Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump To End Unconstitutional Syria War. Washington Heads Are Exploding

"The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn I hope he doesn't cave.
    "The Patriarch"

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "The Patriarch"

"The Patriarch"

"The Patriarch"

"The Patriarch"

"The Patriarch"

I could almost see Trump being the guy to light the match on his way out the door.

If he's going down, he's not going down alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Officials: US Will End Air War in Syria After Troops Withdraw

Pentagon says strikes will continue so long as US troops are present

According to officials familiar with the situation, the announcement that the US is ending its war in Syria and withdrawing all ground troops also applies to the air war. US warplanes will stop striking Syria after the troops have left.

The Pentagon refused to confirm the decision officially, saying that they will keep conducting airstrikes so long as US troops are on the ground. After that, they said they “would not speculate.”

US warplanes have been killing a large number of civilians in recent weeks, focusing on strikes against ISIS-held towns along the Iraqi border. Those strikes have been hitting populated areas.

The Pentagon seems to be planning to continue these strikes for now, though to what end isn’t entirely clear, as it would be backing Kurdish YPG attacks on towns in the lead-up to a Turkish invasion targeting the Kurds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Yes!

Is this supposed to be a bad thing? I'd like to see a good 90% of Washington resign or retire.

Why should our foreign policy be reflexively the opposite of any certain country?

Lindsey is back to being gay again.
    “When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!”
    ― Andrew Jackson

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's hope it comes true..

"The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Officials: US Will End Air War in Syria After Troops Withdraw

Pentagon says strikes will continue so long as US troops are present

According to officials familiar with the situation, the announcement that the US is ending its war in Syria and withdrawing all ground troops also applies to the air war. US warplanes will stop striking Syria after the troops have left.

The Pentagon refused to confirm the decision officially, saying that they will keep conducting airstrikes so long as US troops are on the ground. After that, they said they “would not speculate.”

US warplanes have been killing a large number of civilians in recent weeks, focusing on strikes against ISIS-held towns along the Iraqi border. Those strikes have been hitting populated areas.

The Pentagon seems to be planning to continue these strikes for now, though to what end isn’t entirely clear, as it would be backing Kurdish YPG attacks on towns in the lead-up to a Turkish invasion targeting the Kurds.
    At this point I think they're shell shocked and just groping around like zombies on autopilot.
    "The Patriarch"

If you think it is worth fighting for, grab a gun Lindsay. Just leave the blood of my children out of it.

--This is my stock reply to all neolibs and cons. Shake the chicken hawks out of their nests.

Since when are we a "partner" or even "ally" of Syria?

We invaded. We hurt ISIS. Now we are purporting to leave.

Syria should be thankful we don't leave them an invoice on the way out.

This does, however, raise the valid concern about ISIS, Iran, or whomever, returning. That possibility pretty well underscores the reason we ought not have gone in the first place: it's a trap. If it is truly our desire and objective to see a stable, comparatively safe, dare I even say "free" Syria, then we become behooved to remain there until such time as those conditions are achieved. The trick of the trap, however, is that those people, and I mean middle easterners - semitics in general - are not likely capable of making such things happen. Call me RAYcis, homophobic, misogynistic, or whatever lefty hate-barb you care, it matters no whit to me. The history of the region is plain in the painting it depicts of either the cultural or genetic stock, or both. The ONLY way they have ever lived civilly and without mass butchery is when they have had a strong-man at the helm, a sheik, caliph, or other dictatorial figure who has preferred not to mince words. Their history is rife with it, as has been their war making. Islam is not the cause of all this, for those people we warring bastards long prior. What Islam did, however, was provide a purpose and cohesion of thought, value, and vision.

Iraq came into the twentieth century ONLY under the threats and torments of Saddam Hussein, and only kicking and screaming at that. The Shah of Iran helped bring those people into civility. The various strong men of Syria got them out of their tents and into edifice, again under threat of very bad outcomes if they did not comply. If those people were allowed their free rein, their genes or cultural memory would have them killing one another en masse in about a day's passage. That is how they are, statistically speaking. They are not like us, and therefore they cannot be left to their own devices if we want peace in the region, a goal which sounds nice as it rolls off the tongue, but doesn't track well with reason upon even the most cursory examination.

So there you have your trap as you run off on the fool's errand and it appears that Trump is getting us out of it before it is too late. Good.

Sadly, I find myself still unable to trust him very far. There remain too many wild-cards, the most important of which are his true intentions and fealties. He talks a good talk at times, and some of his actions are praiseworthy, but he has miserably failed to execute on what is perhaps the single most significant promise to the American people: draining the swamp. My friend Mike has pointed out to me that he has put X into prison to date for various crimes. Funny though, how all those have been low-rent players. I believe that America wants Clinton's head on a spike atop the Capitol dome, and I mean that pretty much literally, as well as those of Obama and the rest of the cadre. Then there was all the talk of Y-thousands of indictments "in hand", and yet... <crickets>... Then there was Assange with his big talk of devastating revelations to come. Where are they? Even Q has failed to deliver. Talk talk talk... it's coming... it's COMING! Still waiting here... HELLO?

Therefore, while I applaud the proposed exodus, my happyfuntime remains notably muted on the broader stage.

We now return to our regularly scheduled insanity.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

At this point I think they're shell shocked and just groping around like zombies on autopilot.
    After all, their cozy and very profitable apple cart is being tipped a mite. Can't have that, eh?

Cue massive wave of false flag attacks in 4... 3...

It was funny. Last night we all went to dinner and on the way in my friend Mike, whose counsel I take very seriously and who is rather a fan of Trump, made a very interesting statement when he declared that Trump has made a deep strategic error in not having crushed the "left". For two years he has been suggesting that my inability to quite trust the Donald is overly paranoid - that coming from a man who himself is pretty paranoid about dark forces at work. It appears my arguments, particularly in the things I have pointed out to him, have hit their mark.

Calling Trump a "good guy" just because he has done some notably good things is much like calling Al Capone a good guy because he donated money to good causes.

When I see the publicly televised execution of Hillary Rodham Clinton for her treason, THEN I will be nudged closer to an inclination of a broader trust, happily given. As big D works his way down the list of transgressors put to the sword, I will nudge further. Will I ever actually trust Trump? No. I would never actually trust even my good Dr. Ron Paul. Not even Thomas, with whom I have even spoken on the telephone. Why? Because POLITICS, a game so vile, so utterly foul in its ability to draw out the worst in men to sell their souls to it, no man walking and breathing merits quite my trust. But I can come close, holding but a smidge in reserve for those who prove themselves time and again.

Trump has done much to sway me in terms of the positive reality in which we have to live. He has also erred. The bumpstock thing didn't help his case in my eyes and I am not certain what possible and comparatively innocuous tradeoff he thought he might be making with his support of that policy change. But his big $#@!up so far has been the failure to absolutely destroy the left, including the Democrat Party.

Now, to be fair, I DO see a possible reason for this, and it is eminently valid: reciprocation. Once the genie is out of the bottle, good luck stuffing it back in.

Let us say Trump were to go on a massive political purge, something America needs the way "Michelle" Obama needs an enema - seriously. Great. We now have a flushed American political sector with the left in ruin, the DNC all in prison or, preferably, UNDER the jail. Hurray hurrah, right? No. For one thing, the Republicans would have to suffer the same fate before we could even begin to call things settled. McConnel, Ryan, and that whole raft of traitorous felons would have to have met their grizzly, prime-time televised fates as well.

Would that cut muster? No. Necessary, yet insufficient conditions. What else is there? Plenty. For one thing, because nature abhors vacuums, the voids would be rapidly filled with a new generation of similarly smarmy scum who would learn the tricks quickly enough and return us to our current and deplorable state within a generation, two at most, because humans.

There would have to be a very serious re-architecting of certain aspects of American governance via the black-letter Law. That is nowhere, save perhaps the handful of words I myowninsufficientself have put down on paper. Without a system that actually punishes wrong behavior, we are doomed. That is one of the few assertions I will make in which I stand 100% confident in my own opinion.

The big concern is the aforementioned reciprocation. Once Trump sets the precedent of a purge, what is to stop the "left" from doing the same to him the moment he steps out of office? Right.

So therefore the possibility may exist that Trump is actually trying not to plunge America into the New Dark Age by unleashing his wingčd monkies upon the left. He may be doing it out of love of his country, or simple self-interest in not having it done to him the moment he retires the Office. Either way, the consideration is by all means relevant and indeed valid. But is it right? That much I cannot quite accept. Once again, given the cancer that is running hog-wild across the land, I am inclined to think that the purifying flames of open warfare may in fact be the only way of cutting out the malignancy in a, dare I even use the word... "democratic" fashion. I am serious, though - this way is it us - ALL OF US - making the decision, however wildly and willy-nilly. What goes on in DC is but a reflection of what supports it. That would be us. Perhaps it is time to take that long, difficult, and very bloody and painful enema, not to mention... <GULP>... the responsibility we all bear for the current state of American political affairs. Our forebears $#@!ed up. OK, we inherited the mess, but that does not absolve us of our responsibility to correct it. To date, we have also inherited the guilt of the running window of political $#@!ing-up from said forebears with our failure to bring our affairs as a people to rights. Until we do, we are no better than those against whom we presume to complain. The choice is clear and now, speaking again in statistical terms, the avenue of choices rather narrowed. The time to have the kumbaya moment is almost certainly long past. How many antifa, BLM, and other groups of sub-rodentia do we think are going to come to the great round table, minds and hearts open? Not a one. Therefore: killing. This is the plate we have served up to us and we'd better get to the eating part before too long or there's going to be hell to pay. However distasteful open warfare may seen, it will be a cakewalk in comparison with the hell on earth that awaits us when we fail to do our sacred duty to ourselves and our worthy brethren. You'd better believe it. That's the truth of it. Take it or leave it. Resign to it. (my apologies to Nick Cash, Guy Days, Jon Watson, and Pablo LaBrittain - see video, below)

I doubt we will do it. Too "real" for most Americans, and too much work, not to mention that not many would accept the responsibility for killing another American, which is sad, given that a good raft of them actually need killing. I see no redeeming value whatsoever in the ranks of antifa. It's just not there at all. Complain and protest and whinge all you like, but when you start lighting $#@! on fire, beating old people, breaking windows, and carry on in such barbarous manner as they do, the time to clean house has arrived and I see no reason not to get started without procrastination.

The choice before us as a nation is very simple and very clear. It's also VERY unpleasant. Too $#@!ing bad. Time to grow up, or face the consequences. You may not like it, but that is the hand dealt. Play or fold. The Galaxies don't give a flea's damn what we choose, much less God, who apparently is sitting back and watching, perhaps in fascination, or mild amusement. Perhaps he just got bored with us, I cannot say I'd blame him, and left the room.

One way or the other you, and I mean every last stinking carcass, is going to choose, through positive action or through the whimpering default of the coward. Again, the Great Out There doesn't care and isn't going to help you a lick. This one's completely on all of us.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I haven't listened to Beck in a long time. Is he really speaking out against this?
    I'd not seen nor hear from Beck in an age. Saw him in some video a few weeks back. He's gone to the bottom of the pathetic-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    If you think it is worth fighting for, grab a gun Lindsay. Just leave the blood of my children out of it.

--This is my stock reply to all neolibs and cons. Shake the chicken hawks out of their nests.
    Yep, mine too. I've noticed the cowards get real quiet when I've suggested they send their kids to die in third world $#@! holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    So ...

... "Mattis [...] has [...] kept us from global war" ...

... but ...

... "Mattis rightly believes [...] that we are at war [...] across the globe" ...

LMAO. The warmonger asshats can't even get their rhetoric straight ...

Aren't you glad we have all these neocons and establishment hacks to explain and clarify these things for us?
    Great post, thanks.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"The Patriarch"

"The Patriarch"

"The Patriarch"

So now it's a 'playing field'....

"The Patriarch"

So now it's a 'playing field'....

Ben Shapiro, neocon?

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Ben Shapiro, neocon?
    That be the one.
    "The Patriarch"

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hillary Clinton slams Trump's Syria withdrawal: ‘This President is putting our national security at grave risk’

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...s-president-is
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Hillary Clinton slams Trump's Syria withdrawal: ‘This President is putting our national security at grave risk'

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...s-president-is
    I'll bet that if Trump does manage to get us out of Syria and Afghanistan, he does it without losing one of our ambassadors.

At what point do we stop blaming or crediting Trump for things that are the obvious side effects of the dollar losing global reserve/petrodollar status? Can't print up boatloads of money and export the inflation, can't be policeman of the world anymore. I know most people don't follow economic news very closely but it's quite obvious that the FRN dollar is slowly but surely being dumped by much of the world.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-23-2018 at 07:11 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    At what point do we stop blaming or crediting Trump for things that are the obvious side effects of the dollar losing global reserve/petrodollar status? Can't print up boatloads of money and export the inflation, can't be policeman of the world anymore. I know most people don't follow economic news very closely but it's quite obvious that the FRN dollar is slowly but surely being dumped by much of the world.

That's right, Trump has no say about anything and everybody that is opposing him is just putting on an act.

If that is true why has the Senate conspired to prevent him from making ANY recess appointments?
    Wouldn't he just appoint people that the other swamp creatures would approve of?

Obviously there IS a faction war going on in the ruling class and Trump's side is more in line with our goals than his enemies.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast