Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: IRS: TAXES ARE VOLUNTARY

  1. #1



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    yeah, make sure to let Ed and Elaine Brown know that fact.

  4. #3

  5. #4
    Why does the title say "admits," as if it's actually a true statement.

    It should say, "IRS Director Engages in Propaganda on the Level of Claiming War is Peace and Slavery is Freedom by Claiming Taxes are Voluntary."

  6. #5
    LOL
    Do something Danke

  7. #6
    You shouldn't be taking everything they say literally.

  8. #7

  9. #8
    Reporting people for tax evasion is also voluntary.

    Reported.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Reporting people for tax evasion is also voluntary.

    Reported.
    I think you are right Harry Reid has been dodging taxes .
    Do something Danke

  12. #10
    Working is voluntary. Taxes are a part of that. Its right there in the EULA.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't even a thing nor are capital gains taxes
    Constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Reporting people for tax evasion is also voluntary.

    Reported.
    ''You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheTexan again.''

  14. #12
    Not this voluntary crap again...

    "Over and over again courts have said that there is nothing sinister in so arranging one's affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everybody does so, rich or poor; and all do right, for nobody owes any public duty to pay more than the law demands: taxes are enforced exactions, not voluntary contributions. To demand more in the name of morals is mere cant. Judge Learned Hand, dissenting in Commissioner v. Newman, 159 F2d 848 (1947).
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

    Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Not this voluntary crap again...

    "Over and over again courts have said that there is nothing sinister in so arranging one's affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everybody does so, rich or poor; and all do right, for nobody owes any public duty to pay more than the law demands: taxes are enforced exactions, not voluntary contributions. To demand more in the name of morals is mere cant. Judge Learned Hand, dissenting in Commissioner v. Newman, 159 F2d 848 (1947).
    I agree with you about the folly of those who pretend they can simply not pay taxes and expect to find the law on their side.

    But it is interesting to see high-level politicians and bureaucrats insist on saying that taxes are voluntary. The congressman in that video repeatedly stated that as a dogma that he took as an unquestioned axiom on which further conclusions could be built, and acted like he wasn't even saying anything remarkable.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 01-09-2019 at 05:10 PM.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    But it is interesting to see high-level politicians and bureaucrats insist on saying that taxes are voluntary. The congressman in that video repeatedly stated that as a dogma that he took as an unquestioned axiom on which further conclusions could be built, and acted like he wasn't even saying anything remarkable.
    Politicians always say misleading things. Remember "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it."? Even Ron Paul is guilty -- ""We should have the lowest tax that we’ve ever had, and up until 1913, it was 0 percent. What’s so bad about that?" -- ignoring the Civil War era income tax that lasted for 8 years. He has also claimed that the federal income tax was ruled unconstitutional during the Civil War period (to the contrary -- it was ruled constitutional) because there was no explicit authorization for it (there was).

    But the income tax is voluntary in the sense that the system relies on the disclosure by taxpayers of information about one's income and deductions that is solely within their possession. Yes, there are information returns that the IRS gets from payors of wages, dividends, and interest, but there are many other types of income that don't involve information returns.
    Last edited by Sonny Tufts; 01-09-2019 at 10:31 AM.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

    Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Politicians always say misleading things. Remember "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it."? Even Ron Paul is guilty -- ""We should have the lowest tax that we’ve ever had, and up until 1913, it was 0 percent. What’s so bad about that?" -- ignoring the Civil War era income tax that lasted for 8 years. He has also claimed that the federal income tax was ruled unconstitutional during the Civil War period (to the contrary -- it was ruled constitutional) because there was no explicit authorization for it (there was).

    But the income tax is voluntary in the sense that the system relies on the disclosure by taxpayers of information about one's income and deductions that is solely within their possession. Yes, there are information returns that the IRS gets from payors of wages, dividends, and interest, but there are many other types of income that don't involve information returns.
    Still theft.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    But the income tax is voluntary in the sense that the system relies on the disclosure by taxpayers of information about one's income and deductions that is solely within their possession. Yes, there are information returns that the IRS gets from payors of wages, dividends, and interest, but there are many other types of income that don't involve information returns.
    I assume that we are obligated to tell the IRS about that income, and subject to punishment if they can prove that we failed to do so.

    The fact that it's sometimes difficult or impossible to prove someone guilty doesn't mean that the law they've broken is voluntary.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Working is voluntary. Taxes are a part of that. Its right there in the EULA.
    Working or earning income in a field that has a nexus to government privilege is what creates the tax liability. So yes, it is voluntary in that sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ron Paul know some weird people...



    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I agree with what you about the folly of those who pretend they can simply not pay taxes and expect to find the law on their side.

    But it is interesting to see high-level politicians and bureaucrats insist on saying that taxes are voluntary. The congressman in that video repeatedly stated that as a dogma that he took as an unquestioned axiom on which further conclusions could be built, and acted like he wasn't even saying anything remarkable.
    ''it depends on what the meaning of is' is...''- Billy 1998

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Still theft.
    Learn to spell "robbery".
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    "Itís just interesting to note how constant government oppression can kill peopleís fighting spirit." - Withur We




    Pray for reset.


  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Working or earning income in a field that has a nexus to government privilege is what creates the tax liability.
    Another myth.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

    Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 08:51 PM
  2. Senator Harry Reid - "Taxes are voluntary"
    By Anti Federalist in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 01:55 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 03:28 AM
  4. harry reid says taxes are voluntary
    By hope7134 in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 06:05 PM
  5. Harry Reid: "Taxes are Voluntary!"
    By RSLudlum in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 02:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •