Knock her down and another head will just take her place, and they have no shortage of heads.

Are you able to understand why Unlimited Fiat Currency Printing is Dishonest? Can you explain that instead of asking derailing questions?
    lol , It's a plain d###### question to begin with , '' why is it dishonest'' why is stealing, misrepresentation, fraud, embezzlement dishonest ?
    Derailing,?, right, well Hillary is a good answer; We are not in charge, they don't give a ff about justice
    or honesty, 'Legal' means the fed can print all the fiat they wish, there is no accountablility,
    Equal Justice under the law means that the wealthy and connected at the top in America
    never face Prison, Hillary will never see the inside of a prison cell, and The Federal Reserve will continue the smoke and mirrors , we don't have a say in any of it, no one that I know doubts the abject dishonesty with
    fiat currency, again , how do you explain why theft, and fraud are dishonest, wtf do you start.
    I would love to be proved wrong, 'believe you me' .

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Why, if women are equal in the workplace, but are paid less, is there any men employed at all?
    Excellent point, and fact.
    If the job is shoveling #### and a woman shovels 10lbs for the man's 5 , she should be paid more.
    Where a woman brings in 12 closed deals and the man brings in 12 closed deals of
    the same value, their commissions should certainly be the same etc...........
    Problem is, liberals don't think like that, they feel' ha ha that's about all they do, they
    'feel' like; where a woman works filing claim forms she should be making what
    the attorney or broker in the same office makes, I mean they're in the same office aren't they.....

Its all a distraction anyway IMV, keeping the population focused on anything and
    all things divisive is the goal , as I'm sure you and everyone here realizes, that
    keeps the focus off the important issues; Governmental and Political Corruption.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If printing money is dishonest, wouldn't that make all money illegal? Maybe the government should impound all that illegal currency from everybody.

If printing money is dishonest, wouldn't that make all money illegal? Maybe the government should impound all that illegal currency from everybody.
    Since it's not actually money, it's different.

It's only dishonest if you're dishonest about it.

When the makers of Monopoly do it, it's not dishonest.

If printing money is dishonest, wouldn't that make all money illegal?
    That question presupposes that whatever is dishonest is illegal, which is obviously not true.

It's like adding inches to the same ruler. The ruler is the same size, but now your inches are smaller. And the one who created the new inches gives them to his friends.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    By honestly saying that it's unbacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    It's only dishonest if you're dishonest about it.

When the makers of Monopoly do it, it's not dishonest.
    Is it a secret that more money is being printed?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    It's like adding inches to the same ruler. The ruler is the same size, but now your inches are smaller. And the one who created the new inches gives them to his friends.
    If I had to guess, I’d WAG that only 10% of the population understands that concept.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Printing more is dishonest even if you admit it is unbacked because it steals the value of every other dollar in existence.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Printing more is dishonest even if you admit it is unbacked because it steals the value of every other dollar in existence.
    So maybe the best thing to do is to have one coin for the entire world. It would be so scarce it would have massive value (but commerce would not be able to conduct any transactions except by barter).

So maybe the best thing to do is to have one coin for the entire world. It would be so scarce it would have massive value (but commerce would not be able to conduct any transactions except by barter).
    Or you could just print a certain high number that you announce and leave it at that, you could always divide some that you take in in taxes into ever smaller fractions if deflation made commerce awkward.

Or you could use gold or silver and let the market value encourage or discourage mining.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No.

Or you could just print a certain high number that you announce and leave it at that, you could always divide some that you take in in taxes into ever smaller fractions if deflation made commerce awkward.

Or you could use gold or silver and let the market value encourage or discourage mining.
    So it is OK to create more money.

So it is OK to create more money.
    No, dividing things while leaving every other copy just as large isn't creation, it is division.

You don't end up with any more money and I don't end up with any less if you exchange all of your dollars for quarters.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast