Thread: Trump's AG nominee supported gun control!

Thumbs down Trump's AG nominee supported gun control!

Did you know that Trump's Attorney General nominee William Barr once supported a Magazine Ban and Gun Registration?

"I would prefer a limitation on the clip size. But ultimately, I would recommend the President sign a bill that had the Brady waiting period and the DeConcini assault weapons provisions in it."

-- Barr Confirmation Hearing Day 1 Nov. 12th, 1991.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You don't say
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Trumps admin. is a revolving door. Barr will probably be out in a years time. Lol.

New Attorney General Nominee William Barr’s Record on Guns Revealed

Dec 08, 2018

President Trump said yesterday that he intends to nominate William Barr as Sessions’ replacement. The choice has been greeted by applause from both Democrats and Republicans. Barr is a Bush 41 retread, having served as Assistant Attorney General, Deputy Attorney General, and finally as Attorney General. BATFE was under the Department of Treasury during Bush 41’s term and the Department of Justice had only limited authority over firearms.

Barr has said little about firearms or gun control during his career, but he is widely considered to be the author of PL 101-647, The Crime Control Act of 1990.

The Crime Control Act of 1990 had a number of firearms provisions. The Gun Free School Zone Act is the biggie, but probably the work of Senator Herb Kohl of Wisconsin – not Barr. The GFSZA’s strange rules set the context for MGO v. AAPS, despite SCOTUS finding much of it unconstitutional in Lopez.

The ban on domestic assembly of semiautomatic rifles prohibited from importation is Barr’s big aggravation in The Crime Control Act of 1990. This was a follow on to Bush 41’s 1989 prohibition of ‘unsporting’ long arms importation. Other provisions:

– Increased prison sentences for SBRs, SBSs, and destructive devices to 10 years.
    – Barred firearms transfers to non-residents of the USA
    – Banned firearms in federal court facilities
    – Cleaned up bad grammar in previous gun control statutes.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...guns-revealed/

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Trumps admin. is a revolving door. Barr will probably be out in a years time. Lol.
    I don't know, this one sounds like he might be a keeper.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

Did you know that Trump's Attorney General nominee William Barr once supported a Magazine Ban and Gun Registration?

"I would prefer a limitation on the clip size. But ultimately, I would recommend the President sign a bill that had the Brady waiting period and the DeConcini assault weapons provisions in it."

-- Barr Confirmation Hearing Day 1 Nov. 12th, 1991.
    Oh dear!

Oh deary me!

Is that so?

You don't say!

And does her husband have any idea yet?

Outrageous!

The scandal!

My pearls!

Trump's AG nominee supported gun control!
    So did (does ?) Trump.

(Birds of a feather, and all that ...)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    So did (does ?) Trump.

(Birds of a feather, and all that ...)
    Picture my unsurprised face.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Trump/Poppy Bush New World Order, coming into view

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Barr is a Bush 41 retread, having served as Assistant Attorney General, Deputy Attorney General, and finally as Attorney General. BATFE was under the Department of Treasury during Bush 41’s term and the Department of Justice had only limited authority over firearms.

Barr has said little about firearms or gun control during his career, but he is widely considered to be the author of PL 101-647, The Crime Control Act of 1990.

The Crime Control Act of 1990 had a number of firearms provisions. The Gun Free School Zone Act is the biggie, but probably the work of Senator Herb Kohl of Wisconsin – not Barr. The GFSZA’s strange rules set the context for MGO v. AAPS, despite SCOTUS finding much of it unconstitutional in Lopez.

The ban on domestic assembly of semiautomatic rifles prohibited from importation is Barr’s big aggravation in The Crime Control Act of 1990. This was a follow on to Bush 41’s 1989 prohibition of ‘unsporting’ long arms importation. Other provisions:

– Increased prison sentences for SBRs, SBSs, and destructive devices to 10 years.
    – Barred firearms transfers to non-residents of the USA
    – Banned firearms in federal court facilities
    – Cleaned up bad grammar in previous gun control statutes.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...guns-revealed/
    Poppy Bush's New World Order is finally coming into view. Bumma.

And President Trump is making it happen.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

I was told that his replacement would be better than Sessions and that he would prosecute Clinton.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I was told that his replacement would be better than Sessions and that he would prosecute Clinton.
    Sessions, Bannon were good for winning eection but were too inflexible on issues like DACA and did not align with MAGA's bipartisan inner circle and top funders. They were no longer a good fit in the bipartisan governance model and has to go. Same was case for Roy Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    They were no longer a good fit in the bipartisan governance model and has to go. Same was case for Roy Moore.
    Roy Moore dealt with his scandal idiotically, apparently foolishly following advice from one Steven K. Bannon.

We all wish he had won, but I don't think you can pin his loss on some elaborate (and incomprehensible) plan for sabotage from one Donald J. Trump. Just my opinion.

All he needed to say was "yeah, I was shopping for a good, young Christian virgin to marry. What of it? What's the problem?" Everyone in Alabama would have been like "Uhh, yeah. Wait. Hold up. What is the problem with that again? I got lost there for a few days in the propo blitz." Instead, he was like, "I do not recall.... blah, blah, bla-bla-blah." I just don't recall, sorry. I can't remember any of this at all.

Yeah. Right. Even Hannity on his own show (which is where the infamous interview took place) couldn't spin that to make it like sound anything but ridiculous dishonest nonsense.