Thread: U.S. to end subsidies for electric cars, renewables, says White House

Thumbs up U.S. to end subsidies for electric cars, renewables, says White House

White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow said on Monday the United States will end subsidies for electric cars and other items including renewable energy sources.

Asked about actions planned after General Motors announced U.S. plant closings and layoffs last week, Kudlow said he expected subsidies for buying electric cars will end in 2020 or 2021. Kudlow said the Trump administration will end other subsidies, including on "renewables."

EV subsidies have been a subject of debate recently among lawmakers. U.S. President Donald Trump threatened to end GM subsidies after the company announced plans to shut down production at some U.S. factories. In October, Republican Senator and chairman of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee John Barrasso introduced a bill to kill off the federal incentives altogether.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-end-sub...194800821.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm afraid all trumps work on deregulation will be undone in the next administration.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I'm afraid all trumps work on deregulation will be undone in the next administration.
    Ufff da, lol Aren't you a little old to be afraid?

In other words, Trump's deregulation is b.s., and individual rights CONTINUE to go unmentioned.

Because who the $#@! really wants the PUSA to talk about individual rights? Not the RPF's apparently.

But hey, we like to pretend.

Watch ss's "wall" turn into a government bio-metric ID nightmare from hell.

Guaranteed.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Ufff da, lol Aren't you a little old to be afraid?

In other words, Trump's deregulation is b.s., and individual rights CONTINUE to go unmentioned.

Because who the $#@! really wants the PUSA to talk about individual rights? Not the RPF's apparently.

But hey, we like to pretend.

Watch ss's "wall" turn into a government bio-metric ID nightmare from hell.

Guaranteed.
    I guess you are a little too young to know "I'm afraid" is an expression, doesn't mean scared.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I guess you are a little too young to know "I'm afraid" is an expression, doesn't mean scared.
    Okay Poppy, whatever you say.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

How's Trump's Somalis subsidies treating you? Or did he end that program... no?

I sure hope you are making bank off of Somalis and Hmong.

Out this way we make bank off of Micronesian. (not really, others do).. We've got to much goddamned MN/WI pride.
    Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    How's Trump's Somalis subsidies treating you?
    What specifically are "Trump's Somalis subsidies?"
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can we also stop subsidizing their competition??? Or is this just a one-sided end of subsidies based on the correct political connections?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Has Trump spoken of your property rights lately/ever?

No, I don't believe so. Neither have the HI politicians. Go figure.

If a hack isn't talking about your property rights danke... guess what?

They don't give a $#@! about your property rights. I'm happy to be proven wrong. Let me have it.
    Ron Paul

What specifically are "Trump's Somalis subsidies?"
    I dunno but there must be some way you can cash in on the somalis.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow said on Monday the United States will end subsidies for electric cars and other items including renewable energy sources.

Asked about actions planned after General Motors announced U.S. plant closings and layoffs last week, Kudlow said he expected subsidies for buying electric cars will end in 2020 or 2021. Kudlow said the Trump administration will end other subsidies, including on "renewables."

EV subsidies have been a subject of debate recently among lawmakers. U.S. President Donald Trump threatened to end GM subsidies after the company announced plans to shut down production at some U.S. factories. In October, Republican Senator and chairman of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee John Barrasso introduced a bill to kill off the federal incentives altogether.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-end-sub...194800821.html
    Good. They should not have existed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Good. They should not have existed in the first place.
    That is how I see it .
    Do something Danke

meanwhile... state subsidy to Big Petro rolls on; not two $#@!s given

http://priceofoil.org/content/upload...al_Oct2017.pdf

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

If electric cars really help the environment, they do not need subsidies to sell. People will pay more money for Earth friendly cars.

Quality and price sells. Subsidies for electric cars looks like "Obama Scam"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Can we also stop subsidizing their competition??? Or is this just a one-sided end of subsidies based on the correct political connections?
    No. Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

I don't think that's true. Most of the subsidies in there are related to the tax code, and we think no corporation should be taxed. So it's not fair to say we don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsback View Post
    If electric cars really help the environment, they do not need subsidies to sell. People will pay more money for Earth friendly cars.

Quality and price sells. Subsidies for electric cars looks like "Obama Scam"
    What do oil subsidies look like, then??? Let's not look at those subsidies in a vacuum. End them all!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

I don't think that's true. Most of the subsidies in there are related to the tax code, and we think no corporation should be taxed. So it's not fair to say we don't care.
    Except that if you provide those tax breaks only to politically-connected industries and companies, then yes, it's a subsidy. We all like to lower corporate taxation, but it shouldn't be done in a cronyist way. The effect of those tax breaks is to create additional barriers to entry for any competitor.

Oh, and we're not bombing the hell out of the Middle East to maintain access to the sun and wind. Our militarism somehow never seems to be counted in the subsidy calculation.

I am in favor of ending any and all subsidies but if the subsidies are tax breaks then the base rate needs to be cut at the same time.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

if fedgov is giving one energy sector a tax break while making another energy sector pay taxes... that is in effect subsidizing the non taxed entity; if you really dislike tax break being called subisidy... which I can understand... at very least fedgov is racketeering on behalf.

taxes aside...

how much petro is burned by state entities? war machine?
    how much petro is given away for home heating?
    embargo on iranian oil? huge effective subsidy. or does that not count because its just a relative tax break?
    epa regulated externalities... subsidized legal expenses.
    half a billion in education grants for oil field workers? subsidy.

the absurd anti new entrant permitting process that prevents me from drilling for the oil I "own right to" and know to be under my feet.

it goes on and on fedgov is full of cash incentives to groups that fund campaigns and oil spends $100B annually just lobbying
    Last edited by presence; 12-07-2018 at 09:33 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

if fedgov is giving one energy sector a tax break while making another energy sector pay taxes... that is in effect subsidizing the non taxed entity; if you really dislike tax break being called subisidy... which I can understand... at very least fedgov is racketeering on behalf.

taxes aside...

how much petro is burned by state entities? war machine?
    how much petro is given away for home heating?
    embargo on iranian oil? huge effective subsidy. or does that not count because its just a relative tax break?
    epa regulated externalities... subsidized legal expenses.
    half a billion in education grants for oil field workers? subsidy.

it goes on and on fedgov is full of cash incentives to groups that fund campaigns and oil spends $100B annually just lobbying
    You forgot the military spending to maintain the petro supplies. Include those subsidies, we're talking trillions.

You forgot the military spending to maintain the petro supplies. Include those subsidies, we're talking trillions.

No doubt this is truly the single biggest subsidy. "US corporate" foreign based oil and shipping security financed by the public sector.

No doubt this is truly the single biggest subsidy. "US corporate" foreign based oil and shipping security financed by the public sector.
    No. Doubt.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.