Thread: Leaving Syria: Will Trump Hold Fast?

Leaving Syria: Will Trump Hold Fast?

Leaving Syria: Will Trump Hold Fast?

Sen. Lindsey Graham claims that Trump backed down on removing troops from Syria after having lunch together. President Trump has indicated no such thing. Meanwhile polls show support for the troop withdrawal? Is this a case of neocon wishful thinking?

Please remember to support the Liberty Report with a tax-deductible donation to the Ron Paul Institute:
    http://ronpaulinstitute.org/support/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    President Trump has indicated no such thing.
    I'm glad to see Ron didn't fall for lindsey's bluff like some around here did.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I'm glad to see Ron didn't fall for lindsey's bluff like some around here did.
    Troll level;

Last edited by Origanalist; 01-06-2019 at 08:32 PM.
    "The Patriarch"

Will Trump actually deliver? Reasons To Believe In Trump’s Syria Withdrawal Are Vanishing

Ignore The Words Of US Presidents. Watch Their Actions Instead.” … top government figures … understand that power has nothing to do with truth and everything to do with narrative control …

Everyone completely lost their $#@! last month when the president once again made the claim that US troops will be brought home from Syria. Establishment loyalists of the political/media class went into full meltdown, Mattis handed in his resignation …

“I never said we’d be doing it that quickly,” press were told on Sunday by the president, who has indeed previously used the words “now” and “quickly” to describe the pace of troop withdrawal. “We won’t be finally pulled out, until ISIS is gone,” Trump added.

National Security Advisor John Bolton has also announced additional conditions … before … withdrawal … including the seemingly indefinite need to counter Iranian activity … and the need for an agreement to be reached between the US and Turkey to protect Kurdish militias …

Bolton said the Kurdish factions are being advised by the US to “… refrain from brokering an agreement with the Syrian government or Russia … a deal which has been on the table and seriously contemplated by the Kurds for many months. Such an agreement would help unify a fragmented Syria, would deter an attack from Turkey, and would remove any need for the US to protect … YPG …

Bolton also said that the withdrawal only applies to northeastern Syria, and that troops are expected to remain indefinitely in the southern part of the country. Bolton is reportedly expected to explain to Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Turkish president Recip Tayyip Erdogan that some of the troops who do end up being withdrawn … will … be moved across the border to … Iraq. …

Lindsey Graham announced last week that Trump is now slowing the withdrawal “in a smart way” … is perhaps not a great sign. … When they demand to slow things down they’re only ever buying more time to finish constructing your cage. …

It really doesn’t matter what noises Trump makes with his mouth if no moves to scale down interventionism actually
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The evil John Bolton and the rest of the neocons are going crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    The evil John Bolton and the rest of the neocons are going crazy
    Actually they seem to be settling down quite nicely. seems like there will be no immediate withdrawal, and they're busy, busy, busy making sure we stay put.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The White House sought to make the case on Monday that President Donald Trump had not changed his position on withdrawing U.S. troops from Syria, a day after his national security adviser outlined conditions for a withdrawal that could take months.Trump's abrupt announcement last month that he was bringing home the roughly 2,000 troops in Syria, saying they had succeeded in their mission to defeat Islamic State there, sparked concern among officials in Washington and allies abroad and prompted Defense Secretary Jim Mattis to resign.
    In recent days, Trump administration officials have applied the brakes, making clear the withdrawal will not happen quickly. The president himself said last week that the United States would get out of Syria slowly "over a period of time."
    "The president hasn't changed his position, as he mentioned his primary goal is to ensure the safety of our troops and the safety of our allies as well," White House spokeswoman Mercedes Schlapp told Fox News on Monday. "And so the Department of Defense will come up with its operational plan to safely withdraw our troops."
    "It takes time to take the troops out because we want to make sure that our troops are safe in this process," she said.
    Trump and French President Emmanuel Macron discussed the two countries' commitment to destroy Islamic State and "plans for a strong, deliberate, and coordinated withdrawal of U.S. troops from Syria" during a telephone call on Monday, the White House said.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-hou...002037163.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment