Thread: Thomas Jefferson would call Donald Trump an American Hero for ending career politics

Thomas Jefferson would call Donald Trump an American Hero for ending career politics

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I didn't click the link since I wasn't sure if it was some malware site or something.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I didn't click the link since I wasn't sure if it was some malware site or something.
    Looks like a static site from 1996.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

ROTFLMAO!

I'm not sure which is more ridiculous, the idea that Jefferson would call Trump a hero for any reason, or the idea that Trump has actually ended career politics.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    ROTFLMAO!

I'm not sure which is more ridiculous, the idea that Jefferson would call Trump a hero for any reason, or the idea that Trump has actually ended career politics.
    Exactly.

But, as you know, everything's theatre, so let the games continue.
    There is no spoon.

ROTFLMAO!

You are so short sighted! People who are not politicians will be inspired to run for President in future elections.

Willing to bet the next 5 presidents after Trump will all be politicians.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Willing to bet the next 5 presidents after Trump will all be politicians.
    A lot of celebrities have considered running for President after Donald Trump won.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    A lot of celebrities have considered running for President after Donald Trump won.
    Oh joy!! Can we just get this guy and call it a day?

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Considering the opinions most celebs hold wrt politics and liberty, this is a good thing?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Oh joy!! Can we just get this guy and call it a day?

MEGA-MAGA baby!
    Chris

Most celebrities don't exactly understand the principles of liberty.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

That's such great news.

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Reagan was a bigger celeb than Trump ever was- just didn't tweet about himself continually.
    There is no spoon.

President Trump’s Cabinet
    Administrator of the Small Business Administration Linda E. McMahon - Republican Senate nominee (twice)
    Director of National Intelligence Daniel Coats - Career politician
    Director of the Central Intelligence Agency Gina Haspel - non-politician (Career CIA)
    Director of the Office of Management and Budget Mick Mulvaney - Career politician
    Representative of the United States to the United Nations Nikki R. Haley - Career politician
    Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue - Career politician
    Secretary of Commerce Wilbur L. Ross, Jr. - non-politician (Rothschild banker)
    Secretary of Defense James Mattis - non-politician (Career military)
    Secretary of Education Elisabeth Prince DeVos - Career political donor & State Republican party chairman
    Secretary of Energy James Richard Perry - Career politician
    Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar - Political lawyer / lobbyist
    Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen - Career politician
    Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Benjamin S. Carson, Sr. - Quit neurosurgery to make more money in politics
    Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke - Career politician
    Secretary of Labor Alexander Acosta - Career politician
    Secretary of State Mike Pompeo - Career politician
    Secretary of Transportation Elaine L. Chao - Career politician
    Secretary of the Treasury Steven T. Mnuchin - non-politician (Goldman Sachs banker)
    Secretary of Veterans Affairs Robert Wilkie - Career politician
    U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer - Mixed lawyer / politics (Reagan, Dole)
    Vice President Michael R. Pence - Career politician
    White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly - non-politician (Career military)

22.7% non-career politics (Military, CIA, bankers)
    9% non-career government (2 bankers)

Sounds legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Reagan was a bigger celeb than Trump ever was- just didn't tweet about himself continually.
    There was no Twitter then.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post

Even had there been Twitter back then Reagan, for all his many, many faults, had far too much class than to engage in the kind of grade school shenannigans that Trump has become infamous for.
    Chris

ROTFLMAO!

i agree. hacks in both big and bigly parties are still thriving, even as stocks tank...

Why not Vince Vaughn as President? Or Kurt Russel? Or Drew Kerry? Keneau Reeves?

Why not Vince Vaughn as President? Or Kurt Russel? Or Drew Kerry? Keneau Reeves?

Or Kim Kardashian? Or Justin Bieber? Or Alec Baldwin? Or Rossie O'Donnell? The possibilities boggle the mind.
    Chris

Or Kim Kardashian? Or Justin Bieber? Or Alec Baldwin? Or Rossie O'Donnell? The possibilities boggle the mind.
    Much better than what we had with career politicians.

At least Keanu is a good person- better than most choices out there.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Thank you, Captain Obvious.
    There is no spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mike Rowe for President.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Mike Rowe for President.
    It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq