Thread: Rand Paul ‘disturbed’ by attorney general nominee’s views

Rand Paul ‘disturbed’ by attorney general nominee’s views

Rand Paul ‘disturbed’ by attorney general nominee’s views

By MARTIN MATISHAK
    12/09/2018

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Sunday said he hasn't decided whether to support President Donald Trump's pick to be the next attorney general because of concerns about privacy issues.

Speaking on NBC's "Meet the Press," Paul said that he's concerned William Barr, who previously held the attorney general post from 1991 to 1993, "has been a big supporter of the Patriot Act, which lowered the standard for spying on Americans, and he even went so far as to say the Patriot Act was pretty good — we should go much further."

He also alleged Barr is a "big fan" of seizing people’s property through civil asset forfeiture.

"I haven't made a decision about him, but I can‘t tell you — the first things I've learned about him being for more surveillance of Americans is very, very troubling," Paul said.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...l-barr-1053488

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unfortunately, Rand somewhat painted himself into a corner when he supported Obama appointees (Kerry, Hagel, etc.) with the idea that POTUS should be able to choose their own political appointees.

But if bad enough, like Brennan, he did vote against nomination.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Unfortunately, Rand somewhat painted himself into a corner when he supported Obama appointees (Kerry, Hagel, etc.) with the idea that POTUS should be able to choose their own political appointees.

But if bad enough, like Brennan, he did vote against nomination.

He really only voted against Brennan because he had too after filibustering the drone thing.

Hypocrisy at worst, ideological inconsistency at best.

Kavanaugh not only supported the PATRIOT ACT but helped write it.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Oh, and not to beat a dead horse, but it is this sort of thing that caused him to do worse in Iowa than Ron did in 08.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst