Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord of the Forums/RPF's thoughts

Lord of the Forums/RPF's thoughts

I liked the books and the movies. For those who never got into the books, there are differences. Anyway, after reading that LOTR is racist thread I got to thinking about the books and started thinking about which character I would be.

I also got to thinking about what character some posters here would be. I see a lot of Boromirs and a few Wormtongues, too

Who do you think you are in LOTR?

I think I'm closest to Galadriel. I can block my mind off to the influence of others (just ask my teachers) and I know I couldn't handle the One Ring.

Ron Paul is a hobbit - a ring bearer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nobody likes Orcs .There are reasons for that .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Nobody likes Orcs .There are reasons for that .
    I think it's racism.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I think it's racism.
    No matter what color or race they would not be liked . Well , Danke might want to keep one for a pet ......
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-04-2018 at 12:01 PM.
    Do something Danke

I think oyarde might be Bilbo.

Naw, Elrond.
    "The Patriarch"

Naw, Elrond.
    I see oyarde more like this...

and I bet he enjoys a good pipe. He also seems to eat a lot.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh $#@!, I might be Pippin Took.

Legolas.

Obviously.
    There is no spoon.

Radagast.
    Nope. I see you as more of an elf.

Haldir

The resemblance is uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Legolas.

Obviously.

I think tod evans and phil4paul are rangers.

Naw, Elrond.
    Osan is Elrond.

Osan is Elrond.
    Lol, you have it all figured out, why don't you just tell us all who we are?
    "The Patriarch"

Lol, you have it all figured out, why don't you just tell us all who we are?
    No one's really playing my Lord of the Forums game so I have to label everyone. I've been rethinking you - maybe a Gandalf.

I think Swordsmith is a Boromir.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No one's really playing my Lord of the Forums game so I have to label everyone. I've been rethinking you - maybe a Gandalf.

How many Gandalf's are there? Let us know when you've figured it all out.
    "The Patriarch"

AF is Gimli son of Gloin

He has some pretty good quotes " I wish I was home in my nice hole by the fire " . I remember thinking something similar when I was in the Army , freezing , with no reprieve in sight . " Books ought to have good endings " , a view I share . " Not all those who wander are lost " . I spent a lot of time wandering , looking for things of value , knowing I was so close and was not lost yet hoped I appeared to be just a harmless , lost stranger to anyone who might be watching . You do not really want anyone to know when you score a gold nugget
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-04-2018 at 04:30 PM.
    Do something Danke

I I know I couldn't handle the One Ring.

Don't feel bad, none of us could. Some could bear it for longer, but power corrupts everyone eventually. That is one of the main lessons of the story.

As for who I am? I like to imagine myself more as Treebeard these days.

"We might do some things together. I don't know about sides. I go my own way; but your way may go along with mine for a while"

"Wizards are always troubled about the future. I do not like worrying about the future. I am not altogether on anybody's side , because nobody is altogether on my side, if you understand me.'"

I liked the books and the movies. For those who never got into the books, there are differences. Anyway, after reading that LOTR is racist thread I got to thinking about the books and started thinking about which character I would be.

I also got to thinking about what character some posters here would be. I see a lot of Boromirs and a few Wormtongues, too

Who do you think you are in LOTR?

I think I'm closest to Galadriel. I can block my mind off to the influence of others (just ask my teachers) and I know I couldn't handle the One Ring.

What about Zip ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What about Zip ?
    I dunno. Maybe Wormtongue?

Or Gollum?

These guys are LOTR fans...

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm more like Sam.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Don't feel bad, none of us could. Some could bear it for longer, but power corrupts everyone eventually. That is one of the main lessons of the story.

As for who I am? I like to imagine myself more as Treebeard these days.

You are more like Old Man Willow.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Never read the books, never saw the movies...

I guess I ought to one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Never read the books, never saw the movies...

I guess I ought to one of these days.
    Read the books.
    "The Patriarch"

I dunno. Maybe Wormtongue?

Or Gollum?

Yes.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I'm more like Sam.
    I chose you as Boromir because you keep trying to figure out how to wield government power. Samwise didn't do that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast