Thread: Urge your representatives to Get US Out! of NAFTA & USMCA (clean thread)

Urge your representatives to Get US Out! of NAFTA & USMCA (clean thread)

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday he will give formal notice to the U.S. Congress in the near future to terminate the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), giving six months for lawmakers to approve a new trade deal signed on Friday."I will be formally terminating NAFTA shortly," Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One on his way home from Argentina.
    "Just so you understand, when I do that - if for any reason we're unable to make a deal because of Congress then Congress will have a choice" of the new deal or returning to trade rules from before 1994 when NAFTA took effect, he said.
    Trump said the trade rules before NAFTA "work very well."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-not...--finance.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

@Brian4Liberty and any other mods

Please keep this activism thread clean of the derailment trolls.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I inserted USMCA into the message body because you have to clearly spell it out for them:

https://www.votervoice.net/mobile/JB.../58679/respond

Fortunately, USMCA is not yet a done deal. Senator Pat Toomey (R-Penn.) has informed Trump that the votes to pass USMCA are not yet there, as opposition remains from members of both parties. Senator Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), told CNN, “The president needs to talk to Congress on this and we can get back to the table with the Mexicans and the Canadians and do stronger labor standards.”

Another Democrat, Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon, asked, “If this deal is so great, why is he already resorting to threats to try and ram this through Congress?”

Senator Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) has expressed his own concerns, tweeting that the deal was “unacceptable,” because he contends it would kill the Florida vegetable market.

William F. Jasper, senior editor of The New American, has said that it is unlikely that Trump has actually read the USMCA deal (it's an extremely long document — more than 1,800 pages!), and that he is just going by what his advisors have told him is in the agreement. This means, of course, that the president himself, who ran for president on an "America First" agenda, could have second thoughts about the agreement when he finds out more about what is actually in it.

Americans who value their nation’s independence need to address this issue with their members of the House and Senate, right now. And, while they are at it, members of Congress should be asked just why such a far-reaching agreement is not a treaty. Under the Constitution, a treaty must be approved by not just a majority of the Senate, but by two-thirds of the Senate, before it can be considered law in the United States. And, any treaty must be in accordance with the Constitution itself, before it is legally binding.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/world...t-scuttle-both

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I heard Roger Stone yesterday screaming at Trump to fix or nix this deal. Said Trump (we) are getting railroaded by his "advisors" and that USMCA will codify censorship, destroy free speech, and increase government. Many parts were written by Apple/Google.

We dodged the GDPR bullet when Trump killed TPP but it has boomeranged right back and Trump is probably oblivious. Or worse...

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    I heard Roger Stone yesterday screaming at Trump to fix or nix this deal. Said Trump (we) are getting railroaded by his "advisors" and that USMCA will codify censorship, destroy free speech, and increase government. Many parts were written by Apple/Google.

We dodged the GDPR bullet when Trump killed TPP but it has boomeranged right back and Trump is probably oblivious. Or worse...
    Does it matter which?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I missed out on the dick pills , they any good ?