Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 49

Thread: Trump Makes Yuge Deal w China to Reclassify Fentanyl Variations

  1. #1

    Trump Makes Yuge Deal w China to Reclassify Fentanyl Variations

    Some things about fentanyl you probably didn't know.

    It turns out that it has been illegal to export fentanyl from China, but under their laws chemists were able to make slight variations to the molecular structure that did not fall under the law. They were able to legally export them across the globe.

    No more. China has changed their laws so that it is no longer legal to export fentanyl or their variations.

    It probably won't disappear, but at least it will be a lot less common.





    Now, I'm not fan of the war on drugs at all. But I think it is sadistic and destructive to make relatively safe drugs illegal while legalizing or making it easier to obtain more dangerous and deadly drugs.

    Scott Adams and I are both medical cannabis users.

    I can't speak for him, but I think fentanyl should be legal in a more free society. But.. why would anybody do fentanyl if they had access to pure, unadulterated heroin? And many of those people might choose a safer alternative such as opium if it were legal. And yet many more would find that cannabis is sufficient.

    So fentanyl likely wouldn't even exist in a free market.

    Overall I have to say this is a positive move. It also shows that China is starting to be very cooperative and that Trump's negotiations are moving in a positive direction. It will probably save a lot of lives.


    I.e.

    China Agrees To Cut Tariffs On Imported Cars

    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Imported-Cars
    Last edited by dannno; 12-03-2018 at 12:47 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    I don't know dannno. My sibling was destroyed by heroin. Alive and well now, thank god, but the carnage it caused on my family was devastating and we are not the same family anymore and probably never will be. I hate this drug like I hate the devil. But at the end of the day our government coerced another government to kill exporters of fentanyl. Not exactly "ending the war on drugs" as we all would like to see. I agree with your hypothetical that if everything were legalized people could buy commercial heroin/opium/whatever and not blindly kill themselves. These are very tough decisions.

    Scott Adams is wonderful, btw. He was on Tom Woods's podcast last week too.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    I don't know dannno. My sibling was destroyed by heroin. Alive and well now, thank god, but the carnage it caused on my family was devastating and we are not the same family anymore and probably never will be. I hate this drug like I hate the devil. But at the end of the day our government coerced another government to kill exporters of fentanyl. Not exactly "ending the war on drugs" as we all would like to see. I agree with your hypothetical that if everything were legalized people could buy commercial heroin/opium/whatever and not blindly kill themselves. These are very tough decisions.

    Scott Adams is wonderful, btw. He was on Tom Woods's podcast last week too.
    Blaming the drug is akin to blaming guns.

    Sure it's less painful but sometimes reality sucks.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Some things about fentanyl you probably didn't know.
    You assume a lot of things you probably shouldn't.
    "The Patriarch"

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

    Not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I missed out on the dick pills , they any good ?

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    You assume a lot of things you probably shouldn't.
    Untrue. Never said, "some things about fentanyl you didn't know"
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  7. #6
    Lol, whatever.
    "The Patriarch"

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

    Not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I missed out on the dick pills , they any good ?

  8. #7
    Moar drug war = winning? Only in the mind of a Hard-core Trump partisan.
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Now, I'm not fan of the war on drugs at all. But I think it is sadistic and destructive to make relatively safe drugs illegal while legalizing or making it easier to obtain more dangerous and deadly drugs.
    So... It's the "as long as we have government-created problems, we need more government" argument. You forgot, "at least it's better than Hillary!"
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    So... It's the "as long as we have government-created problems, we need more government" argument. You forgot, "at least it's better than Hillary!"

    Apparently it's a lot like the situation with tariffs. We have to have more so we can get less. Trump logic.
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Apparently it's a lot like the situation with tariffs. We have to have more so we can get less. Trump logic.
    With immigration...
    With spending...
    With military build ups...
    With sanctions...
    With bombings...

    Basically, anything you want government to stop doing, the government needs to do MORE of it so that it can do less.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    With immigration...
    With spending...
    With military build ups...
    With sanctions...
    With bombings...

    Basically, anything you want government to stop doing, the government needs to do MORE of it so that it can do less.

    46D chess. What could possibly go wrong?
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    So... It's the "as long as we have government-created problems, we need more government" argument. You forgot, "at least it's better than Hillary!"
    Think of it more like tptb have been sadistically supplying deadly drugs to the population for decades while making it difficult to obtain safer drugs, and Trump is trying to reverse that. Before it was crack and heroin, and when they weren't satisfied they moved to fentanyl. Trump is trying to legalize herb, and stamp out fentanyl. If you know anything, that really isn't that bad, in fact it is positive. Like I said, fentanyl would never exist in the free market.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Think of it more like tptb have been sadistically supplying deadly drugs to the population for decades while making it difficult to obtain safer drugs, and Trump is trying to reverse that. Before it was crack and heroin, and when they weren't satisfied they moved to fentanyl. Trump is trying to legalize herb, and stamp out fentanyl. If you know anything, that really isn't that bad, in fact it is positive. Like I said, fentanyl would never exist in the free market.
    However you need to spin it in your head to keep supporting the orange megalomaniac.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Think of it more like tptb have been sadistically supplying deadly drugs to the population for decades while making it difficult to obtain safer drugs, and Trump is trying to reverse that. Before it was crack and heroin, and when they weren't satisfied they moved to fentanyl. Trump is trying to legalize herb, and stamp out fentanyl. If you know anything, that really isn't that bad, in fact it is positive. Like I said, fentanyl would never exist in the free market.

    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    However you need to spin it in your head to keep supporting the orange megalomaniac.

    Hey, it's a paycheck.
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    However you need to spin it in your head to keep supporting the orange megalomaniac.
    There is no spin.. Fentanyl would not exist in a free market. It is the product of the war on drugs, and it is one of the deadliest things we have seen. Not the fake deadly, like what they said in the 30s about cannabis. Even crack and heroin, in pure un-adulterated form are not inherently deadly - they have to be abused. Fentanyl, but nature, is extremely deadly and there is no good use for it and it would not exist in the free market. It is sadistic and destructive to allow crap like that to flourish while making safer drugs illegal and difficult to obtain.

    I'm just using my brain.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Hey, it's a paycheck.
    If he sprayed that $#@! on the wall of one of my jobs he would be looking for new employment yesterday.
    "The Patriarch"

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

    Not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I missed out on the dick pills , they any good ?

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    There is no spin.. Fentanyl would not exist in a free market. It is the product of the war on drugs, and it is one of the deadliest things we have seen. Not the fake deadly, like what they said in the 30s about cannabis. Even crack and heroin, in pure un-adulterated form are not inherently deadly - they have to be abused. Fentanyl, but nature, is extremely deadly and there is no good use for it and it would not exist in the free market. It is sadistic and destructive to allow crap like that to flourish while making safer drugs illegal and difficult to obtain.

    I'm just using my brain.
    Read your post again.

    You're saying that it wouldn't exist in a free market. And then you say that it's destructive to "allow" those drugs to flourish. Ok, then why not use the free market???! Why call for MOAR government?! Because the Orange Idol is doing it??

    Seems like your brain is damaged if that's your logic.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Read your post again.

    You're saying that it wouldn't exist in a free market. And then you say that it's destructive to "allow" those drugs to flourish. Ok, then why not use the free market???! Why call for MOAR government?! Because the Orange Idol is doing it??

    Seems like your brain is damaged if that's your logic.

    Wake 'n Bakers get such crazy ideas sometimes:



    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Read your post again.

    You're saying that it wouldn't exist in a free market. And then you say that it's destructive to "allow" those drugs to flourish. Ok, then why not use the free market???! Why call for MOAR government?! Because the Orange Idol is doing it??

    Seems like your brain is damaged if that's your logic.
    We don't have a free market..

    We should have a free market and legalize all drugs - after which fentanyl would not exist.

    It would be like making candy illegal in an elementary school, then saying that candy with arsenic in it is ok. Then handing it out to kids. That is dumb. Legalize candy.. but don't legalize giving kids arsenic. You're essentially saying that you think candy with arsenic would exist in a free market.. it wouldn't.

    Just use your brain.
    Last edited by dannno; 12-03-2018 at 12:15 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Wake 'n Bakers get such crazy ideas sometimes:
    Apparently you need to smoke some herb and up your IQ a couple points.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Apparently you need to smoke some herb and up your IQ a couple points.

    ROTFL!!!
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    ROTFL!!!
    You need to regenerate some brain cells.

    Cannabinoids promote embryonic and adult hippocampus neurogenesis

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1253627/
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You're essentially saying that you think candy with arsenic would exist in a free market.
    No he isn't. He didn't say anything even remotely resembling that. He didn't intimate it, hint at it, or allow it might ever be true.

    He agreed with you that the $#@! wouldn't exist in a free market, then suggested a free market would be a better cure for it than Orange Man's War on Drugs.

    You hallucinated the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Some of you wankers don't get it.

    What if the government made all food illegal, except for poisonous foods? Then the government started producing and handing out poisonous foods to the population?

    If I said they should be prevented from handing out poisonous foods in that situation, would you say people should have the freedom to buy and sell poisonous foods that are going to kill them?

    Of course they should have that freedom, in a free market, but there isn't really a market for poisonous foods from a human consumption standpoint when regular food is available. So from a human consumption standpoint, those foods wouldn't exist in a free market. They only exist because the government is producing them and handing them out, and they are only demanded because regular food is illegal by those very same people. These are evil people, and this is their plan. And you are willing to undergo self-destruction because they tricked you into doing something absolutely retarded because you are mindlessly clinging to an ideology.
    Last edited by dannno; 12-03-2018 at 12:28 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  30. #26
    Trump is trying to legalize herb...
    will believe it when i see it.

    Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    It was grape Flavor Aid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ron Paul know some weird people...



    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    No he isn't. He didn't say anything even remotely resembling that. He didn't intimate it, hint at it, or allow it might ever be true.

    He agreed with you that the $#@! wouldn't exist in a free market, then suggested a free market would be a better cure for it than Orange Man's War on Drugs.

    You hallucinated the rest.
    Well that is interesting, because I've said like 20 times that the free market would be a better cure than the war on drugs. So I guess we agree. But as long as drugs are illegal, making fentanyl legal and allowing it to flourish is retarded.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You need to regenerate some brain cells.

    Cannabinoids promote embryonic and adult hippocampus neurogenesis

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1253627/

    It's truly precoius how you seem to believe I give even the tiniest semblance of a $#@! what you, in your own arrogance and ignorance, think of my intellectual capabilities. Have a great day now, hear?
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Well that is interesting, because I've said like 20 times that the free market would be a better cure than the war on drugs. So I guess we agree. But as long as drugs are illegal, making fentanyl legal and allowing it to flourish is retarded.
    As long as we have a welfare state, we need MOAR government to stop immigration.
    As long as the government is doing so many things, we need to increase government spending.
    As long as we have blowback, we need a bigger military.
    As long as other countries tax their citizens, we need to raise our tariffs.
    As long as terrorists are walking free, we need to bomb them.
    As long as government is involved in Health Care, we need MOAR government to manage it better...

    Oh, and it's better than Hillary. Like I said earlier:

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    So... It's the "as long as we have government-created problems, we need more government" argument. You forgot, "at least it's better than Hillary!"
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-08-2016, 12:53 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2015, 01:37 AM
  3. Wash. governor wants DEA to reclassify marijuana
    By liberty2897 in forum Individual Rights Violations: Case Studies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 10:41 PM
  4. The variations proposed on the Patriot Act
    By sailingaway in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 07:01 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2010, 12:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •