Thread: Swearing has more benefits than you may think — from improving your workouts to bonding

Swearing has more benefits than you may think — from improving your workouts to bonding

Swearing has more benefits than you may think — from improving your workouts to bonding with your coworkers

David Anderson and Rebecca Wilkin
    Dec. 17, 2018

• The average American utters 80 to 90 curse words every day — that's about five swears every hour.
    • Swearing can have benefits from relieving stress or pain, to helping you bond with your coworkers.
    • Cursing while working out may even give you an extra boost of energy.

Americans are cursing more today than ever before. In fact, the average American utters 80 to 90 curse words every day. That's about five curse words every waking hour. And it might not be in vain. Turns out, swearing may help make you live a happier, healthier life in the long-run.

When you stub your toe and holler your favorite dirty, four-letter word, You're actually doing yourself a favor. Swearing has been known to raise your heart rate, which can help reduce the pain. For example, one study found that people who held their hand in icy water while cursing lasted 50% longer than the people who used neutral words — like "wooden" and "flat."
    And if you're still not convinced that you should curse more, consider this: Swearing could be the key to improving your workouts. Researchers asked people to curse while riding a stationary bike and holding a device that measured handgrip strength. Wouldn't you know it, participants pedaled faster and gripped stronger while spewing their favorite expletives. And swearing won't just help you get more fit, it can also reduce stress and anxiety.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/swea...health-2018-12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are better ways to achieve those ends.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I have Occupational Tourette's...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

In fact, the average American is already dumbed-down enough and doesn't need a f*cking piece of sh^t article promoting crude Trump-like behavior. No offense intended to the "male enhanced_deficit" of an OP who posted the f*cking piece of sh^t article.
    Last edited by Indy Vidual; 12-22-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

'murika! $#@! YEAH!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I like to swear. I've always liked to do it. When I was little, my favorite word was $#@! and I used it at every opportunity. My mom would get mad but my dad would let me whisper it in his ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I knew all the swearing I've done for years was all for not.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1076928055631843330

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1076928055631843330

When my kids were little, one of the moms from scouts said one of the parents told him he could say friggin because it wasn't cursing ans she wanted to know who it was. I told her I had no $#@!ing idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    When my kids were little, one of the moms from scouts said one of the parents told him he could say friggin because it wasn't cursing ans she wanted to know who it was. I told her I had no $#@!ing idea.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Avid swearer.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows