Thread: Time - "Victoria's secret is struggling to stay relevant" (And CEO Jan Singer steps down)

Time - "Victoria's secret is struggling to stay relevant" (And CEO Jan Singer steps down)

The American luxury brand has reportedly been seeing a serious decline in sales over the past year:

Quote Originally Posted by TIME
    "During the height of its popularity, in the fiscal year that ended in January 2016, Victoria’s Secret recorded more than $7.7 billion in sales, accounting for more than half of all revenue at its parent company L Brands, which also owns Bath & Body Works, among other brands. Just a few weeks earlier, L Brands’ stock reached its all-time high of more than $100 a share."

"
    Since then, however, Victoria’s Secret has struggled. Sales have fallen. L Brands’ stock has plunged below $40. On Nov. 19, the company announced it was cutting its annual dividend in half. And CEO Jan Singer recently stepped down after only two years on the job."

More details here

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever." - Founding Father Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems like it should be pretty easy to sell quality , reasonably priced bras in America . If sales are going down they need to look at what they are offering .
    Do something Danke

It’s not just price and quality. It’s the culture. Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and VS was new, they were about the only game in the mall besides Frederick’s of Hollywood. Now VS is not a novelty, and there is nothing creative to offer. The only thing they can do is make already overpriced lingerie more expensive.

Customer service is also an issue. Teenage girls do not know how to deal with women of all ages, shapes, and sizes.

I have never shopped there. I need both quality and service. VS has neither.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Seems like it should be pretty easy to sell quality , reasonably priced bras in America . If sales are going down they need to look at what they are offering .

Exactly. However, quality bras in every size cannot be sold at a reasonable price. The industry makes a lot of assumptions about the size of the average woman. There is no such thing as an average woman.

The same thing is true with shoes.
    #NashvilleStrong

Body shaming.

They need to get with the times.

Trans queeer models, fat, tattooed, purple haired lesbian models, pansexual, furry models, all colored.

I think the normalization of homosexuality is also part of the culture. Men like certain things on women. Women maybe like something different on women?
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    It’s not just price and quality. It’s the culture. Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and VS was new, they were about the only game in the mall besides Frederick’s of Hollywood. Now VS is not a novelty, and there is nothing creative to offer. The only thing they can do is make already overpriced lingerie more expensive.

Customer service is also an issue. Teenage girls do not know how to deal with women of all ages, shapes, and sizes.

I'm not disagreeing, but if you have never shopped there, how can you state definitively that they don't have quality or good service?

Exactly. However, quality bras in every size cannot be sold at a reasonable price. The industry makes a lot of assumptions about the size of the average woman. There is no such thing as an average woman.

The same thing is true with shoes.
    VS isn't very good anymore. I don't need any support but all their bras are uncomfortable and the sizes are all over the place. I used to buy their panties but even they don't last. Now, I just buy the Warners packs at Sams.

Poor quality
    Bad service
    Overpriced

I also used to like the perfume Noir but since they discontinued it, I don't have a reason to go back in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'm not disagreeing, but if you have never shopped there, how can you state definitively that they don't have quality or good service?
    I have been in their stores before. Quite a few times. Quality doesn't take long to evaluate. And even on their web site, they don't carry very many sizes. Like I said, the industry makes assumptions about the sizes of women.
    #NashvilleStrong

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1069431449818996736

Victoria Secret thinks there are 4 cup sizes and 6 band sizes. Most other chains carry twice that at least.

They don't sell you something that fits they sell you what they are over stocked in.

Without a customer first $#@!ing business model they deserve to die.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

I think the normalization of homosexuality is also part of the culture. Men like certain things on women. Women maybe like something different on women?
    Well, if NH lesbians are any indicator, they like sweat pants and flannel shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Well, if NH lesbians are any indicator, they like sweat pants and flannel shirts.
    I have noticed the Eastern Lesbian often wears the same type sweats as Danke .
    Do something Danke