Thread: What do you use to kill

What do you use to kill

moles with ? I have had a fairly low success rate this past couple years with the pepper based powder spread deterrent , traps and poison pellets .A pretty low success rate with grub killer too .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Poison will end up killing any predators too. If possible, use what they are eating as bait and your live traps might work better. Suffocate the critters when you catch them, or use starting fluid (ether). Leave the corpse as a snack for any savaging/predators - in the same place each time.

I never needed a trap as the moles I had would love my window wells - the rocks at the base prevented them from getting out, so they trapped themselves. A shopvac and an ether soaked rag to finish them off (Note, I did not operate the shop vac with the rag in there - ether is flammable sh!t, so be careful). I leave the little corpse out over night and its gone in the morning.

You may want to stop by a pet shop and try meal worms as bait, and the smallest havaheart might do the trick, with some teflon lube on all the turning bits.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Keep all the food inside the fridge or cupboard (evening). Keep your house clean. No food outside in the house, no rats and moles will come inside.

Trap the moles which are inside and the close the doors and windows in the evening. Seal all the gaps. But make sure enough fresh air gets into the house.

Owls eats moles. If you have mole problem where you live, release 2 owls there.

Last edited by Itsback; 01-07-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    moles with ? I have had a fairly low success rate this past couple years with the pepper based powder spread deterrent , traps and poison pellets .A pretty low success rate with grub killer too .
    The only year I had a terrible time with them I just started burying dog poo in the tunnels. They moved out. My yard is bigger now though so I do not know if it would work

Chickens.

they got a big fat one yesterday.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Chickens.

they got a big fat one yesterday.
    My fat chickens must be overfeed and laying down on the job .
    Do something Danke

My fat chickens must be overfeed and laying down on the job .
    I think the mole found the wrong place to show himself,, but the result is the same. LOL
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think the mole found the wrong place to show himself,, but the result is the same. LOL

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    No video in the Coop,, but I suspect very much the same..

tiny Velociraptors.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I don't have any mole problems so I wouldn't be able to tell ya.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Get some GrubEx. Use a spreader...Works like a charm.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

I read where there was great success in New York City and New Orleans putting dry ice in rat holes to kill them. Until the EPA or FDA or somesuch alphabet shut them down because it hadn't been properly tested. I don't think you have any alphabet agencies on your reservation. I imagine it might work with moles.

Build a wall around your yard.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Build a wall around your yard.
    Thread winner.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

No video in the Coop,, but I suspect very much the same..

tiny Velociraptors.
    Yep. I've got a big orange free range rooster named Coach Pruitt and a big orange free range cat named Rebel that pretty well take care of the critters. The cat does most of the work but the rooster pecked up a little mouse yesterday in the driveway.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.