Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: $215,000 Raised for Border Wall in One Day via GoFundMe

Brian Kolfage, the triple-amputee military veteran who has raised more than $17 million to pay for a wall on the U.S. southern border with Mexico through a GoFundMe campaign is telling supporters on social media that he will make a “huge announcement” next week.

“You all will be very happy to see what a little hard work can achieve and how we have it pulled off,” Kolfage wrote on the GoFundMe page where 294,661 people have donated and 2,984,722 have signed a petition that Kolfage added to his campaign.
    In a series of tweets, Kolfage said the campaign is a success and that he would be making an announcement next week.

“We are funding the Wall! We Have it Done. Big Announcement Next Week!!! Donate,” Kolfage tweeted.
    “There’s nothing better than being told we can’t do something and then coming out on top. We are funding the wall, and you are about to take part in a historic moment. Next week we release our full plan,” Kolfage tweeted.
    There’s nothing better than being told we can’t do something, and then coming out on top. We are funding the wall and you are about to take part in a historic moment. Next week we release our full plan. #gofundthewall @CNN @FoxNews @BreitbartNews @gatewaypundit @TheIJR
    — Brian Kolfage (@BrianKolfage) December 27, 2018
    “Make sure to go donate and sign petition! HUGE announcement next week!!” Kolfage tweeted.
    Make sure to go donate and sign petition! HUGE announcement next week!!https://t.co/fNV1dFNWLW#GoFundTheWall @FoxNews @DeplorableChoir @IngrahamAngle @JenLawrence21 @MilGradeCoffee @d pic.twitter.com/Wiw5Ng1Gqx
    — Brian Kolfage (@BrianKolfage) December 28, 2018
    “We are building the wall! News released next week,” Kolfage tweeted.
    “Sign our petition! We are building the wall! No one knows the details yet except us, and we will release next week!” Kolfage tweeted.
    Kolfage traveled to Washington, DC, after Christmas to meet with lawmakers and other supporters.

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...pulled-it-off/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $1B goal was loft but it seems to be hitting the wall at just below $20M, which is still a lot of doe for a private fund raising.

Following news should not impact this drive but reportedly MAGA has lowered his demand for wall funding to half:

MAGA reportedly lowers Wall funding demand to half

I found a GoFundMe for TheCount

Ladders to Get Over Trump's Wall

https://www.gofundme.com/ladders-to-...trump039s-wall
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

bump. Haven't heard much lately. If you donated, probably a good time to charge-back unless you like having your money stolen by a scammer. Dude's scammer background is worse than I thought. He's probably hoping everyone forgets about it and he and model wifey walk away multi-millionaires.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ation-facebook

The 37-year-old has spent more than a decade carefully crafting his public persona as an altruistic, conservative public figure, but people who have worked with the veteran told BuzzFeed News he can be vengeful and malicious, and that the pursuit of profits above all else fueled his behavior.

The veteran has also spearheaded other crowdfunding ventures over the years, raising thousands of dollars on GoFundMe with the promise of helping mentor fellow vets at military hospitals, but spokespersons for the medical centers said they have no record of Kolfage working at their facilities or donating any money.

much more at link
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

Big changes coming - they have decided to take a new strategy and build the wall as a private non-profit entity.

In order for the donations that have already come in to count, they have to positively confirm that they want their donation to go toward the new non-profit. Otherwise the donations will be refunded.

To show the government how “We the People” can get this done, we have formed a Section 501(c)(4) non-profit Florida Corporation named “We Build the Wall, Inc.” to receive the GoFundMe contributions. Our website can be found at www.webuildthewall.us.

The following individuals serve on the on the advisory board, and construction, finance, and or audit committees, operations, administration, PR, Media and ongoing fundraising:

www.webuildthewall.us/team

Brigadier General Dr. Robert S. Spalding III

Industrialist John Daniel Moran, Jr.

