Thread: Dems have hard time connecting to voters because they know so much: Hirono

Dems have hard time connecting to voters because they know so much: Hirono

Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, on Tuesday told a conference that she heard one of the reasons that her party has a difficult time connecting with voters is because Democrats know so much, and have a tendency of appealing to voters' minds instead of their hearts.

Hirono made the comment at a conference in Washington, D.C. She was asked by the moderator about ways Democrats could drive voter turnout.

"I wish I had the answer to that because one of the things that we, Democrats, have a really hard time is connecting to people’s hearts instead of [their heads]," Hirono said. "We’re really good at shoving out all the information that touch people here [pointing to her head] but not here [pointing to her heart]."

irono, 71, said Democrats need to stop speaking in a way that comes off as manipulative or strokes fear and resentment.

“But we have a really hard time doing that and one of the reasons-- it was told to me at one of our retreats-- was that we Democrats know so much, that is true. And we have kind of have to tell everyone how smart we are and so we have a tendency to be very left brain," she continued.

The left-hand side of the brain is often associated with analytical thought.

-of-how-shttps://www.foxnews.com/politics/democratic-senator-says-party-has-hard-time-connecting-with-voters-becausemart-they-are
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/sta...87030925746176

Last edited by Danke; 12-05-2018 at 01:16 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Orange man bad.

In what universe?
    "The Patriarch"

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

In what universe?
    Its true though:

Democrats need to stop speaking in a way that comes off as manipulative or strokes fear and resentment.
    That’s the Democrats entire strategy, how can they give that up? And I hate to break it to Crazy Mazie, but that is a strategy of emotion, not logic.

Either Mazie is delusional, or she is just an example of the standard Orwellian Marxism. (I.e. “up is down”, “left is right”, “war is peace”, “freedom is slavery”, etc.)
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "It ain't what we don't know that hurts us, it's what we 'know' that ain't so."--Will Rogers (Democrat)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

More effective to scare people. Immigrant! Terrorists!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    That's just Republicans trying to share a little fear among people not smart enough to scream with trepidation when they hear, 'We're from the government and we're here to help.'

Global warming Climate change! Racism!

Yes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fjEYV16.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	6248
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Good points from the good Senator.

"Republicans are racist, sexist, homophobic racists who support rape and want the poor to starve" are such strong intellectual arguments. *Pointing at my head*

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

White people! Libertarians!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    White people! Libertarians!
    Trump!!! Sexism!!! Trump!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Here is one of those intellectual arguments from a genius Democratic Senator. I think she means to say the future will be poorer and less free. And the future will be even more feminized and justice will be determined based on some Marxist theory that classifies people into victim groups. Great. Sign me up.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks Hawaii . All those people on an island and you elect her .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    LOL. Just one day after I posted that came a tweet wherein AOC delivers the two-fer (h/t timosman).

Presumably, if you are opposed to her "New Green Deal" then you are opposed to "racial justice" ...

The problem, of course, is that without all those ten-dollar words acting as camouflage, all that's left is barenaked horse$#!+.

Orange man bad.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge