Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand Paul Rages In Epic Festivus Tweetstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Look who pops up to defend our number one advocate of interventionism.

I thought you were the one who was supposedly so concerned about Bolton trolls.
    I'm not likely to listen to one of them when he says, "There's one over there!"
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I'm not likely to listen to one of them when he says, "There's one over there!"
    Sure, I work for Bolton.
    That is why I oppose all of his primary goals, he pays me to call for an end to wars and foreign aid for Israel.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sure, I work for Bolton.
    That is why I oppose all of his primary goals, he pays me to call for an end to wars and foreign aid for Israel.

Bolton doesn't care what camouflage you use. He just wants the population divided along partisan lines. So divided people are scared to talk to people for fear they're demons out for blood.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

"Maybe if I can convince Rand's base that interventionism is libertarian he will flip flop and support me"
    War is peace.

Bolton doesn't care what camouflage you use. He just wants the population divided along partisan lines. So divided people are scared to talk to people for fear they're demons out for blood.
    Sure.

Now please explain why you decided to defend our number one cheerleader for foreign intervention and why you don't follow him around the forum and harass him.

You are either an active Demoncrat or a former Demoncrat who is in denial about the absolute decay of your preferred party.
    My views are no different than many other members of the forum but you have made me your number one target for your well known divide, ban and conquer activities because I was new to this forum and I dared to fight back when you tried to drive me away for daring to express views that you didn't like.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Sure.

Now please explain why you decided to defend our number one cheerleader for foreign intervention and why you don't follow him around the forum and harass him.
    I don't follow anyone around and harass them. I do react to obnoxious behavior when and where I see it. If you think I'm following you around and harassing you, you clearly spread obnoxious behavior around.

As for his politics, it's natural for people like you to try to demonize anyone who speaks civilly with him on occasion, and refuses to disagree with him when he's not wrong. Both of you are statists and do indeed have something of a taste for tyranny. You just prefer different flavors.

I'll tell you something else you don't want to know. He's much less of a collectivist, and more of an individualist, than you are.

You are either an active Demoncrat or a former Demoncrat who is in denial about the absolute decay of your preferred party.
    My views are no different than many other members of the forum but you have made me your number one target for your well known divide, ban and conquer activities because I was new to this forum and I dared to fight back when you tried to drive me away for daring to express views that you didn't like.
    The only other person to accuse me of trying to get people banned all the time was a progressive troll that came in here claiming to have a bizarre batch of medical problems and whatnot. I caught that person in an obvious lie and pointed it out, but never once reported the account. You seem to have quite a lot in common with that program, including paranoia, a belief this forum is here to serve as a platform for your propaganda, a tendency to place partisanship above reason, and a serious victim complex.

Hate to burst your bubble, but I've seen lots and lots and lots of people here with views a lot like yours. The only ones I take issue with are the ones who try to drive people away who disagree with them by labeling them things like "Demoncrat or former Demoncrat" and arguing with them long after both sides have made their points like an angry child.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-26-2018 at 09:24 AM.

I don't follow anyone around and harass them. I do react to obnoxious behavior when and where I see it. If you think I'm following you around and harassing you, you clearly spread obnoxious behavior around.

As for his politics, it's natural for people like you to try to demonize anyone who speaks civilly with him on occasion, and refuses to disagree with him when he's not wrong. Both if you are statists and do indeed have something of a taste for tyranny. You just prefer different flavors.

I'll tell you something else you don't want to know. He's much less of a collectivist, and more of an individualist, than you are.

The only other person to accuse me of trying to get people banned all the time was a progressive troll that came in here claiming to have a bizarre batch of medical problems and whatnot. I caught that person in an obvious lie and pointed it out, but never once reported the account. You seem to have quite a lot in common with that program, including paranoia, a belief this forum is here to serve as a platform for your propaganda, a tendency to place partisanship above reason, and a serious victim complex.

Hate to burst your bubble, but I've seen lots and lots and lots of people here with views a lot like yours. The only ones I take issue with are the ones who try to drive people away who disagree with them by labeling them things like "Demoncrat or former Demoncrat" and arguing with them long after both sides have made their points like an angry child.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Rev sounds like Lindsey.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Look who pops up to defend our number one advocate of interventionism.

I thought you were the one who was supposedly so concerned about Bolton trolls.
    Stop with the &*#!ing name calling NOW.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    What are your thoughts on your buddy zippy defending the position that we need to stay in Syria??
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What are your thoughts on your buddy zippy defending the position that we need to stay in Syria??
    My thoughts are that zippy can think anything he likes; he shows opposing views but he NEVER insults or calls people names.
    There is no spoon.

My thoughts are that zippy can think anything he likes; he shows opposing views but he NEVER insults or calls people names.
    So calling somebody John Bolton is extremely insulting and offensive, in your view, but holding John Bolton's views and posting them on the forum makes that poster perfectly acceptable to you?

Wow, I must say that Rand's mastery of triggering Warren followers is quite epic, if the response to that tweet is any indicator.

Makes me wonder how many Dems are closely following Rand's twitter, to elicit that amount of tweet hate back at him.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    So calling somebody John Bolton is extremely insulting and offensive, in your view, but holding John Bolton's views and posting them on the forum makes that poster perfectly acceptable to you?
    Ahhh...interpreting thoughts is not your strong suit.

But calling names, insulting, & taking the focus off the OP is OK.

Gottcha.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Wow, I must say that Rand's mastery of triggering Warren followers is quite epic, if the response to that tweet is any indicator.

Makes me wonder how many Dems are closely following Rand's twitter, to elicit that amount of tweet hate back at him.
    A LOT of them, recall he has been one of Trumps biggest public backers, even when he is fighting to stop Trump policies. ALL of his tweets get that type of hate back on him, no matter the subject.

I'll call R3v an interventionist all I want, he openly advocates for it.

You need to stop defending the indefensible.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12