Ex-Navy SEAL and businessman Erik Prince,

Former Secretary of State of Kansas Kris Kobach,

Angel Mom Mary Ann Mendoza

Law enforcement and immigration expert Sheriff David Clarke

Fox news contributor and border security expert Sara A. Carter

Former Colorado Congressman and presidential candidate Tom Tancredo

Angel Dad Steve Ronnebeck

Media consultant and journalist Jennifer Lawrence

and many others

We have made significant progress in less than a month. We have begun extensive due diligence and the commencement of feasibility studies engaging leading experts in a variety of fields necessary to construct our border wall. These professionals have provided us with critical guidance on the legal, engineering, contracting, environmental, accounting, maintenance, and real estate issues required to build a wall on the southern border.

We are already taking action on:
    -Identifying the most densely crossed areas of the border
    -Soliciting affected landowners along the Southern border
    -Studying the most feasible solutions based on terrain, barrier styles, environmental impact and efficacy
    -Ascertaining the willingness of border landowners to provide no or low-cost easements on their property for wall construction

If the Democrats won't provide the funding for what the American people voted for in 2016 then we the people will. When Americans see us completing real miles of beautiful wall, we know that we will raise the many billions we need to finally secure the entire border. I am 100% committed to secure our southern border and protect Americans.

100% of the funds raised on GoFundMe will be used in the execution of our mission and purpose. To honor the commitment, we made to our donors; all funds raised, less the processing fees and refunds, will be transferred to a special purpose account to carry out the purposes and mission of We Build the Wall, Inc. I will personally not take a penny of compensation from these donations.

When I created this fundraiser, I said if we did not reach our goal we will refund donors. I am honoring that commitment today. We will promptly refund your donation unless you tell us you approve our new plan for action.

I WANT TO BUILD THE WALL!

You MUST tell GoFundMe you still want to Build the Wall or your contribution will not be included in this historic project.

ACT NOW. CLICK HERE TO SAY YES! https://bit.ly/2SIQyBg

If you want a refund for your donation, no need to do anything. You will receive your refund a few weeks after the 90 days expires and GoFundMe will notify you once your refund has processed. If you would prefer a refund now, you can request that here: https://bit.ly/2smynWq

You can also contact GoFundMe here. You need to do this by April 10!

https://bit.ly/2D2AKnt

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    bump. Haven't heard much lately. If you donated, probably a good time to charge-back unless you like having your money stolen by a scammer. Dude's scammer background is worse than I thought. He's probably hoping everyone forgets about it and he and model wifey walk away multi-millionaires.

What a bunch of fake news nonsense.. this guy could be bad news, but this sounds like the media attacking the guy because he wants to build a wall.. Sorry, but putting Hillary's body on a prisoner's body with handcuffs isn't "fake news". It's just sensationalism.

Anyways, everybody is getting refunded from GoFundMe - unless they specifically opt-in on contributing to the new organization.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-11-2019 at 03:52 PM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.

BuzzFeed...

Seriously?...BuzzFeed?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What a bunch of fake news nonsense.. this guy could be bad news, but this sounds like the media attacking the guy because he wants to build a wall.. Sorry, but putting Hillary's body on a prisoner's body with handcuffs isn't "fake news". It's just sensationalism.

Anyways, everybody is getting refunded from GoFundMe - unless they specifically opt-in on contributing to the new organization.
    I'm not surprised you support fake news purveyors like that guy. Without fake news, how would Trump supporters continue to justify their belief that Trump is still kicking the deep state's ass? Talk about living in a fantasy world. And now he's basically saying he's going to take all of the money, stick it into a private bank account and make you ask for it back and hope you actually do get it. He'll clear about $500,000 per year in interest on the balance alone...

edit: refund correction in zips post below. guy's still a scammer.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-11-2019 at 05:38 PM.

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

On account of the whole thing being stupid, I haven't bothered looking into how this campaign actually worked, but did people actually hand over all that money to this guy already? Like it's his now to supposedly put toward a border wall somehow? Or is it just pledges? Or what?

I'm not surprised you support fake news purveyors like that guy. Without fake news, how would Trump supporters continue to justify their belief that Trump is still kicking the deep state's ass? Talk about living in a fantasy world. And now he's basically saying he's going to take all of the money, stick it into a private bank account and make you ask for it back and hope you actually do get it. He'll clear about $500,000 per year in interest on the balance alone...
    Fake news is not photo shopping a picture of Hillary in handcuffs.. that is sensationalism.

Fake news is all the bull$#@! CNN and Wapo and NYT write about Trump. They straight up lie about him, every day, for 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    On account of the whole thing being stupid, I haven't bothered looking into how this campaign actually worked, but did people actually hand over all that money to this guy already? Like it's his now to supposedly put toward a border wall somehow? Or is it just pledges? Or what?
    GoFundMe is refunding EVERYTHING to everybody - unless they opt-in on their website to funding the new organization. The new organization will also fund raise.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gofu...draiser-2019-1

GoFundMe is refunding all donations made to the 'Fund the Wall' campaign

The GoFundMe campaign that aimed to raise $1 billion for the border wall is shutting down, and the $20 million raised will be refunded to donors.

A GoFundMe spokesman, Bobby Whithorne, told INSIDER that the campaign's founder, Brian Kolfage, initially promised donors that all donations would be used to pay for a wall along the US-Mexico border, like the one President Donald Trump has proposed, if it met its $1 billion goal.

"However, that did not happen," Whithorne said. "This means all donors will receive a refund."

Kolfage, a US veteran who supports Trump, updated the campaign's page on Friday announcing the refunds. He said donors could redirect their donations to a new "501(c)(4) non-profit Florida Corporation named 'We Build the Wall, Inc.'" if they still wished for their money to be used, in one way or another, to build a wall.
    Among the group of people listed on the GoFundMe page as being involved with the nonprofit are Erik Prince, an American businessman known for founding the security firm Blackwater (he is also Education Secretary Betsy DeVos' brother), David Clarke, the former Wisconsin sheriff known for expressing controversial views on immigration, and Mary Ann Mendoza, a proponent of stricter immigration laws whose son died when his car was hit by an intoxicated driver who authorities said had been in the country illegally.
    The GoFundMe campaign went viral during the week of its creation in December. Reports soon surfaced of Kolfage's previous endeavors, which included stints running conspiracy-theory websites and a related Facebook page that was kicked off the platform in October.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bria...y-page-2018-12

Facebook said these pages worked to "mislead others about who they are, and what they are doing" and used fake accounts to drive traffic to their websites.

NBC said Kolfage's sites "frequently trafficked in conspiracy theories," including that Hillary Clinton, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, was hiding a series of deadly illnesses.

MailOnline said some headlines from another of Kolfage's sites, called FreedomDaily, included "Money-Grubbing Muslims Stole Over $16 MILLION From Needy Americans — Trump Has Perfect Punishment" and "Kaepernick Just Released His Own 'Bill of Rights' And Is Forcing Everyone In America To Follow It."

After Right Wing News was culled, Kolfage made a Facebook group called Fight4FreeSpeech to raise money to keep the sites alive, NBC reported.

He told NBC he did not mention his past on the GoFundMe page because he "didn't want it to be a distraction" from the border-wall project.

"I don't wanna mix the two," he said. "That shouldn't be the focus. My personal issues have nothing to do with building the wall."

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Thanks for the correction regarding refunds. Good to see gofundme at least taking that step.

Kolfage is quite clearly a fake news purveyor. Ex-employees are quoted in the article I posted attesting to his pressure to write nonsense and create fake pics for the pages, with it getting more ridiculous the longer it went on. In some ways I don't blame him, I guess, since he got his limbs blown off and there's not many ways to support yourself with only one working arm. Taking advantage of dumb people isn't really a good way though.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-11-2019 at 05:39 PM.

The veteran has also spearheaded other crowdfunding ventures over the years, raising thousands of dollars on GoFundMe with the promise of helping mentor fellow vets at military hospitals, but spokespersons for the medical centers said they have no record of Kolfage working at their facilities or donating any money.
    The veteran has tapped crowdfunding and his social media following to help raise money for a variety of issues and causes over the years, including his own legal fees against what he characterized as “radical left-wing extremists” who slandered him, according to 2014 court documents.

A year later, he used GoFundMe to collect $16,246 for a veteran mentorship program. The campaign closed in February 2015, and the funds went directly to Kolfage, Bobby Whithorne, a GoFundMe spokesperson, confirmed to BuzzFeed News.

In now-deleted Facebook posts, Kolfage appealed to followers to donate to “get vets back on track” and said his program worked in conjunction with military hospitals, such as Walter Reed, Brooke Army Medical Center, and Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany, which treated Kolfage in 2004 after the horrific explosion at Balad Air Base in Iraq that left him injured.

But representatives for all three medical centers told BuzzFeed News that they have no record of any peer-mentoring programs or Kolfage working with patients at their centers.

“We do not have a record of Mr. Kolfage visiting Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in any official capacity after 2012,” Gia E. Oney, chief of public affairs for Landstuhl, told BuzzFeed News. “We have no record of a donation made in his name to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center.”
    In one email to employees, Kolfage warned to “NEVER tell anyone who operates Freedomdaily. It’s a tightly guarded secret, and our LLC has a privacy veil set up to protect it. It allows us to operate without consequence where we can’t be sued or attacked by trolls.”

The more outlandish the headlines and images, the more Facebook traffic he garnered. In August 2017, more than 28 million people viewed the Freedom Daily website, generating about $300,000, said Lowery, who tracked the company’s analytics.

However, Frank Bojazi, a writer for the Right Wing News site in 2017, said in his experience the site's top editors were responsible for altering and intensifying headlines to make them “more clickbait.”
    His wife is a model.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-11-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Allegedly this is the email gofundme sent to donors.

Dear GoFundMe Customer,

As explained in update #18 on the campaign, you have 90 days to let us know if you’d like your donation to be sent to the new 501(c)(4) organization: We Build The Wall, Inc. If we do not hear from you by April 10, 2019, your donation will be automatically refunded on April 11, 2019, as the specific plan for the use of funds raised on the campaign has changed from what was originally stated.
    Gofundme is making a killing on the interest for now, it seems.

Why can't the whole thing be funded voluntarily like this?

Trump got 62.9 million votes in 2016. The cost of the wall is estimated at around $6 billion. If all of you numbskulls contributed $100 each to this inane wall of yours you'd have it. If anyone is too cheap to chip in the rest of us normal-minded people will gladly pay your share just to enjoy having you shut the $#@! up about it so we can all move on with our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray N Rothbard View Post

Trump got 62.9 million votes in 2016. The cost of the wall is estimated at around $6 billion. If all of you numbskulls contributed $100 each to this inane wall of yours you'd have it. If anyone is too cheap to chip in the rest of us normal-minded people will gladly pay your share just to enjoy having you shut the $#@! up about it so we can all move on with our lives.
    If they send it to me I will put it all in a safe account and after one year give it all in one lump sum to the wall, wouldn't that be great?
    "The Patriarch"

willie with tan lines: enjoy the shots and the woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.

In some ways I don't blame him
    Part of me doesn't either.

The people donating to him are the world's biggest idiots. And he's laughing all the way to the bank. They kind of deserve it. I'm sure this 501(c)(4) he's asking them to redirect their donations to is going to pull in a ton of money, little to none of which will be used for building a real wall, but much of which will somehow get used in ways that are beneficial for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray N Rothbard View Post
    The reason it can't is because, despite all their shouting, the people who pretend to want the wall so badly don't honestly want it badly enough to provide the amount of funds out of their own pockets that it actually will cost.

The idea is only popular when people think of it as coming at no cost to themselves. Once they have to put their money where their mouths are, they don't want it any more.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516