View Poll Results: Are We In A Recession Already?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it has already started

11 64.71%
  • No, it has not started yet, but it will crash soon

3 17.65%
  • No, we are doing good

2 11.76%
  • No, it will never happen with Trump in Office

1 5.88%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are We In A Recession Already?

Since this poll is far one way I went ahead and voted never under trump . LOL
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This reminds of the poll where people said Republicans would GAIN seats in the mid term The answer to "Are we in a recession?" is no. It isn't really even debatable. We might be by 2020. But geez. No. We are not in a recession. We are close to the top of the cycle though. and might start rolling over soon.

"Currently (last updated December 6, 2018, using data through November), this "Yield Curve" model shows a 15.7683% probability of a recession in the United States 12 months ahead."
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/4227461-probability-u-s-recession-december-2018
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 12-11-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Yes. Please see Rothbard's explanation of recession/depression in "Man, Economy, And State" for a detailed explanation why.
    I am going to pass on reading it. But did he just make up definitions? Is that why you answered "yes".

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I am going to pass on reading it. But did he just make up definitions? Is that why you answered "yes".
    No he didn't. He pointed out how modern economists had made up definitions. I answered "yes" because of what I know about Business Cycle Theory and my reading of Hayek on recessions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yield curve recently fllipped; traditionally, this precedes a recession by 18-38 months, with an average of 28 months to a recession, after this occurs.

It's not a perfect predictor, but it's been generally accurate.

So ten to err on the side of "probably in another 2 years"

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Dont try to put this on me. You define everything however you want. One thing is for sure, however you define recession, I will be sure to not define it the same way. You have blown every ounce of trust I have in anything that comes out of your mouth or keyboard.

Joke: How do you know if Zippy is lying? There are words on your screen.
    Just trying to learn why you consider us to be in a recession. By the definition economist use, we are not in recession. If not being in a recession means everybody has a good paying job we are in terminal, never ending recessions. (the term "recession" did not even exist until after the Great Depression to distinguish deep declines in the economy from smaller ones).

https://www.business-case-analysis.c...ess-cycle.html

What is a Recession?
    In the United States, economists define a recession as two consecutive quarters of decline in the GDP. The National Bureau of Economic Research (NEBR) provides this definition, but it is not, however, the only definition in use. An alternate interpretation even appears within the NEBR, from its Business Cycle Dating Committee. This committee reviews several economic indicators, including employment, real income, retail sales, and other factors. As a result, It defines a recession as the timespan between the peak and a trough in the above chart.

The term recession did not appear until the time of the Great Depression of 1929-33. Before that, the term depression could refer to any decrease in economic output. "Recession" was coined at this time to distinguish between the severe conditions of the early 1930s, on the one hand, and less severe economic downturns, on the other hand, such as those occurring in 1910 and 1913.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-12-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Just trying to learn why you consider us to be in a recession. By the definition economist use, we are not in recession. If not being in a recession means everybody has a good paying job we are in terminal, never ending recessions. (the term "recession" did not even exist until after the Great Depression to distinguish deep declines in the economy from smaller ones).

https://www.business-case-analysis.c...ess-cycle.html
    Horse$#@!. Youre trying to start fights by having people subjectively interpret everything their own way so that you can turn right back around and say "by your definition there is no recession". Tell me, Zippy, how do you define "Troll"?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Back out the government debt increases the past ten years, what happens to GDP?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123