Thread: Californians Cited and Fined for Recycling Wrong

Exclamation Californians Cited and Fined for Recycling Wrong

Californians Cited and Fined for Recycling Wrong

https://www.breitbart.com/environmen...cycling-wrong/

5 Dec 2018

California’s Bay Area is facing a recycling crisis, as China ramps up requirements for recycled materials.

Recycling the wrong items can get you a fine of $26.60 in West Contra Costa County. In Marin County, Mill Valley Refuse Service will simply refuse to take your recyclable waste until it has been properly sorted. Eventually, residents can be charged with the cost of dumping the waste in a landfill.

“We’re hoping that people will see what they did wrong and clean it out, then pick up the cart the next week,” Mill Valley Refuse co-owner Jim Iavarone said.

But the problem lies not with the waste management companies, or even the centers to which they ship their recyclable materials. In fact, it starts on the other side of the world. “Before now, China was taking everything and now they’re saying, ‘Hey we’re not taking this stuff anymore so the processing plants got stuck with it,” Iavarone said. He elaborated:

[Then] the processors turned to the haulers and said ‘hey we’re not taking this stuff anymore’ so then the haulers got stuck. Now we have to turn to the consumer or resident at the street level and say, ‘OK we can’t take this stuff anymore either,’ so you have to do more sorting at home. It starts at home.

“Many people put questionable things in the cart hoping that somebody will deal with it down the line,” Iavarone continued. “In the past, it went unnoticed because China was buying it. So we became very lax. No longer. Now we have to deal with it.”

It is a difficult problem to address, because the guidelines themselves are not entirely clear. “Even the people who are willing to go to the trouble of sorting their stuff are still confused as to what actually is recyclable and what isn’t,” Iavarone said. “They were used to throwing everything in the bin and they want to do the right thing, but now a lot of what they were doing can’t be done any more.”

With no easy answers in sight, the only alternative at this point is to be especially diligent with sorting your recycling bin. In order to help, Mill Valley Refuse Service has put a helpful guide on their site about which items are and are not recyclable.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The solution is to not recycle at all, although I'm sure there are penalties for that too.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    The solution is to not recycle at all, although I'm sure there are penalties for that too.
    I sure don't...be a cold day in hell before I start rooting around in my trash every day like a rabid raccoon, for nothing.

Yes, nothing.

With the exceptions of glass, steel and aluminum, recycling of anything else is net energy loss.

They are just testing your obedience to Stupid Orders, not sensible ones.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

You know how California is supposed to end up breaking from the mainland eventually due to earthquakes? Lets hope that happens soon.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Californians should all pay the 26.00 fine . It is unfair to single out the lazy Californians who did not properly sort those all important earth saving recyclable dirty paper plates and nappies .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    I used to recycle beer cans when I still worked .Now that I am retired I buy better beer in a bottle and just dump those at the land fill.
    Do something Danke

Even Trump couldn’t come up with a Tash Tariff.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If recycling isn't a scam, why are we charged for having it taken away? If the recycled items have value, shouldn't we get paid for them instead?