Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retailers Rejecting Customers’ Cash As More Ban Paper Money

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Yeah, government likes to contradict itself.

State laws might require people to take cash.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    They even have employees sold on two issues;
    They will always take cash.
    They are not taking jobs from cashiers.
    -
    And of course we all know that we can keep our doctor
    and the premiums will not go up.
    The savings to the customer that might be attached to 'self serve' ,
    are temporary at best, in the long run, prices eventually will bear no
    relationship to that savings, they will creep up until whatever we thought
    they were doing for us is completely gone.
    -
    At my nearest Wal-Mart, they have 12 self serves open all the time, and
    usually 1 to 2 regular checkouts. I view that as 36 jobs, am, pm, and late evening
    shifts, 24 jobs on the lower end, but can anyone see where this is heading
    if we patronize these 'conveniences' .
    The argument of course for these 'jobs' is that now they can go get better jobs
    , get better educated, lol, reality is that a lot of these positions are filled by
    folks that are not ever going advance into 'higher tech' jobs, ever, so we can
    be like France and just put everyone on welfare right? ha .......
    That is why, when I change my mind about buying something, I just leave it where ever in the store. Mr A gets mad even though I've explained to him that I'm creating jobs. Notice all those employees pushing around shopping carts putting stuff away? I helped create that job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    That is why, when I change my mind about buying something, I just leave it where ever in the store. Mr A gets mad even though I've explained to him that I'm creating jobs. Notice all those employees pushing around shopping carts putting stuff away? I helped create that job.
    Good Lord, I love it, I have threatened to walk away many times under my breath,
    even remarked to another customer, I think I actually did it once a couple years ago
    at a Smiths Market, not positive, can't tell you how many times it has occurred
    to me though, to do so.

So these jobs you create, Excellent.
    I stopped going to Smiths about a year ago, got tired of them having just 1 regular register, but 4 self
    serves open, constantly trying to hustle me over to the self serve, if I ever go back there,
    when they grab my cart and try to herd' me over to self serve, I'll give them the cart, and
    tell them I need to go grab my wallet.....:smile:

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Good Lord, I love it, I have threatened to walk away many times under my breath,
    even remarked to another customer, I think I actually did it once a couple years ago
    at a Smiths Market, not positive, can't tell you how many times it has occurred
    to me though, to do so.

So these jobs you create, Excellent.
    I stopped going to Smiths about a year ago, got tired of them having just 1 regular register, but 4 self
    serves open, constantly trying to hustle me over to the self serve, if I ever go back there,
    when they grab my cart and try to herd' me over to self serve, I'll give them the cart, and
    tell them I need to go grab my wallet.....:smile:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Hilarious, plus this kind of humor is so much better than the constant political-agendaand race baiting humorists throughout todays comedic market.

When he gets around to the customer svc calls, I'm reminded of the lady
    that kept telling me she was sorry that I was unhappy , and couldn't admit
    or even acknowledge the issue, the fubar co policy , fail, or whatever - - the company
    was not in error, dissatisfaction was my problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12