Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tucker Carlson NOW

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    It is true without condition, regardless of "nuances". If something is contradictory, then it is irrational. Full stop. This is one of the most fundamental laws of reason.

(You explicitly identified the "rants" to which you referred as being contradictory. Perhaps you meant to say that they may appear to be contradictory upon cursory examination, but can be found not to be so upon deeper examination. If so, then that is well enough. but that is not what you actually said.)

Life is contradiction, nothing in life is immune to it, because
    Tucker may have missed some points of articulation, and
    'qualifiers' does not in any way equate to him being an
    irrational person/commentator.
    A frog kicks himself in the a## every time he jumps, is
    he irrational...

(Adolescent Semantics?)
    lets see where you take with this one;
    1) Capitalism is the most successful economic systems
    in the world.
    2) Capitalism is attributed with some of the worst abuses in
    the free world.
    OMG, how irrational....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More 'replace free with fair' nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post

Fraid not Count, if you saw the segment i originally posted about you would be praising Tucker too. He had a colnel on who was basically antiwar

His batting average still ain't too bad tho.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post

Life is contradiction, nothing in life is immune to it, because
    Tucker may have missed some points of articulation, and
    'qualifiers' does not in any way equate to him being an
    irrational person/commentator.
    A frog kicks himself in the a## every time he jumps, is
    he irrational...

(Adolescent Semantics?)
    lets see where you take with this one;
    1) Capitalism is the most successful economic systems
    in the world.
    2) Capitalism is attributed with some of the worst abuses in
    the free world.
    OMG, how irrational....
    What does any of this have to do with what I said?

I was addressing your claim that "contradict[ions ...] aren't indicative of irrational[ity]", That is incorrect. They are.

As far as what Carlson said, you characterized it as a contradictory rant that is somehow not indicative of irrationality, not me. I haven't said anything at all about what Carlson said.

I was addressing your claim that "contradict[ions ...] aren't indicative of irrational[ity]", That is incorrect. They are.

As far as what Carlson said, you characterized it as a contradictory rant that is somehow not indicative of irrationality, not me. I haven't said anything at all about what Carlson said.
    Herpes much?
    So this really is about 'me' ....ok
    Last edited by Stratovarious; 01-07-2019 at 08:10 AM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Lol. If you think tucker is correct, there may be little help for you. That rant was a confused mess.
    I await with hilarious anticipation our Neo-Reactionary future wherein Moldbug has his own cable news show, so that I can enjoy Captain USA’s reaction to *it*. Basically, his head will literally explode with confusion. You think you’ve experienced “confusing”? You think you know “rant”? Oh, my sweet summer child.

It’s gonna be a fun ride.

We can post every episode right here, to get the Captain USA reaction. To gauge what normal people are thinking. “He was here, then he was there; what the heck? A jumbled mess. What does Malcolm X have to do with the Jacobins? Is he against the Cathedral or isn’t he? What’s his stand on the Minimum Wage (or any other Really Important simple issue I can understand)? Why doesn’t he just come out and say?”

Zippyjuan’s not gonna know what to do. He’s gonna be Googling “OK, let’s see, ‘chart +color, +HNU(Human Neurological Uniformity) +GS-15 +Georgi Arbatov’.... oh forget it.”

Y’all won’t have to listen to my lame jokes any more. You’ll have an unending stream of hilarity, right on tap.

Discretion is the soul of wisdom.

Or is it valor?

Always good to see you pop in, Occam, and toss some peels around for unsuspecting souls to slip on. I'm sure even Wittgenstein could appreciate some good slapstick now and then.

Here, let me try it myself. I think I am more than capable of injecting some "incoherent randomness" that would be right at home in a Tucker monologue like the above.

Captain USA will have NO idea what it has to do with anything.

See, Juan isn't the only one who can do color charts. Bo knows Color Charts!

What does this have to do with Cheap-Chinese Junks and Self-Driving Trunks, you ask? And I am honored you did.

A society with obese teenagers is deeply disfunctional. It has some really ugly problems under the surface that have been festering for a really long time and are going to be extremely difficult to root out. So then what does one say about a society with obese CHILDREN?

Like, this is bad, yo?

On RPF we all kinda sickened by this, yo, except without the kinda. Get an Amen?

But my bro Captain be all like, "You all cain't be like that. It's the free market, baby! Whatchoo wanna do? You're all saying you want the Gov to regulate meal size, ban big plates at restaurants, micromanage the food industry to lower calories in food, and keep reducing Big Gulp sizes, don't you all? Don't lie! I know you do!

"These big boneded peeps are just exercising their inalienable Pursuit of Happy Feels. It's their right. We've gotta defend their rights -- especially when they want to use them for unpopular, disgusting things. Whether that is screeching at people with shirts, or making yourself too blubberous to fit into any shirts manufacturable with our current technology. They're both the same thing. And we need to defend that thing. Because it's the same. And it's freedom.

"It's the principle. Lardos are just pursuing their philosophical vision for their lives, and if you wanna stop that, you're just a totalitarian. AF, Danke, Dannno,... everyone who's ever posted in a People of Walmart thread: you all are just totalitarians, trying to shove your narrow vision of narrow people who can fit through standard doors onto everyone. Because what's "standard"? What's a "door"? Hmm? Let's just let the market decide!

"Why-come can't you just trust the market?!? Support the free market!1! If that means literally supporting, with ubiquitous forklifts winching everyone from place to place, what's the problem? That's freedom, baby! Embrace the freedom. (That is, if your arms can reach around it.)"

Liberty

Empowerment

Individualism

Freedom Fighter
    Last edited by H_H; 01-07-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Tucker is a huge improvement on that wingbag O'Reilly!
    O'Reilly was reptilian. So dishonest. So toxic. So disgusting. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Klingon women are hot, no?
    vaj not DuD Segh. 'ach: HIja' chaH.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    French is wrong. If you got rid of the elites, many of our problems would disappear as well. He's trying to 'gate-keep' again.

I am loving David French right now. Don't hate on the French. He is doing God's work for us.

First off, just look how virtuous he is:

OK, with his virtue credentials now established, check out this deliciously true quote:

"Carlson is advancing a form of victim-politics populism that takes a series of tectonic cultural changes—civil rights, women’s rights, a technological revolution as significant as the industrial revolution, the mass-scale loss of religious faith, the sexual revolution, etc.—and turns the negative or challenging aspects of those changes into an angry tale of what they are doing to you." -- Rev. David A French

What does Helmuth love this quote, you ask? Why does he want it to spread far and wide into normiedom?

The official position of everyone who is not a Neon-Nazi, Neo-Nazi, or other hateful and forbidden person, is that all these things are happening randomly for no reason. And that no one is behind them. Thus there is no one to oppose for them. "Inevitable Forces of History," as Marx would have it. Nobody to fight. Nobody to blame. And no way you can stop it. Here, have some fentanyl.

But this quote is making that claim way too explicit. Explicit assertions are poison to our society's system, which is entirely constructed of lies. Oopsies! Tactical error, Frenchie!

Make the lies too explicit, and even the normies can see they are lies.

Because there are no such things as "Inevitable Forces of History". In point of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post
    our society's system, which is entirely constructed of lies.

Make the lies too explicit, and even the normies can see they are lies.
    Just another floodlight falling from the sky.

A suspicion hatched.
    A squint.
    A match.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Pseudo capitalism accompanied with vast monetary debasement destroys society. I think Tucker may be working his way to this conclusion.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Because there are no such things as "Inevitable Forces of History". In point of fact.
    That's what the progressives preach, when their handiwork comes to fruition.
    Last edited by AuH20; 01-07-2019 at 12:29 PM.

vaj not DuD Segh. 'ach: HIja' chaH.
    ghot'e' tlhIngan immigration Hub'eghtaHvIS breeding Human je 'ej neH Human genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    There is no "free".
    Not when it comes to international trade.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 01-07-2019 at 03:40 PM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    French is wrong. If you got rid of the elites, many of our problems would disappear as well. He's trying to 'gate-keep' again.

No, they wouldn't since you have to replace the elites with someone or some group of people. A society without elites is a leftist utopian pipe dream. There is simply no one on the dissident right who is capable. The mantra of "become worthy, then lead" is a good one, but I see very little of that happening. The leader figures who have emerged are totally ineffectual fools.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Tucker is interesting and right about much, but he's incorrect about the teleology of technology. Nick Land is far closer to the truth of technology, the market and the macro-intelligence of both than Tucker Carlson is. Luddites are paper tigers.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    No, they wouldn't since you have to replace the elites with someone or some group of people. A society without elites is a leftist utopian pipe dream.
    Exactly, exactly, exactly, exactly.

Exactly.

There is simply no one on the dissident right who is capable.
    Ahh. There is one.

One who could unite them. One with an army of literally millions. All male. All normal and not freaks. And all with some shooting training (albeit simulated). With them, he could reclaim the Throne of Gondor.

We are all loyal to the Rightful Lord and King of the Internet. We but await his word: Go forth, and slay.

In tonight's episode, $#@!er had a delightful piece on how reefer madness is real (actual phrasing).

Apparently, the recent turn away from caging people for drug use shows that government doesn't care about the people (actual phrasing).

Smash those demon bongs Mz. Carlson.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    ghot'e' tlhIngan immigration Hub'eghtaHvIS breeding Human je 'ej neH Human genocide.
    HISlaH! majQa'.

nIv, Human not ngeH.

muqtovor.

nga'chuq pe'vIl.

chaq 'op QaQ nuv.

chaH naDevvo' peghoS.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Smash those demon bongs
    Are you, yourself, a marijuana addict, 3.P.O?

Are you, yourself, a marijuana addict, 3.P.O?
    Addict?

Was that supposed to be connoisseur but it was auto corrected?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Let's break down 3.P.O.'s logic for him.

'Cause he ain't gonna do it.

1. Democracy is a stupid and horrible system, because
    2. The masses are stupid and easily manipulated by the elite via cultural propaganda, thus:
    3. All our problems are the masses' fault and not at all the fault of the elite in any way. Oh, and also
    4. Culture doesn't matter at all and is something only stupid people would think about.

Oh, and it's very important that the masses be encouraged to be high all the time. That's not in the logical chain; that's just a-priori given.

Hmm. Something fishy seemed to happen between 2. and 3. there. Does it seem to anyone else to have a bit of a... "break," there? To not exactly.... "follow"? Hmm.

Prohibition works, we just didn't spend enough money on the drug war

I was on an airplane once and a woman was having a heart attack and the flight attendant came on and asked if there was a news anchor who could help them and there was none so the woman died.

HISlaH! majQa'.

nIv, Human not ngeH.

muqtovor.

nga'chuq pe'vIl.

chaq 'op QaQ nuv.

chaH naDevvo' peghoS.
    vIHtaHbogh roghvaH Sung nuq? 'IH Daq yIn yIn je pep vemmoH wa' jaj qorDu' 'ej nov juHchaj chaH lach'eghDI' jotmoH, Hol nov cultural 'ej unable?

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast