Thread: Utah Joins More Than 30 States That Have Legalized Medical Marijuana

Thumbs up Utah Joins More Than 30 States That Have Legalized Medical Marijuana

Utah is joining more than 30 other states in legalizing medical marijuana after the governor signed a measure into law on Monday.
    Governor Gary Herbert (R) signed the Utah Medical Cannabis Act into law after state legislators made changes to a pro-medical marijuana bill that voters approved by ballot last month.
    While the initial bill allowed edibles and permitted people to grow their own marijuana, the revised bill scrapped those two provisions. It also reduced the list of eligible medical conditions that can use the medicinal drug.
    I just signed the Utah Medical Cannabis Act into law. Utah now has the best-designed medical cannabis program in the country. #utpolpic.twitter.com/0yUEZ77sFV
    — Gov. Gary Herbert (@GovHerbert) December 4, 2018
    The act has been criticized for making it too hard for patients to obtain the drug. It permits only seven so-called cannabis “pharmacies.” Smoking marijuana is also not allowed, with the drug instead required to be in a tablet or capsule, an oil, topical lotion or a gelatinous cube.
    Connor Boyack, a leader of the pro-medical marijuana group, Utah Patients Coalition, praised legislators for passing the act, though said he wishes the initial Proposition 2 measure hadn’t been changed.
    “I operate from reality and not fantasy,” he told NPR, adding he wasn’t surprised that it was amended, even after public appeals during a recent hearing.
    “The Legislature has the full authority to repeal an entire ballot initiative if they wanted to. That’s kind of why we entered into these negotiations in anticipation of their trying to gut what we had done in Proposition 2,” he said.

The influential Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, whose followers make up the state majority, expressed support of the legalization in October after initial opposition over concerns that it could lead to widespread marijuana use.
    Missouri has also passed a measure that legalizes marijuana for medical purposes. Michigan this week became the first state in the Midwest to allow recreational use and 10th state in the nation to allow marijuana for more than just medical purposes following a vote last month. Voters in North Dakota rejected a measure that would have legalized recreational marijuana.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/utah-join...184042232.html

I know it's not enough but it is an improvement and it crosses the initial threshold.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Things might change in future if MAGA's top funder's money got more "like minded" lawmakers elected in coming elections. He's got deep pockets:

Sheldon Adelson Behind 85% of Florida’s Anti-Medical Marijuana Campaign
    Do you ever post about anything without trying to relate it to Trump or Israel?

Not all of your positions are wrong but obsession isn't good for you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Well it's relevant. I can try to spin this and make it about Hillary or some trivial matter but that can become fakenews discussion.
    "Follow the money" is a true and tested principle in dissecting non-fakenews/fakenews dramas of politicians and their political slave masters going back decades.
    Instead of copy pasting tons of dealines from non-fakewnews websites, why don't you try to explian why a top rated anti-liberty neocon is funding MAGA and what will be longterm impact on Americans' liberties and national debt/wars spending/police state/cannabis etc?

There are tons of dicussions about Obama, Hillary, ADL, Jarvanka, Kardashion etc also, MAGA's top funder is more relevant currently because of Freedom Medal scandal and Iran war threats/neocons bonanza at WH recently.

Well it's relevant. I can try to spin this and make it about Hillary or some trivial matter but that can become fakenews discussion. "Follow the money" is a true and tested principle in dissecting non-fakenews/fakenews drama of politicians and their political slave masters going back decades. Instead of copy pasting tons of dealines from non-fakewnews websites, why don't you try to explian why a top rate anti-liberty neocon is funding MAGA and what will be longterm impact on Americans' libertes?

There are tons of dicussions about Obama, Hillary, ADL, Jarvanka, Kardashion etc also, MAGA's top funder is more relevant currently because of Freedom Medal scandal and Iran war threats/neocons bonanza at WH recently.
    Trump's connections are well known and they aren't always indicative of his actions, he has been quite positive about legalizing weed.

Trump Administration Seeks Public Comments On Marijuana Reclassification

I didn't say that this particular post wasn't relevant (although you do post irrelevant posts sometimes) I just inquired as to the reason that you always relate everything to Trump or Israel.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

...High Mormons? Someone get a documentary crew down there, stat.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

It's hard to call it an improvement if you can't smoke it. Though I get that it still is an improvement, nonetheless.

I would love to move to beautiful Utah, the best sound money state in the Union (gold/silver are legal tender there). But it is still an anti-marijuana locale and that is a heavy negative.

There are tons of other drivers and views about issues, you must be reading only those posts that are relatable to foreign policy/wars spending/debt/Iraqi freedom/police state/lobbies buying politicians etc. When Obama was spreading freedon in Syria, some had claimed there are too many threads about Obama. When Hillary was handling Benghazi and mideast interventions, some complained there are too many discussions about Hillary. Israel is treated as sacred cow by almost all politicians and much of media (with the exception of Foxnews that has superficial support often and at times anti-Israel that is seen by some as "anti-semitic"). But that's a different discussion.

To answer part of your question, which foreign country's lobbies spend the most money to buy US politicians and encourage wars that hurt America's interests and liberties?
    Of the zillions of threads you post everday, howcome none of them discuss where the money is coming from fuunding all the politicians call for wars/sanctions/interventions abroad? Is funding of Trump, Bolton, Haley etc by war hungry America Firster neocons taboo topics for you or do not interest you?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are tons of other drivers and views about issues, you must be reading only those posts that are relatable to foreign policy/wars spending/debt/Iraqi freedom/police state/lobbies buying politicians etc. When Obama was spreading freedon in Syria, some had claimed there are too many threads about Obama. When Hillary was handling Benghazi and mideast interventions, some complained there are too many discussions about Hillary. Israel is treated as sacred cow by almost all politicians and much of media (with the exception of Foxnews that has superficial support often and at times anti-Israel that is seen by some as "anti-semitic"). But that's a different discussion.

To answer part of your question, which foreign country's lobbies spend the most money to buy US politicians and encourage wars that hurt America's interests and liberties?
    Of the zillions of threads you post everday, howcome none of them discuss where the money is coming from fuunding all the politicians call for wars/sanctions/interventions abroad? Is funding of Trump, Bolton, Haley etc by war hungry America Firster neocons taboo topics for you or do not interest you?
    I DO post about them when I find stories that involve them or when I comment on threads about them.

Chomsky Admits "Israeli Intervention In US Elections Overwhelms Anything Russia Has Done"

Started by Swordsmyth, 08-03-2018

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment