THOMAS MASSIE IGNITES IRE BY SLOWING DOWN END OF THE YEAR VOTES IN PROTEST

Molly Prince
12/20/2018

Republican Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky is upsetting members of the House of Representatives on both sides of the aisle by demanding end of the year voting be done by roll call rather than streamlining the process via voice votes.

“They’ve suspended my right to get a vote on matters of war, so I’m exercising my right to get a vote on everything else,” Massie told The Daily Caller News Foundation Thursday, referring to a resolution he co-sponsored in September that would withdraw U.S. support from Yemen.

“House members furious at Thomas Massie right now. Several have expressed their displeasure to him,” tweeted Manu Raju, CNN’s Senior Congressional Correspondent. “He’s making them take many roll call votes — rather than quick voice votes — as a way to protest GOP leaders denying vote on resolution to pull US support from Saudi-led war in Yemen.”

“Confirmed,” replied Republican Pennsylvania Rep. Ryan Costello on Twitter.

Massie acknowledged the backlash from his fellow lawmakers, tweeting that his colleagues were “annoyed to record their position on 10 bills tonight” which he state was “mainly because doing their jobs made them late to dinners and parties.” He also noted that it only takes five minutes per vote.

He later repeated the sentiments to TheDCNF, saying that “mostly they’re just upset that they have to come to work while they’re in Washington.”

read more:
https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/20/t...en-war-powers/