Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pelosi has a message for Trump: 'Nothing for the wall'

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    "Mexico will pay for it." I didn't believe it then, I don't believe it now.
    How can anyone believe it? The person who made that promise is now the main one opposing it. It was a lie to get elected. Nothing more. The memories of the mindless lemmings who shouted it along with him at his rallies are too short for them to care. They were happy to be useful idiots for him, and they'll be happy to play that role again whenever they feel like he needs that from them.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This does not appear to be fakenews:

Trump says he could keep shutdown going for months or years

By Kevin Liptak, CNN
    Updated 4:26 PM ET, Fri January 4, 2019

Washington (CNN)A meeting Friday between President Donald Trump and newly powerful Democrats ended in varied descriptions of what transpired, with Republicans expressing fresh optimism a deal could be struck and their political opponents offering drearier views of a compromise.

Neither side emerged detailing an immediate breakthrough that could end the continued stalemate that has allowed a partial government shutdown to wear on for two weeks. And despite his rosier outlook, Trump conceded the impasse could reach an historic length, a timeline first relayed by the Senate's top Democrat.
    Trump "said he'd keep the government closed for a very long period of time -- months or even years," according to Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer, who spoke to reporters in the White House driveway.
    "Absolutely I said that," Trump affirmed from the Rose Garden shortly afterward. "I don't think it will, but I'm prepared."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04/polit...osi/index.html

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Nancy Peyote

'' We need to pass it so we can find out what's in it - - '' Nancy Peyote

Braking [sic] ! NPA News* Brief

James Brown's son in law's 2nd cousin announced earlier today that
    his attorneys have filed for repossession of Maxine Water's wigs as well
    as Nancy Peyote's Lips, they will be donated to the 'Wall effort' and promised that no
    one will ever cross where those items are planted.
    James posthumously exclaimed; ''I feel good!''

*NPA News
    Never Printed Anywhere
    Last edited by Stratovarious; 01-04-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

By Kevin Liptak, CNN

Washington (CNN)A meeting Friday between President Donald Trump and newly powerful Democrats ended in varied descriptions of what transpired, with Republicans expressing fresh optimism a deal could be struck and their political opponents offering drearier views of a compromise.

Neither side emerged detailing an immediate breakthrough that could end the continued stalemate that has allowed a partial government shutdown to wear on for two weeks. And despite his rosier outlook, Trump conceded the impasse could reach an historic length, a timeline first relayed by the Senate's top Democrat.
    Trump "said he'd keep the government closed for a very long period of time -- months or even years," according to Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer, who spoke to reporters in the White House driveway.
    "Absolutely I said that," Trump affirmed from the Rose Garden shortly afterward. "I don't think it will, but I'm prepared."

Good. This is Trumps defining moment. If he doesn't give in I predict he wins in 2020. Which is what all this is about. I listened to Shumer on NPR last night. This obstructionism is purely political.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Troll Trump.

Is that what the wall is supposed to look like? Gotta have a few gaps for the drugs to somehow get though.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Is that what the wall is supposed to look like? Gotta have a few gaps for the drugs to somehow get though.
    They come across much faster and easier if the vehicle can just drive across.
    The gaps are so the Border Patrol can see anyone approaching from the other side.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    The government shutown is the closest we will ever have to reducing government interference in our lives. I say keep it going indefinitely!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    The government shutown is the closest we will ever have to reducing government interference in our lives. I say keep it going indefinitely!
    Seconded.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That great meme reminded of this other amazing MAGA meme:

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Thank you DJTvsg

Is that 2nd amendment liberty defending machine bump stock compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post

The "Steel Slats" just got 10 feet higher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTHA264e5Ow

Related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM1HtZBt01o

Ah yes, constantina wire. That Freedom Wire’s biggest foe is the evil Mexican Sidecutters.

Boogity boogity!

Why scores of TSA workers are calling in sick during government shutdown

As many as 170 TSA officers are calling in sick each day at JFK Airport rather than work without a paycheck during the partial government shutdown, raising serious security concerns.

Mass sickouts among the officers who screen baggage and passengers are affecting at least three other major airports, CNN reported, citing senior agency officials and union honchos at the Transportation Security Administration.

“It sucks not being paid,” one TSA officer at JFK told The Post Friday night. “People are frustrated.”

So far, he said, his colleagues are only calling out sick “here and there.”

But he added, ominously, “Wait until this weekend.”

Two TSA sources told CNN that the sickouts are protests over not being paid as the shutdown begins its third week — with one calling it the “blue flu,” referring to the uniforms worn by screeners.

But union officials insisted that many of those calling out sick are just taking backup jobs so they can pay their bills; others can no longer afford child care and are forced to stay home with the kids.

Whatever the motive, the sickouts will make flying more dangerous.

“This will definitely affect the flying public who we [are] sworn to protect,” Hydrick Thomas, president of the national TSA employee union, told CNN.

Thomas’ union represents some 55,000 TSA employees, who screen approximately 800 million fliers a year; he is based at JFK.

Morning-shift officers at the airport are being forced to work extra hours to cover the gaps, he told CNN.

Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport typically has only 25 to 30 TSA employees call out sick each day; now, those call-outs are up 200 to 300 percent, a local TSA official told CNN.

In North Carolina, Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham’s airports are seeing call-outs jump by 10 percent, local union president Mac Johnson told the news network.

“Performance standards will not change,” spokesman Michael Bilello told The Post Friday night, insisting that “call-outs” are far lower than reported, and are causing only “minimal impact.”

“To date, screening wait times remain well within TSA standards,” he added.

But call-outs are expected to only increase the longer the shutdown continues, causing the agency to bridge the gap through either long lines or less screening.

Officers could even be forced to loosen standards for checked baggage, experts told CNN.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/04/why-sc...ment-shutdown/
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Boogity boogity!

They are gonna run out of sick days. What then?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I guess they're going to have to get a free candy van if they want to keep molesting people.

“The shutdown could go on for years”

November 9, 2016 is the new July 4, 1776.

Essential Services re; TSA

There are several reasons why it is essential that we maintain
    TSA's uninterrupted service, I have listed below, the top 5;

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

By Kevin Liptak, CNN

The shutdown has turned off E-verify, which employers use to determine if job applicants are "legally present" (aka US Citizens/Securitized Debt Slaves).

How's that for the ultimate irony? The shutdown that Trump forced over the wall, to limit the effects of illegal immigration, now prevents employers from verifying whether applicants are illegal immigrants. So rich.

----------------------------

Boogity boogity!
    So what you're saying is that it's a great time for another big false flag?
    Last edited by devil21; 01-05-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The shutdown has turned off E-verify, which employers use to determine if job applicants are "legally present" (aka US Citizens/Securitized Debt Slaves).

How's that for the ultimate irony? The shutdown that Trump forced over the wall, to limit the effects of illegal immigration, now prevents employers from verifying whether applicants are illegal immigrants. So rich.

Why should it be up to employers to enforce immigration policy?

And it's not like you can't tell who's illegal and who isn't just by looking at them...
    "Only after disaster can we be resurrected."

Heil Honkler!

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Just tax the money wired down to south of the boarder to pay for it. Call it a "fee."
    I thought about that, but then bundles of cash could be mailed? pretty risky but...

perhaps Bitcoins?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Boogity boogity!

I miss this and the Office , and like the Seinfeld series, I didn't
    think I would be able to sit through an entire episode of any of them,
    then became addicted to all three.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Maybe they can get a productive job that produces something positive.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamL View Post
    Why should it be up to employers to enforce immigration policy?

And it's not like you can't tell who's illegal and who isn't just by looking at them...
    I'm not sure it's quite so simple as looking at someone to determine if they are an illegal immigrant (there's more than just hispanics on this planet) but my comment wasn't meant as commentary on E-verify, per se, just the thick irony/contradiction of this whole thing. It's kinda like it's not really about illegal immigrants, maybe?

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    You ask a lot from a government worker.

A temporary sacrifice is necessary to ensure that something is done to stop the invasion, allowing the status quo to continue indefinitely to keep E-verify running isn't worth it because we will be destroyed if the status quo remains.

You just can't take a win or something?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm not sure it's quite so simple as looking at someone to determine if they are an illegal immigrant (there's more than just hispanics on this planet) but my comment wasn't meant as commentary on E-verify, per se, just the thick irony/contradiction of this whole thing. It's kinda like it's not really about illegal immigrants, maybe?
    It's kinda like Trump has to take desperate measures to get anything done because Congress is full of traitors.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Are they capable of that?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Trump should never sign another foreign aid bill.

@realDonaldTrump Sign NO foreign aid bills from no on.

Done.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Donald J. Trump
    ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    9h9 hours ago

The Democrats want Billions of Dollars for Foreign Aid, but they don’t want to spend a small fraction of that number on properly securing our Border. Figure that one out!

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's kinda like Trump has to take desperate measures to get anything done because Congress is full of traitors.
    We must ignore free market principles to save the free market?

Heard it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast