Thread: Elizabeth Warren Backs Withdrawal Of U.S. Troops From Syria And Afghanistan

Elizabeth Warren Backs Withdrawal Of U.S. Troops From Syria And Afghanistan

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) supports withdrawing American troops from military engagements in Syria and Afghanistan, she told MSNBC host Rachel Maddow on Wednesday night.
    Warren, who announced an exploratory committee this week for a presidential run in 2020, made the comments when asked for her views on President Donald Trump’s recent decision to pull all U.S. military personnel out of Syria.
    “I think it is right to get our troops out of Syria ― and let me add, I think it’s right to get our troops out of Afghanistan,” Warren said.
    “I think that everybody who keeps saying, ‘No, no, no, we can’t do that,’ in the defense establishment needs to explain what they think winning in those wars [looks] like and where the metrics are,” the senator said.
    But Warren disagreed with Trump’s abrupt announcement of his decision on Syria, saying that policy shouldn’t be conducted via Twitter.
    “We actually need to plan this out and talk about it with our allies, how we ensure more safety and stability in the region,” she said.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/elizabeth-war...193643503.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bull$#@!.

She is just saying the same thing everyone else is saying, pushing the CIA talking point that this was a snap decision made after a single phone call.

“We actually need to plan this out and talk about it with our allies, how we ensure more safety and stability in the region,” she said.
    Contradictory statement. Spineless, really. We have no obligation to ensure safety and stability in other countries. That's what gets us into these messes.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Maddow's head will explode.. I wonder if she will invite Rand on again

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Maddow's head will explode.. I wonder if she will invite Rand on again
    Rand will never appear on that snake bitches show ever again.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

So Warren is now more non-interventionist than Noam Chomsky, who said it was a huge mistake to withdraw out of Syria. Got it.