Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If Culture isn't Genetic and Preservation of Culture is the Goal...

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    How does anything he said relate to population replacement or white genocide?
    Instead of seeking a solution to plummeting birth rates in western societies he is suggesting that we adopt children of other races, if that was even practical it would result in a replacement of whites by the other races and the end of whites.

What is a "demographic problem"?
    Birth rates that are dropping far below replacement level.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post
    Merry Christmas.

See, at least we won the War On Christmas. We're all saying Marry Christmas again. Everybody was this year. That's been nice.

So Merry Christmas again, OtherOne!
    You have to admit it feels strange to realize how repressed everybody allowed themselves to be.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In that case, I don't see how Swordsmyth's point stands. If there is an over-representation of communists among the darker-skinned members of a population, then disabusing them of communism through whatever peaceful means, including suggestions like those raised in the OP, would solve that demographic problem.

It seems to me that he must have been referring to some demographic problem that would continue to obtain for as long as those darker-skinned members of the population were present, regardless of their ideologies. Almost as if their presence itself constituted a demographic problem.

The meaning of his previous mention of "white genocide" may also shed some light on that.
    Aside from the intended end of whites the adopted children would still suffer from our kleptocracy and their birth rates would be too low, I already pointed that out in my first post in this thread.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Individual choices accepted and copied by other individuals make the largest contribution, the exact proportions may be debated.
    Quick:

Individuals have genes; true or false?

Quick:

True

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What is a "demographic problem"?
    I don't know SuperMan; what is a demographic Solution?

Mmm?

In your view.

That might shed some harsh, eye-hurting arc-light on the wordys. Eh?

For that matter, what does "demographics" mean? Can you at least have the decency to define it for us plebes? Looks like a goofy, professorial word to me. Probably made up by a commie. And how are we supposed to have any idea what it means? It reminds me of something I've seen before, though..... what was that?.....

Hey, wait a minute, this demogardic gobbly you're on about, it doesn't have anything to do with demo-CRACY, does it?

True
    Thank you. Noted.

Stir. Cover. Let simmer and percolate two to five years.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Have several friends, and one family member, who have adopted children from different ethnic backgrounds & the kids are great & the families are very happy.
    I would be more careful as to what you confess, Andrew. Especially on behalf of others, whom you (presumably) care about, at least marginally.

Child trafficking -- sale, abduction, purchase, laundering, etc. -- has not always and everywhere been acceptable in human history. It is possible it may become.... "unfashionable" again at some time in the future. There may be repercussions for those who participated.

Thank you. Noted.

Stir. Cover. Let simmer and percolate two to five years.

Enjoy!
    The question that may be debated as I stated in my earlier post is how much influence does the genetics of the individual have on the choices they make.

I do not claim that it has none but I also believe that its effect is smaller than free will choices.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I would be more careful as to what you confess, Andrew. Especially on behalf of others, whom you (presumably) care about, at least marginally.

Child trafficking -- sale, abduction, purchase, laundering, etc. -- has not always and everywhere been acceptable in human history. It is possible it may become.... "unfashionable" again at some time in the future. There may be repercussions for those who participated.
    Ender is probably not even in the country. It's OK.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The question that may be debated
    Umm, not here it mayn't be.

Nor on Facebook, nor on Google properties (incl. Youtube etc.), nor on Reddit, nor on Twitter....

Nope, you've gotta figure it out on your own. Better, in a way. No hand-holding. Means no NPCs can possibly find their way there. Everyone there is an independent thinking man, with a stream of consciousness and a loyalty to the truth. That's a strong foundation of men to build on. A toast:

To the Future!

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Ender is probably not even in the country. It's OK.
    Pani-pani-pani-pani! Pani-water! Pani pani!

Quick:

It's a Christmas miracle! Dear Helmuth used the "I" word! Mayhap he was visited by three ghosts last week?
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Umm, not here it can't be.

Nor on Facebook, nor on Google properties (incl. Youtube etc.), nor on Reddit, nor on Twitter....

Nope, you've gotta figure it out on your own. Better, in a way. No hand-holding. Means no NPCs can possibly find their way there. Everyone there is an independent thinking man, with a stream of consciousness and a loyalty to the truth. That's a strong foundation of men to build on. A toast:

To the Future!
    What I meant was that it could be debated in your own mind or over a kitchen table.
    In spite of the fact that I believe that free will and cultural influence from parents and society is a larger factor than genetics I would like to see scientific studies (provided they were conducted ethically, no kidnapping of large numbers of children) and open debate on the topic so that I could either prove my position or adapt it to the facts.

Even if I just assume that I am right I am denied the chance to prove it by censorship, those who believe that genetics is the major factor will never listen to me so long as study and debate are banned for this topic.

Those who scream "racist" over the slightest suggestion that there is any genetic influence actually create an environment in which the most extreme racists are safe from being proved wrong.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I do not claim that it has none but I also believe that its effect is smaller than free will choices.
    Another interesting question:

I do believe in free will. Deeply. However, does every human body have a soul?

Recently it has been discovered that there is a large portion of the population that does not experience a running inner dialogue. They have no stream of consciousness.

So, someone literally without a stream of consciousness, with no concept of that, does such a being have a soul? Or are they empty avatars God placed on Earth to challenge us and make things more interesting?

This one I don't have the answer; just a fascinating question.

Anyway, moral: don't ever let NPCs bum you. They're just NPCs. They're a gift, not a curse. The meaning's in the struggle. And the struggle is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    It's a Christmas miracle! Dear Helmuth used the "I" word! Mayhap he was visited by three ghosts last week?
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Aww, you ole softy.

Yeah, I perchance to take out the old sentimental trinkets now and again and blow the dust off, if only to figure out whom to regift them to.

But a man should not have a bunch of purely sentimental objects he lugs around. If they're not practical, if you're not using them, if you've outgrown them? Then toss, toss, and toss some more.

Recently it has been discovered that there is a large portion of the population that does not experience a running inner dialogue. They have no stream of consciousness.
    Wow, that's interesting.. Some people work really, really hard at meditating just to get a break from it.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

That's nice, I've known families like that as well but it isn't a solution to our demographic problems.
    I don't see a demographic problem.

Culture is another thing

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Those who scream "racist" over the slightest suggestion that there is any genetic influence actually create an environment in which the most extreme racists are safe from being proved wrong.
    There is no realistic Genetic difference as ALL Humans have a single ancestor..
    There is no such thing as Race and anyone who promotes such is worthy of derision..

Get the Phuck Out with that stupid race bait.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I don't see a demographic problem.
    Well we have one, our native population is not reproducing enough.
    Government is the cause of the problem and the foreigners that the government seeks to replace us with will make government and the problem worse.

Culture is another thing

Yes some cultures are more desirable than others:

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Wow, that's interesting.. Some people work really, really hard at meditating just to get a break from it.
    Yeah, I sometimes work (mostly completely ineffectually) at turning it off, inspired partly by a book I really like, Mastery, that talks about how by doing so you can access other types of intelligence which are pre-verbal (thinking inside other people's heads to relate to them via mirror neurons being the main one).

Anyway, NPC means Non-Player-Character, of course, from the video gaming world. It's a meme. It really has been driving certain people crazy the past few months. They really, really don't like it. Hits a nerve.

Like here are some characters trying to oppose the meme in such an NPC way that they inadvertently lend weight to the hypothesis. Whoa, like: Meta!

There is no such thing as Race and anyone who promotes such is worthy of derision..

There are differences between people who come from different gene pools just as there are major differences between different animal populations/breeds.

Stop creating a safe space for racists who believe that genetics is the dominant factor in determining human behavior by trying to shut down study and debate.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Well we have one, our native population is not reproducing enough.
    Which "native" Population?

Native to Where?

You talk like your "culture" is something I want to preserve or promote.. and I think it stinks like death.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Which "native" Population?
    Ours.

Native to Where?
    This country and the western world.

You talk like your "culture" is something I want to preserve or promote.. and I think it stinks like death.
    All cultures are corrupt, other cultures will not allow you as much freedom once they replace ours.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

From around the year 1000 AD to 1800 AD, eastern Jews were able to raise their average IQ by a whopping 20 points.. they did so because their culture promoted rich, intelligent, hard working, industrious men to be able to keep their earnings, marry a woman and have a lot of children.

During the same time, the smartest Christians were sent to the clergy, and did not procreate. So their IQ stagnated.

You should look into the average IQ differences between different groups of people from different areas. You don't have to call them races if you don't want to, it doesn't really make a difference what you call them. There are average IQ differences between northern Africans and sub-Saharan Africans.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

There are differences between people who come from different gene pools just as there are major differences between different animal populations/breeds.
    Is that in the Eugenics talking points??

Sounds like their Human Farming rhetoric.

After all,, you can't have Superiority without inferiority.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is that in the Eugenics talking points??

Sounds like their Human Farming rhetoric.

After all,, you can't have Superiority without inferiority.
    Where did I say anything about superiority or inferiority?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    From around the year 1000 AD to 1800 AD, eastern Jews (snip)
    Khazar,,

Most "jews" are not even related to Abraham.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Khazar,,

Most "jews" are not even related to Abraham.
    Now who is nitpicking race?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Where did I say anything about superiority or inferiority?
    Same Rhetoric that I have been arguing since the 80s..
    Same arguments,,,

Same $#@! that had contracts on my life from the Aryan Nation $#@!heads in the Missouri State Penitentiary.

I'm still here to argue the stupid RACE crap... NO SUCH THING.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast