Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 63% of Non-Citizen Households Access Welfare Programs Compared to 35% of native households

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Yep- the gov should not be telling people who they can hire.

We should at least bring back the Bracero program- that was good for everybody- plus Hispanics like to work & are some of the hardest & fastest workers on the planet.
    It depends on the kind of job. Hispanics, in my experience, have been the most reluctant to learn English, and English fluency is necessary, even when Spanish (in its various dialects) is helpful. My next door neighbor has lived in the US for forty years. She speaks less English now than when she first came here. If I did not have a tiny bit of Spanish, we would not know each other at all. Her two girls are not English fluent, even though they grew up here and were educated in American schools. Her son was very fluent. I don't understand how that goes.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    It depends on the kind of job. Hispanics, in my experience, have been the most reluctant to learn English, and English fluency is necessary, even when Spanish (in its various dialects) is helpful. My next door neighbor has lived in the US for forty years. She speaks less English now than when she first came here. If I did not have a tiny bit of Spanish, we would not know each other at all. Her two girls are not English fluent, even though they grew up here and were educated in American schools. Her son was very fluent. I don't understand how that goes.
    And when they have all spanish media that they watch they develop into a separate society, that is one of the main reasons so many of them vote Demoncrat and it's why voting shouldn't be allowed in any language but english.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 12-03-2018 at 11:31 PM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Although I do agree government should not tell people who to hire--race, gender (preference), age.

I don't mind an eligibility requirement for age or citizenship.

To go a bit further, if someone is still working at a job, they should be eligible for the insurance benefits their employer provides. They should not be forced on to Medicare after age 65--especially if they are going to be working into their 70s.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Don't get me started on the joint compound bucket left in a closet that when opened contained $#@!. Just $#@!ing nasty.
    Standard fare, try walking into a house they cooked a possum over a halide light without skinning the damn thing.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Standard fare, try walking into a house they cooked a possum over a halide light without skinning the damn thing.
    Danke was on the job ?
    Do something Danke

W.T.F. Please tell me you're joking.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Danke was on the job ?

Thought you might be hungry after chopping wood all day.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    How do you know its Possum?

https://youtu.be/9RZR4iKDixE?t=452
    Reno 911 was great. I was surprised when I learned most of the material is improvised. Very talented actors.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

W.T.F. Please tell me you're joking.
    Nope.
    "The Patriarch"

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    How do you know its Possum?

https://youtu.be/9RZR4iKDixE?t=452
    I didn't actually witness it but went in the house the next day when they were finished to work. The Super told me what the awful smell was, he caught them doing it.
    "The Patriarch"

Nope.
    I'm trying to conjure the stench. This was new construction? W.T.F.? Well, you win the most disgusting illegal alien worker antics category. I can't touch that. Nope. At least they put the lid back on the bucket of $#@!.

I'm trying to conjure the stench. This was new construction? W.T.F.? Well, you win the most disgusting illegal alien worker antics category. I can't touch that. Nope. At least they put the lid back on the bucket of $#@!.
    Brand new million dollar jobbies back when million dollar homes were more upscale than they are now. I don't even do new construction anymore, it pays much better to do house flips and remodels.
    "The Patriarch"

Brand new million dollar jobbies back when million dollar homes were more upscale than they are now. I don't even do new construction anymore, it pays much better to do house flips and remodels.
    That's mostly were the money is at these days anyway. Unfortunately, I'm out of the business for a while. Having to spend days helping out the folks get to doctors and get groceries and drugs and such. So grabbed a third shift at a local manufacturing plant. After a month I'm ready to get back to what I was doing. I've always said I hate working for/with people i wouldn't hire and this place has 'em in spades.

That's mostly were the money is at these days anyway. Unfortunately, I'm out of the business for a while. Having to spend days helping out the folks get to doctors and get groceries and drugs and such. So grabbed a third shift at a local manufacturing plant. After a month I'm ready to get back to what I was doing. I've always said I hate working for/with people i wouldn't hire and this place has 'em in spades.
    Pretty hard to go back to that after having some independence isn't it? The older I get the harder it is to put up with bull$#@!, these days someone says "can you fix that?"and I say hold my beer.

You're a good man for taking care of your folks instead of letting them go to a home. Wish my mom would move in with us or my sister but she's too damn stubborn. She really shouldn't be living alone.
    "The Patriarch"

Pretty hard to go back to that after having some independence isn't it? The older I get the harder it is to put up with bull$#@!, these days someone says "can you fix that?"and I say hold my beer.

You're a good man for taking care of your folks instead of letting them go to a home. Wish my mom would move in with us or my sister but she's too damn stubborn. She really shouldn't be living alone.
    Absolutely. I do Quality Inspections for drive line gear sets for PTU's and RDM's. I work with a kid that is bi-polar and his work ouput is dictated by his meds and a girl that has become a Chatty Cathy. At twice their age I do twice their work. Not that it matters to these companies anymore. They just want warm meat bags to fill slots. I could sand bag it but that's just not me. The night would last too long and I'd end up shooting myself. Lol.
    Yeah, I'd rather get back to being my own man.
    On a plus note I replaced a my kitchen plumbing on my day off. Felt like I actually accomplished something of use.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Usually the kids learn English pretty fast- Adult Spanish-speaking migrants sometimes have a problem w/English because it is so illogical, while Spanish is one of the most logical languages on the planet.
    There is no spoon.

MMV. Some are the hardest and fastest workers. And in doing so do substandard work. I just did a walk through on a new home and I couldn't believe the drywall and tile work done by Hispanic crews. I certainly wouldn't be shelling out $375k for it, but I guess most people can't tell good from bad.
    So, who's the boss/owner? Pretty sure most workers do as they're told.
    There is no spoon.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, who's the boss/owner? Pretty sure most workers do as they're told.
    Lol
    "The Patriarch"

Lol
    LOL backatcha.

My experience with hispanics is good & every farmer I know wants Mexican workers, who actually do a good job.
    There is no spoon.

You're a good man for taking care of your folks instead of letting them go to a home.
    I concur.

A California lawmaker has pledged to re-introduce a bill that would allow adults who live in the state illegally to receive medical care paid for by the government.
    State Assembly member Joaquin Arambula, a Democrat and a doctor, announced the plans Monday as the legislature convened at the state capitol, according to the Los Angeles Times.
    Should the bill advance, California would become the first state to extend Medicaid coverage regardless of immigration status. State projections for last year's bill found that 1.8 million people in California are uninsured and reside there illegally; roughly 1.2 million would qualify for Medi-Cal, the name of the state's Medicaid program.

The legislation is being introduced ahead of a new governor entering office. Gov.-elect Gavin Newsom initially had vowed to seek a single-payer healthcare system for the state, but tamped down his rhetoric later in the campaign, focusing instead on extending coverage to the uninsured. Single-payer systems refer to one source of payment for all medical services, usually the government.
    Arambula introduced a similar bill last session alongside state Sen. Ricardo Lara, but the final versions would have covered fewer people than they had both originally envisioned. They were narrowed to young adults, between the ages of 19 and 26, and to immigrants over the age of 65. Outgoing Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown refused to fund the provisions in the state budget.
    The latest plan would carry an estimated price tag of $3 billion a year, according to California's Legislative Analyst's Office, which would be paid for by the state's general fund. Medicaid is otherwise jointly funded by the state and federal governments.

More at: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...gal-immigrants

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    A California lawmaker has pledged to re-introduce a bill that would allow adults who live in the state illegally to receive medical care paid for by the government.
    State Assembly member Joaquin Arambula, a Democrat and a doctor, announced the plans Monday as the legislature convened at the state capitol, according to the Los Angeles Times.
    Should the bill advance, California would become the first state to extend Medicaid coverage regardless of immigration status. State projections for last year's bill found that 1.8 million people in California are uninsured and reside there illegally; roughly 1.2 million would qualify for Medi-Cal, the name of the state's Medicaid program.

The legislation is being introduced ahead of a new governor entering office. Gov.-elect Gavin Newsom initially had vowed to seek a single-payer healthcare system for the state, but tamped down his rhetoric later in the campaign, focusing instead on extending coverage to the uninsured. Single-payer systems refer to one source of payment for all medical services, usually the government.
    Arambula introduced a similar bill last session alongside state Sen. Ricardo Lara, but the final versions would have covered fewer people than they had both originally envisioned. They were narrowed to young adults, between the ages of 19 and 26, and to immigrants over the age of 65. Outgoing Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown refused to fund the provisions in the state budget.
    The latest plan would carry an estimated price tag of $3 billion a year, according to California's Legislative Analyst's Office, which would be paid for by the state's general fund. Medicaid is otherwise jointly funded by the state and federal governments.

More at: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...gal-immigrants
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NJqbYD5.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	6247
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

LOL backatcha.

My experience with hispanics is good & every farmer I know wants Mexican workers, who actually do a good job.
    We're not talking about farm work though. They range anywhere from abysmal to excellent these days, much improved over the last couple decades but most of the good ones are on the big commercial buildings. Hi-rises. So we don't cross paths much because I despise working on them and only will out of dire necessity.
    "The Patriarch"

Bump

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Bump
    Notable: Non- citizens includes those here legally.

Also:

The immigrant might not always be receiving the benefit, as with households in which a U.S.-born child qualifies for a benefit, while their undocumented or newly arrived immigrant parent does not.
    It also includes some benefits available regardless of income or citizenship status.

School lunch is a nutrition program, and it’s not always means-tested, so some schools in low-income areas provide free or reduced lunches to all students, Capps explained.
    so it is misleading (not surprisingly).

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Also:

It also includes some benefits available regardless of income or citizenship status.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Also:

Lol. Your arguments just get weaker and weaker.

35% of native households are on welfare?

Seems reasonable.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    35% of native households are on welfare?

Seems reasonable.
    Some of that percentage is actually made up of illegals who are using stolen identities.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast