Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump designates December 5 national Day of Mourning for George H.W. Bush, Cancels G20 Press

Trump designates December 5 national Day of Mourning for George H.W. Bush, Cancels G20 Press

Quite Reaganesque display of leadership. Whole world could be joining Trump's call as HW Bush was one of the first ones to articulate "New World Order" on international stage and made a global difference.
    Some skeptics are saying press confrence was cancelled to avoid questions about latest scandal breaking at home about "individual 1" but that seems like sheer speculation:

President Trump designates December 5 national Day of Mourning for George H.W. Bush

by WJLA

(Photo: MGN Online)

WASHINGTON (ABC7) — President Donald Trump has designated December 5 as a National Day of Mourning after the death of former President George H.W. Bush.
    On Saturday afternoon, Congressional leaders also announced Bush will lie in state in the Capitol Rotunda from Monday evening through Wednesday morning.

The White House released the following statement:

“The President and First Lady were notified late last night of President George H.W. Bush’s passing. President Trump is scheduled to speak with President George W. Bush this morning and offer his condolences on behalf of himself, the First Lady, and the entire country. A state funeral is being arranged with all of the accompanying support and honors. The President will designate Wednesday, December 5th as a National Day Of Mourning. He and the First Lady will attend the funeral at the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C.”

Additionally, Trump announced that he has cancelled his summit news conference in Argentina "out of respect for the Bush Family."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry too busy celebrating his death.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Well crap, so now we will have to listen to the media go on and on about him for at least 5 days.

Who's mourning? Party hearty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Well crap, so now we will have to listen to the media go on and on about him for at least 5 days.
    Let's hope it's not as bad as when Ray Gun died.
    "The Patriarch"

Dec 05 is a historic day , in 63 Cicero gives his fourth and last oration of Catiline , 1082 the Count of Barcelona is assassinated , 1492 Columbus sets foot on Hispaniola , 1757 The Seven Years War ,The Battle of Leuthen the Prussians defeat the Austrians. 1766 London , auctioneer James Christie holds his first sale , 1775 the Artillery from Fort Ticonderoga begins its trip to Cambridge , Mass under direction of Henry Knox . A moment famous in US Army history . 1831 former president John Quincy Adams takes his seat in the House of Rep.'s . 1847 Jefferson Davis is elected to the Senate, 1848 President Polk announces the discovery of gold in california ,1933 the 21st Amendment is ratified . 1934 Italian troops attack Wal Wal , 1941 Battle of Moscow soviets launch a huge counter attack , Great Britain declares war on Romania , Finland and Hungary , 1964 Captian Donion is awarded the first Medal of Honor in the Vietnam war . 1982 Oyarde has a pretty hot date night resulting in more children being born later . 2006 Commodore Frank overthrows the govt in Fiji . 2017 Olympic committee bans Russia .
    Do something Danke

We should compare time alloted for news coverage to that of Mc Cain and see which is longer. This might be a good measure of which one they liked the most.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    We should compare time alloted for news coverage to that of Mc Cain and see which is longer. This might be a good measure of which one they liked the most.
    I predict McCain wins, his treasons and collaborations with the Demoncrats were more flamboyant.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Dec 05 is a historic day , in 63 Cicero gives his fourth and last oration of Catiline , 1082 the Count of Barcelona is assassinated , 1492 Columbus sets foot on Hispaniola , 1757 The Seven Years War ,The Battle of Leuthen the Prussians defeat the Austrians. 1766 London , auctioneer James Christie holds his first sale , 1775 the Artillery from Fort Ticonderoga begins its trip to Cambridge , Mass under direction of Henry Knox . A moment famous in US Army history . 1831 former president John Quincy Adams takes his seat in the House of Rep.'s . 1847 Jefferson Davis is elected to the Senate, 1848 President Polk announces the discovery of gold in california ,1933 the 21st Amendment is ratified . 1934 Italian troops attack Wal Wal , 1941 Battle of Moscow soviets launch a huge counter attack , Great Britain declares war on Romania , Finland and Hungary , 1964 Captian Donion is awarded the first Medal of Honor in the Vietnam war . 1982 Oyarde has a pretty hot date night resulting in more children being born later . 2006 Commodore Frank overthrows the govt in Fiji . 2017 Olympic committee bans Russia .
    But, what did Danke do?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Pretty sure I'm busy that day. Maybe I could mourn some other day, like, maybe, when Hell freezes over?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

But, what did Danke do?
    1976 rumored to be seen with G H W Bush in DC at The Tune Inn , 2013 rumored to have been seen in Yemen .
    Do something Danke

1976 rumored to be seen with G H W Bush in DC at The Tune Inn , 2013 rumored to have been seen in Yemen .

Quite an historic day.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...walker-bush-3/

Five days isn't enough to mourn the world we could have had if only he had been drowned at birth.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-01-2018 at 07:23 PM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

I predict McCain wins, his treasons and collaborations with the Demoncrats were more flamboyant.
    Idk, the stock market will be closed on 12/5/18. So you can mourn.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nyse-...160124175.html

Idk, the stock market will be closed on 12/5/18. So you can mourn.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nyse-...160124175.html
    One of the things McCain missed out on because he never made it to the White House.

I still give him the edge in the media though.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One of the things McCain missed out on because he never made it to the White House.

I still give him the edge in the media though.
    probably right, they loved him as one loves big brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Let's hope it's not as bad as when Ray Gun died.
    Well, I remember when Kennedy was assassinated and we could only get two channels on the television at the time. Both of those channels were nothing but Kennedy for two weeks. It was hell.

Well, I remember when Kennedy was assassinated and we could only get two channels on the television at the time. Both of those channels were nothing but Kennedy for two weeks. It was hell.
    They kill him and then they distract people from that fact by lionizing him.

The hypocrisy is enough to make one nostalgic for the era of, 'I came not to praise Caesar, but to bury him.'
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Tremendous leadership shown by MAGA today, he may have surpassed Reagon in recognizing Patriots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzJYDIfSZGE
    What's with all the wobbling back and forth from Trump. dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee?
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Flush that turd, already.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    What's with all the wobbling back and forth from Trump. dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee?
    He was bored. When he closed his eyes to look like he was praying, he wasn't. He was thinking about how he was going to sneak his McDonalds by Melania. I know that posture because that's what I do when I have to go to Church.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. The only thing I am mourning is that I ordered something online and now I have to wait an extra day because it won't be shipped until Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Probably was having a case of gas and didn't want any to slip out at that moment.

Wonder how many people are legitimately mourning his death.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Don’t expect to receive any regular mail this Wednesday.
    The United States Postal Service is suspending regular mail deliveries to honor President George H.W. Bush.
    USPS retail services and office will also be closed.

More at: https://www.10tv.com/article/usps-su...george-hw-bush

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Probably was having a case of gas and didn't want any to slip out at that moment.
    This kind of irreverent comment about a sitting POTUS (well standing in this case) was really necessary?
    There were other plausible explanataions with more dignified reasons like prayer or body language of strong leader etc.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    This kind of irreverent comment about a sitting POTUS (well standing in this case) was really necessary?
    There were other plausible explanataions with more dignified reasons like prayer or body language of strong leader etc.
    Where is your sense of humor?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast