Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US sends troops for possible 'violent' Congo vote protests

US sends troops for possible 'violent' Congo vote protests

On the eve of the first expected results of Congo's long-delayed presidential election, President Donald Trump said military personnel had deployed to Central Africa to protect U.S. assets from possible "violent demonstrations," while the country's powerful Catholic church warned of a popular "uprising" if untrue results are announced.Congo faces what could be its first democratic, peaceful transfer of power since independence from Belgium in 1960, but election observers and the opposition have raised concerns about voting irregularities as the country chooses a successor to longtime President Joseph Kabila.

The first results are expected on Sunday, and the United States and the African Union, among others, have urged Congo to release results that reflect the true will of the people. The U.S. has threatened sanctions against those who undermine the democratic process. Western election observers were not invited to watch the vote.
    While Congo has been largely calm on and after the Dec. 30 vote, Trump's letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said about 80 military personnel and "appropriate combat equipment" had deployed to nearby Gabon to support the security of U.S. citizens and staffers and diplomatic facilities. More will deploy as needed to Gabon, Congo or neighboring Republic of Congo, he wrote.
    The U.S. ahead of the vote ordered "non-emergency" government employees and family members to leave the country.
    The Catholic church, an influential voice in the heavily Catholic nation, caused surprise on Thursday by announcing that data reported by its 40,000 election observers deployed in all polling stations show a clear winner. As regulations say only the electoral commission can announce election results, the church did not give a name.
    The electoral commission on Friday said the church's announcement could incite an uprising. The church on Saturday, in a letter to the commission seen by The Associated Press, replied that releasing untrue results could cause the uprising instead.
    Congo's ruling party, which backs Kabila's preferred candidate Emmanuel Ramazani Shadary, has called the church's attitude "irresponsible and anarchist."
    Leading opposition candidate Martin Fayulu, a businessman and lawmaker, has accused Congolese authorities of impeding his campaign. His campaign manager, Pierre Lumbi, on Saturday accused the electoral commission of being "in the process of postponing the publication of the results."
    The commission's rapporteur, Jean-Pierre Kalamba, said "we will see tomorrow" and that 44 percent of the results had been compiled.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-sends-...092018857.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Question Regime change election meddling 2019 - get the chosen puppet in

Pompeo, Trump, Bolton, Haspel CIA election meddling, regime change? Must ensure that the selected NWO puppet wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Pompeo, Trump, Bolton, Haspel CIA election meddling, regime change? Must ensure that the selected NWO puppet wins.
    Tell us more about the Congo elections, please, and who the real winner is.

I'm very interested into your insight into the situation. Since nobody else, including myself, actually have any clue at all what is going on over there.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post

I'm very interested into your insight into the situation. Since nobody else, including myself, actually have any clue at all what is going on over there.
    You may not be aware that Congo is not in the USA. None of the USA or Trump's business.

RZ won't respond, his MO is to drop TDS bombs and run away if anyone asks inconvenient questions about them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You may not be aware that Congo is not in the USA. None of the USA or Trump's business.
    You should read the article, we haven't done anything but prepare to evacuate our citizens if necessary.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

RZ won't respond, his MO is to drop TDS bombs and run away if anyone asks inconvenient questions about them.

Wrong again!

Wrong again!
    You didn't respond to his request.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Exclamation Quagmire watch

You didn't respond to his request.
    It's none of our business, the USA's nor Trumps. . That's my response, a non-interventionist foreign policy.

Pompeo, Bolton, and Haspel are quagmire professionals, the best. Let us pray that their advise goes unheeded. 80 with more to deploy if needed to the Republic of Congo, doesn't sound good. We should be getting out, not in IMO.
    Last edited by RonZeplin; 01-07-2019 at 12:49 AM.

It's none of our business, the USA's nor Trumps. . That's my response, a non-interventionist foreign policy.

Pompeo, Bolton, and Haspel are quagmire professionals, the best. Let us pray that their advise goes unheeded. 80 with more to deploy if needed to the Republic of Congo, doesn't sound good. We should be getting out, not in IMO.
    Exactly.
    There is no spoon.

We can't be fully isolationist/America Firsters, some level of global policemanship and foreign spending will be necessary to preserve our freedom place in the world.

The first results are expected on Sunday, and the United States and the African Union, among others, have urged Congo to release results that reflect the true will of the people. The U.S. has threatened sanctions against those who undermine the democratic process. Western election observers were not invited to watch the vote.

Two and two don't add up here, after democratic elections in Gaza , our global freedom officers had imposed sanctions because elections results were not according to our choice.
    This news is very likely not fakenews being pushed by some fake front group but if anyone from GOP-Adelson wing here, why support democracy at one place but oppose at another?

Related

Developing... why almost all war criminals have been from Africa?

Banned

Blog Entries
    I'm quite aware of that.
    I am just wondering how you know which side has faithfully counted the votes, and which side is cheating, or if there is any cheating at all.
    I actually wonder, if you even know, at this instant, what the factions in the dispute are... ...not in three minutes, when you try to Google to find out.

My gut reaction is the same as yours. But I am just not going to deign like I actually know.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    The U.S. has threatened sanctions against those who undermine the democratic process
    Somebody is certainly threatening the democratic process. More than likely,the CIA, as always. But it could be China, Could be Great Britain, or the most likely: Belgium.

Anyways, the statement is vague, like it always is when the media reports half truths or straight lies.
    I'm not going to start clutching my pearls just yet.

I trust President Donald J Trump, and I am proud to have him as my president.

There has been a daily alarm from these people since 2015. And I just don't care.
    Every day you guys shout wolf, and every day, the wolf is bigger, badder and more evil than the day before.

And instead, I see peace, prosperity, and trade.

If I knew ISIS was a CIA creation, I'd bomb the $#@! out of them, and their families too.

I trust President Donald J Trump, and I am proud to have him as my president.

There has been a daily alarm from these people since 2015. And I just don't care.

Well you can't go wrong trusting a self-funded former reality TV star who has been busy cleaning the swamp and putting America First.

Syria's Assad was bombing ISIS terrists allegedly ... and MAGA (reportedly on advice of his daughter) bombed Syrian troops. Did you support or oppose that?

How do you respond to people like Gun Owners of America, Coullter, Far Right groups who have called MAGA a fraud, scam/joke and puppet of Israeli lobbies?

BTW, did you trust Bush also on things like anti gay wedding crusade, Iraqi freedom initiative etc or you had opposed Bush?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Well you can't go wrong trusting a self-funded former reality TV star who has been busy cleaning the swamp and putting America First.
    I don't trust you, or your intentions at all. You are just on the wrong side. Nor do I trust your intelligence or information gathering and processing abilities. You are quite confused, and off your center. That is where your pain comes from.

Trump told Putin he had a bunch of new, shiny missiles, he also used the diplomatic code phrase "GKA" which is basically a french diplomatic term for "touch the nose".
    The Syrians considered it a great victory: most of the missiles were shot down. Quelle suprise!

That's why Putin gave Trump a thumbs up. Putin thinks Trump is undergoing a whole bunch of bad pressure because of Putin. He finds it amusing, but he is certainly rooting for Trump. 21st century power is not what you think it is, nor does it come how you think it does. What Putin doesn't know is Trump has this under control.

Putin is in a very tough situation. He wants to team up with Trump, but of course, this is political death to Trump, so Putin feels he is causing Trump problems. The globalists... ..they had plans to take Russia out, in a color revolution. It would be Ironic if they were planning to use yellow this time.

Trump is smarter, richer, and more successful than you, by a long shot. He loves to make deals, more than anything. He is exactly what America needs, and he is doing it. You? You are a conspiracy behind the conspiracy theorist. Your information and propaganda analysis is skewed. You are more interested in being the smartest in the room, than actually finding actual solutions.

How do you respond to people like Gun Owners of America, Coullter, Far Right groups who have called MAGA a fraud, scam/joke and puppet of Israeli lobbies?
    Don't give a $#@! about them.

BTW, did you trust Bush also on things like anti gay wedding crusade, Iraqi freedom initiative etc or you had opposed Bush?
    I have hated every president I've lived under, and more than anything, I have always hated the media that propped them up, with their fake, one sided debates.
    Last edited by UWDude; 01-07-2019 at 01:31 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Good look with your logical consistencies. There is another poster here who tends to resort to personal insults when failing to argue logically (another GOP-Adelson cheerleader). Carry on.
    What makes you think, that you, of all people, could ever possibly change my mind?
    I wasn't trying to argue with you.
    You asked me a question, I answered it.
    I am not trying to convince you of anything, I am just telling you how I think and feel.

If you were of a higher cognizance, you would know how to use that information, to get what you want (which is to make me think like you do). But you aren't.
    Last edited by UWDude; 01-07-2019 at 01:39 AM.

You should read the article, we haven't done anything but prepare to evacuate our citizens if necessary.
    Hmmm..

The first results are expected on Sunday, and the United States and the African Union, among others, have urged Congo to release results that reflect the true will of the people. The U.S. has threatened sanctions against those who undermine the democratic process.
    I guess threatening sanctions falls under the category of preparing to evacuate our citizens?
    "The Patriarch"

I don't trust you, or your intentions at all. You are just on the wrong side. Nor do I trust your intelligence or information gathering and processing abilities. You are quite confused, and off your center. That is where your pain comes from.

Trump told Putin he had a bunch of new, shiny missiles, he also used the diplomatic code phrase "GKA" which is basically a french diplomatic term for "touch the nose".
    The Syrians considered it a great victory: most of the missiles were shot down. Quelle suprise!

That's why Putin gave Trump a thumbs up. Putin thinks Trump is undergoing a whole bunch of bad pressure because of Putin. He finds it amusing, but he is certainly rooting for Trump. 21st century power is not what you think it is, nor does it come how you think it does. What Putin doesn't know is Trump has this under control.

Putin is in a very tough situation. He wants to team up with Trump, but of course, this is political death to Trump, so Putin feels he is causing Trump problems. The globalists... ..they had plans to take Russia out, in a color revolution. It would be Ironic if they were planning to use yellow this time.

Trump is smarter, richer, and more successful than you, by a long shot. He loves to make deals, more than anything. He is exactly what America needs, and he is doing it. You? You are a conspiracy behind the conspiracy theorist. Your information and propaganda analysis is skewed. You are more interested in being the smartest in the room, than actually finding actual solutions.

Don't give a $#@! about them.

I have hated every president I've lived under, and more than anything, I have always hated the media that propped them up, with their fake, one sided debates.
    Lolol, you're a living caricature.
    "The Patriarch"

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Lolol, you're a living caricature.
    You had a reply, I'll give you that.

Hmmm..

I guess threatening sanctions falls under the category of preparing to evacuate our citizens?
    I was talking about what the troops were for.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I was talking about what the troops were for.
    That's not what your comment implied.
    "The Patriarch"

The Democratic Republic of the Congo's independent electoral commission has declared opposition candidate Felix Tshisekedi the winner of the country's recent presidential election. However, competing opposition candidate Martin Fayulu denounced the results, the Roman Catholic Church declared that the announcement does not match its findings, and France and Belgium have both expressed skepticism. Moreover, unconfirmed reports suggest that Tshisekedi may have struck a deal with outgoing President Joseph Kabila to protect the former leader's deeply entrenched business interests — as well as his physical safety — in exchange for a peaceful pathway into power. Kabila's hand-picked candidate, Emmanuel Ramazani Shadary, was a distant third in the results.

A democratic transition of power would be a watershed moment for the Democratic Republic of the Congo. However, the results as announced have produced plenty of suspicion, although they are reportedly being celebrated in Kinshasa — the capital city and a Tshisekedi stronghold. But anger has escalated in Kisangani and in eastern border areas that heavily supported Fayulu. Voting in some of those regions was canceled due to threats from militancy and an outbreak of Ebola, taking more than 1 million potential votes that might have tipped the scales in Fayulu's favor off the table. The country's constitutional court has until Jan. 15 to ratify the results, but election delays and growing opposition may challenge that deadline.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/artic...ulu-Tshisekedi

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hmmm..

If I am some guy in the congo , why would I care if there are US sanctions ? If you do not sell me something the chinese or europeans will .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If I am some guy in the congo , why would I care if there are US sanctions ? If you do not sell me something the chinese or europeans will .
    I guess it only matters if you don't live in the US.
    "The Patriarch"

What's the rumpus? As long as the Congolese voted as hard as they could, it's all good ...

Don't send US troops there.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

^^^^^^^^^^

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Is there 'secret intel' , rumblings of WMD's ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast