Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: $215,000 Raised for Border Wall in One Day via GoFundMe

$215,000 Raised for Border Wall in One Day via GoFundMe

man who set up a GoFundMe to build a wall at the Southern United States border has raised more than $215,000 in one day. “My name is Brian Kolfage, I have a verified blue check facebook page as a public figure and I’m a triple amputee veteran,” said the page’s creator.
    The page is called “We the People Will Build the Wall.”
    Kolfage explained:

Like a majority of Americans we elected President Donald J Trump to Make America Great Again. President Trump’s main campaign promise was to BUILD THE WALL. And as he’s followed through on just about every promise so far, this wall project needs to be completed still.
    As a veteran who has given so much, 3 limbs, I feel deeply invested to this nation to ensure future generations have everything we have today. Too many Americans have been murdered by illegal aliens and too many illegals are taking advantage of the United States taxpayers with no means of ever contributing to our society.
    I have grandparents who immigrated to America legally, they did it the correct way and it’s time we uphold our laws, and get this wall BUILT! It’s up to Americans to help out and pitch in to get this project rolling.
    “If the 63 million people who voted for Trump each pledge $80, we can build the wall.” That equates to roughly 5Billion Dollars, even if we get half, that’s half the wall. We can do this.
    The GoFundMe is an exercise in true populism. If the government will not give the American people what they want, then the American people will have to do it themselves. In fact, Kolfage has done more to get the wall built in 24 hours than Congress – and President Trump, for that matter – in two years.
    The maximum goal for any GoFundMe is $1 billion. Kolfage said that he is working with the company to get the limit raised so that Americans can hit their target of $5 billion.

Donations are pouring in by the minute as Americans are contributing what they can to ensure the sovereignty of their nation’s future.
    Kolfage did not immediately respond to a comment request.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/215000...-via-gofundme/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have no problem with suckers donating their own money to stupid causes.

I only object when they start donating other people's money...

So, I wish this sucker-drive well.

This could mean even if Media is not pushing fakenews and MAGA will indeed bend to Dems/Pelosi/Schumer team, he will have a backup plan. 5D chess dealmaking at its finest from art of the dealer.

MAGA bends to Dems on Wall

Coulter: Trump Will Not Finish Current Term, "joke presidency who scammed the American people"

GUTLESS PRESIDENT IN WALL-LESS COUNTRY

December 19, 2018
    If you were elected president after decades of politicians doing nothing about the millions of illegals pouring into our country every year, committing crimes, dealing drugs, driving drunk, molesting children and killing Americans like Kate Steinle, and your central campaign promise -- repeated every day -- was to build a wall, wouldn't you have spent the entirety of your transition period working on getting it done?

Wouldn't you have been building prototypes, developing relationships with key congressional allies and talking to military leaders about using the Seabees or the Army Corps of Engineers to build the wall?

Wouldn't you skip the inauguration and take the oath of office in San Diego so you could get started on supervising wall construction immediately after putting your hand on the Bible and being sworn in as the leader of the free world?

You would if you meant it.

Well, Donald Trump didn't do that.

OK, sure he could have taken the oath in D.C., gone to a few balls, then started the wall on day two of his presidency. But he didn't do that either.

Maybe I'm a literalist. A zealot. When people kept telling me to be patient -- the wall is coming! -- I nursed a private hope that I was wrong, and they were right.

It is now crystal clear that one of two things is true: Either Trump never intended to build the wall and was scamming voters all along, or he has no idea how to get it done and zero interest in finding out.

He sacrifices every opportunity to make the wall happen.

For two years, Trump pretended to believe the president of the United States needs express authorization from Congress to defend the nation's borders and blamed the Republican majority for not "funding" the wall.

In a few weeks, he'll start blaming the Democratic House.

Last week -- several whole days ago -- Trump said over and over again that he would shut down the government if he didn't get funding for the wall -- the precise thing he claims he needs. "We need border security. The wall is a part of border security," he said. "If we don't have border security, we'll shut down the government."

Trump wore the shutdown over the wall as a badge of honor: "You want to know something? OK, you want to put that on me. I'll take it. You know what I'll say? Yes, if we don't get what we want ... I will shut down the government. Absolutely."

One week later, The Drudge Report:

WALL FUNDING OFF TABLE

In other words, Trump is doing exactly what I feared he would do in the worst conceivable way. He's not building the wall, while making ridiculous promises right up until the second before he folds.

The Washington Post loves to find the one crazy, trailer park lady who supports Trump because she's had religious ecstasies about him, but most people who voted for him did so with a boatload of qualms.

His business is convincing people with lowbrow taste to give him their money.
    Coulter really crossed the line on this.

Edit to add:
    MAGA is reportedly reversing his last reported stance stance and is now determined to let gov shut down over Wall funding as of latest reports today.

Related

Poll: How much trust do you put in current President's promises and statements?

• Very high/absolute 8.89%
    • High 4.44%
    • Low 8.89%
    • Very low/none 73.33%
    • Not sure/other 4.44%

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

So, I wish this sucker-drive well.
    Maybe you should apply that logic when you want to use OPM to bomb foreign countries into submission to liberty as you define it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Avg donation 62 FRN's .
    Do something Danke

PT Barnum proven right once again.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

$850k+
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

We have funded this project since 2006 or before.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just wondering: if this wall is privately funded, will government still try to stick its oar in and try to regulate every aspect? Or does the private funding mean it will be built in a timely way without government interference?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    We have funded this project since 2006 or before.
    That's not at all surprising.

An odd question, don't think it fits in anywhere so will put it here :

Current segments of the wall, and potential future ones, will not be on the actual border, cutting off American soil from the rest of the country. Ignoring all the eminent domain issues...

What's to stop some non american walking onto US soil, but on the outer side of the wall, and giving birth to a new american citizen? Not sure how it'd be documented.. live video feed perhaps? Question came up in conversation today and I have no idea.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

What's the guy (with a blue facebook checkmark) going to do if he actually raises the one billion?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    What's the guy (with a blue facebook checkmark) going to do if he actually raises the one billion?
    In the description for his page, Kolfage, who was awarded the purple heart for his sacrifice on the battlefield, said he was inspired to launch the effort after a billionaire private donor donated more than $7 million to restore the Washington monument.
    The notion that Trump's supporters could pitch in the pay for a large portion of the wall isn't so far-fetched he explained: If every person who voted for Trump were to pitch in $83, the government could use the money to build the entire wall.
    His goal? To build the wall to stop illegal immigrants from siphoning off taxpayer resources and murdering innocent American citizens.
    Read his full description below:
    The government has accepted large private donations before, most recently a billionaire donated $7.5 Million to fund half of the Washington Monument repairs in 2012; this is no different.

Like a majority of those American citizens who voted to elect President Donald J Trump, we voted for him to Make America Great Again. President Trump’s main campaign promise was to BUILD THE WALL. And as he’s followed through on just about every promise so far, this wall project needs to be completed still.
    As a veteran who has given so much, 3 limbs, I feel deeply invested to this nation to ensure future generations have everything we have today. Too many Americans have been murdered by illegal aliens and too many illegals are taking advantage of the United States taxpayers with no means of ever contributing to our society.
    I have grandparents who immigrated to America legally, they did it the correct way and it's time we uphold our laws, and get this wall BUILT!It’s up to Americans to help out and pitch in to get this project rolling.
    “If the 63 million people who voted for Trump each pledge $80, we can build the wall.” That equates to roughly 5Billion Dollars, even if we get half, that's half the wall. We can do this.
    Democrats are going to stall this project by every means possible and play political games to ensure President Trump doesn’t get his victor. They'd rather see President Trump fail, than see America succeed. However, if we can fund a large portion of this wall, it will jumpstart things and will be less money Trump has to secure from our politicians.
    This won’t be easy, but it’s our duty as citizens. This needs to be shared every single day by each of you on social media. We can do it, and we can help President Trump make America safe again!
    Kolfage's effort will be exposed to a broader audience on Thursday, when he's set to appear on Fox pundit Laura Ingraham's show.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...llion-two-days

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That could make MAGA look bad if a regular Joe with no deal making/negotiation skills can raise this much money in a few days that MAGA as holder of most powerful political office in the world and top notch deal making skills could not in two years?

GOP base activists like Ann Coulter may want him to run for political office if he pulled this off.

Say the problem can't be solved unless he has another?

...because this will never solve the problem, because immigration isn't the problem.

Hmm....Kolfage is same guy whose FB page was shut down a couple months ago with claimed 3.5million followers (eta: seems it was later unbanned). Judging by random pics on the net of he and his model wife, they've grown quite accustomed to a high standard of living off of his notoriety and probably have some mighty large bills that came along with it. Now I'm not saying this is a scam to bring in money to continue funding that lifestyle but...

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/...00000-for-ads/
    Last edited by devil21; 12-20-2018 at 12:14 AM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All of government should be funded by go fund me contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Hmm....Kolfage is same guy whose FB page was shut down a couple months ago with claimed 3.5million followers (eta: seems it was later unbanned). Judging by random pics on the net of he and his model wife, they've grown quite accustomed to a high standard of living off of his notoriety and probably have some mighty large bills that came along with it. Now I'm not saying this is a scam to bring in money to continue funding that lifestyle but...

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/...00000-for-ads/
    Mr. Kolfage owns militarygradecoffee.com - my guess is he's doing just fine paying his own bills!
    America deserves better presidential debates in 2024, and we're making it happen ourselves at Free and Equal Elections Foundation!

https://freeandequal.org/

This is The coolest fundraiser since our MoneyBombs in my book! Donating! Thanks for posting!

(it was the border situation that helped bring me to Dr. Paul back in 2007)
    America deserves better presidential debates in 2024, and we're making it happen ourselves at Free and Equal Elections Foundation!

Will be interesting to see how long it takes to get 1 billion in donations. It appears to be over 2 million this morning. 1 billion is a long way from 2 million.

has anyone here actually sent money towards this?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

This should have been set up as a tax deductible contribution. Maybe even an investment with a return. We have hedge funds why not wall funds?

Absolutely not. This is RPF, not DTF.

Unless you are asking the neocons on this site, who believe that bigger government leads to smaller government, as they have fallen for for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakCarter View Post
    Mr. Kolfage owns militarygradecoffee.com - my guess is he's doing just fine paying his own bills!
    The sales of which relied heavily on his internet influencer status, which took a major hit from the FB banning. I can't find when his pages were reinstated but in this quickly moving internet fame environment, out-of-sight-out-of-mind for any sustained length of time can be a business death sentence.

At the very least he'll skim some decent interest off the top of the donation fund. I'll hold my breath for this to materialize into a 2000 mile wall lol.

(eta: interest earned at 2% would be a hefty $400k over a year, considering the amount raised as of 12-31-18)
    Last edited by devil21; 12-31-2018 at 11:18 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Absolutely not. This is RPF, not DTF.

Unless you are asking the neocons on this site, who believe that bigger government leads to smaller government, as they have fallen for for decades.

I donated, and I'm definitely not a neocon! ....I'm also not a hippie over 5 million donated so far!

Quote Originally Posted by ZakCarter View Post
    This is The coolest fundraiser since our MoneyBombs in my book! Donating! Thanks for posting!

(it was the border situation that helped bring me to Dr. Paul back in 2007)
    Amazing, amazing.

To hear some around here tell it, Ron Paul was an open borders kind of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    This should have been set up as a tax deductible contribution. Maybe even an investment with a return. We have hedge funds why not wall funds?
    Bill is in progress to do just that.

Tax free bonds.

Update: Vet Raises over $4 Million for Wall in Three Days; Lawmaker’s Bill to Direct Funds

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-direct-funds/

20 Dec 2018

Insiders say that Congress won’t provide the $5 billion to build a wall on the U.S. southern border, but a triple-amputee military veteran and Purple Heart recipient has raised over $4 million in three days on the crowdfunding site Go Fund Me.

Brian Kolfage started the campaign on December 16 out of frustration that the federal government is failing to secure the border.

“As a veteran who has given so much, 3 limbs, I feel deeply invested to this nation to ensure future generations have everything we have today,” Kolfage wrote on his Go Fund Me page. “Too many Americans have been murdered by illegal aliens and too many illegals are taking advantage of the United States taxpayers with no means of ever contributing to our society.”

“If the 63 million people who voted for Trump each pledge $80, we can build the wall,” Kolfage wrote on his Go Fund Me page. “That equates to roughly 5 Billion Dollars, even if we get half, that’s half the wall. We can do this.”

So far, more than 70,000 people have contributed in donations ranging from $5 to $100, with donations pouring in by the minute.

And because it is not easy to give money to the federal government that is dedicated for a specific purpose, Rep. Steven Palazzo (R-MI) introduced legislation that would direct the Treasury Department to issue government savings bonds that could be used to fund the wall.

Palazzo, vice chairman of the House Homeland Security Appropriations Subcommittee, introduced the Border Bonds for America Act of 2018 on Monday.

The bill “allows American citizens the opportunity to purchase revenue bonds to help finance the construction of a southern border wall,” the press release announcing the legislation said.

“This bill is a safe investment into the infrastructure and security of our country,” Palazzo said, adding that there is a precedent for Americans paying to ensure the nation’s security.

“During World War II, 85 million Americans purchased $185 billion in war bonds and financially supported our troops while they were defending our country,” Palazzo said. “This legislation would allow for the patriots of today’s era to help support American security in the same way as previous generations.”

“The American people are fed up with the political games fueled by the Democrats’ inaction to secure our borders and protect our citizens,” Palazzo said. “In November of 2016, Americans voted for better border security and as vice chairman of the Homeland Security Appropriations Subcommittee, I believe this legislation allows new alternatives for our citizens to support their values and defend our homeland.”

The press release announcing the bill “directs the Secretary of the Treasury to issue government savings bonds, known as ‘Border Bonds,’ specifically for the construction of a physical barrier on the United States border with Mexico, as well as related technology, and improved infrastructure.”

This bill, if it becomes law, would also establish the “Border Bonds Trust Fund” in the U.S. Treasury.

Kolfage said he is also looking into other options for making sure the money goes to wall construction.

“We are working with a law firm on a legal document that will bind the government to using the funds for the border wall itself, nothing else,” Kolfage wrote on his Go Fund Me page.

Kolfage also shares his website, brianKolfage.com, which tells the story of what he and his wife and children have been through as a military family.

“I’ve been on Fox News many times, you can see I’m credible and a real person,” Kolfage wrote. “The Gary Sinise Foundation also built me and my family a home.”

“Let’s get this wall built! Kolfage wrote. “And make America Safe Again!”

I'm on the fence.

I'm leaning towards sending them a Benjamin.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm on the fence.

I'm leaning towards sending them a Benjamin.
    I might. The libertarian in me hates a fence. The pragmatic me hates the unfettered welfare draw. And the libertarian in me also likes the self-funding.

If we do a wall, we can do roads!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast