Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 46 of 46

Thread: More Troops To Be Deployed To Southern US Border; Will Build 160 Miles Of Fencing

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's a good thing it isn't starting to look like an invasion.


    Oh wait, yeah it is starting to look like that.
    Yes, it does look like an invasion.

    Of Texas. By the federal government.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump hasn't even been in 6 months, you can't call him a boondoggle President unless he has overseen a military boondoggle for at least a year or two.




  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Yes, it does look like an invasion.

    Of Texas. By the federal government.
    LOL

    It IS an invasion of the US by hostile foreigners who seek to plunder our goods and subject us to tyranny.

    20 MILLION+ and counting.

    The entire state of California has been completely subjugated.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Yes, it does look like an invasion.

    Of Texas. By the federal government.
    We must give the president unlimited powers over everything if we have any hope of solving this problem.


    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

    "Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

    "China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

    "Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    We must give the president unlimited powers over everything if we have any hope of solving this problem.
    It is Constitutional for the president to repel invasions and he has been given statutory authority to declare an emergency and spend funds to protect the country.

    I would prefer that he do something other than the wall but most of those who voted for him want the wall and he is going to give it to them.


    Cry me a river.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  7. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It is Constitutional for the president to repel invasions and he has been given statutory authority to declare an emergency and spend funds to protect the country.

    I would prefer that he do something other than the wall but most of those who voted for him want the wall and he is going to give it to them.


    Cry me a river.
    Declaring states of emergencies over minor issues in order to obtain more power is what dictators do. Putin would be proud.


    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

    "Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

    "China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

    "Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  8. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Declaring states of emergencies over minor issues in order to obtain more power is what dictators do. Putin would be proud.
    It's not a minor issue, IT'S AN INVASION.

    Alinsky would be proud of your lies as would his idol Satan.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  9. #37
    Building the wall will also require the government to seize private property for the benefit of the state.

    If the border is so porous, why are the caravan people stuck in Mexico? Why don't they just walk across our wall-less, guardless open borders? Maybe because they aren't open?

    Why are apprehensions down (and have been declining for years)? Why has crime been declining since 1990 with so many criminals flooding over our open borders? Why are border towns and cities some of the safest ones in the country if all these criminals are flooding into them? Maybe because the threat is not real. It is ginned up by government to seize more power (and tax dollars) from its citizens. And people will be scared into letting them do it.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-10-2019 at 09:08 PM.


    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

    "Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

    "China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

    "Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Building the wall will also require the government to seize private property for the benefit of the state.
    Which is not optimal but is Constitutional and border defense is the best possible reason for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    If the border is so porous, why are the caravan people stuck in Mexico? Why don't they just walk across our wall-less, guardless open borders? Maybe because they aren't open?
    Because they are lazier than most invaders (that is why they came when ther was a caravan and not before) and they have been told that they can get in through the regular easy ports of entry if they wait or force their way across, they are also getting free stuff from the Mexican government where they are.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  11. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Which is not optimal but is Constitutional and border defense is the best possible reason for it.


    Because they are lazier than most invaders (that is why they came when ther was a caravan and not before) and they have been told that they can get in through the regular easy ports of entry if they wait or force their way across, they are also getting free stuff from the Mexican government where they are.
    Yeah- only lazy people walk 2000 miles in 90 degree heat. Illegal immigrants are also more likely than citizens to be in the labor force (according to Breitbart). Over 90% of male illegal immigrants vs 79% of male citizens (legal immigrants are also higher than those born here).

    Do you actually believe half of what you post? Or is that what your guidebook says you should be saying? To stir up dissent?


    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

    "Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

    "China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

    "Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Yeah- only lazy people walk 2000 miles in 90 degree heat. Illegal immigrants are also more likely than citizens to be in the labor force (according to Breitbart). Over 90% of male illegal immigrants vs 79% of male citizens (legal immigrants are also higher than those born here).
    I said lazier than the others NOT "lazy" and they didn't walk all the way, the caravan arranged transportation.
    And I told you the other reasons they are staying where they are.

    Also many of them have left the group and crossed the border elsewhere because IT IS WIDE OPEN.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Do you actually believe half of what you post? Or is that what your guidebook says you should be saying? To stir up dissent?
    Projecting again?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It is Constitutional for the president to repel invasions and he has been given statutory authority to declare an emergency and spend funds to protect the country.

    I would prefer that he do something other than the wall but most of those who voted for him want the wall and he is going to give it to them.


    Cry me a river.
    Then donít bitch when itís team (D)s turn and they say that the following are national emergencies:

    Hunger
    Homelessness
    Greenhouse gasses
    The environment
    Poverty
    Drugs

    Precedence sucks for liberty.

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Then don’t bitch when it’s team (D)s turn and they say that the following are national emergencies:

    Hunger
    Homelessness
    Greenhouse gasses
    The environment
    Poverty
    Drugs

    Precedence sucks for liberty.
    Those are not the same as an INVASION.

    The Constitution MANDATES that the Federal government protect the states against invasion.(read it sometime)

    Show me where any of those are mentioned in the constitution.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  16. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Those are not the same as an INVASION.

    The Constitution MANDATES that the Federal government protect the states against invasion.(read it sometime)

    Show me where any of those are mentioned in the constitution.
    General Welfare. That's what would be claimed. Slave Mentality is exactly right. Once you go down this road, there's no going back and then everything is an emergency. Then again, Presidents already declare national emergencies over nonsense like genocide in Rwanda that has nothing to do with us. It's how they keep us in a constant state of martial law/military rule already. Declare something an emergency every few months...some foreign intervention, or opioids or whatever.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  17. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    General Welfare. That's what would be claimed. Slave Mentality is exactly right. Once you go down this road, there's no going back and then everything is an emergency. Then again, Presidents already declare national emergencies over nonsense like genocide in Rwanda that has nothing to do with us. It's how they keep us in a constant state of martial law/military rule already. Declare something an emergency every few months...some foreign intervention, or opioids or whatever.
    The general welfare welfare clause is descriptive of the purpose of specific powers NOT an official mandate like the protect against invasions clause.

    The general welfare clause has already been abused as has the declaration of national emergencies, Trump declaring an emergency to stop an actual invasion won't set any new precedents nor does it legitimize the abuses that have already taken place, I will have every right to complain about any future abuses whether Trump declares a legitimate emergency over an invasion or not.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The general welfare welfare clause is descriptive of the purpose of specific powers NOT an official mandate like the protect against invasions clause.

    The general welfare clause has already been abused as has the declaration of national emergencies, Trump declaring an emergency to stop an actual invasion won't set any new precedents nor does it legitimize the abuses that have already taken place, I will have every right to complain about any future abuses whether Trump declares a legitimate emergency over an invasion or not.
    He doesn't mind the H1B visa invasion, however, and even promotes it now. lol
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  19. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    He doesn't mind the H1B visa invasion, however, and even promotes it now. lol
    That may change as his needs for particular political alliances change, in any case it is much smaller and of a slightly less dangerous composition than the illegal invasion.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads

  1. Pentagon: 5,000 Troops Will Be Deployed To U.S.-Mexico Border
    By enhanced_deficit in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-02-2018, 05:56 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 09:21 PM
  3. US TROOPS Move to Jordan/Syria Border, Build Base
    By presence in forum World News & Affairs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 06:11 PM
  4. 20,000 Troops deployed inside U.S + OWS = ???
    By Nate-ForLiberty in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 09:23 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •