Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neil deGrasse Tyson Under Investigation for Sexual Misconduct

Neil deGrasse Tyson Under Investigation for Sexual Misconduct

An astrophysicist and liberal activist is under investigation after being accused of sexual misconduct by two women.
    “Cosmos host Neil deGrasse Tyson is under investigation by Fox, National Geographic and the producers of his scientific docuseries following new allegations of sexual misconduct, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed,” according to a report.
    Cosmos currently airs on National Geographic.
    Two women came forward with accusations of sexual misconduct in a story first published by Patheos on Thursday. One of them, a college classmate, accused him of rape.

“Dr. Katelyn N. Allers, Associate Professor of Physics and Astronomy at Bucknell University, told me that she was ‘felt up’ by Tyson at an after-party following a meeting of the American Astronomical Society (AAS) in 2009,” according to the report.

“After we had taken the picture, he noticed my tattoo and kind of grabbed me to look at it, and was really obsessed about whether I had Pluto on this tattoo or not… and then he looked for Pluto, and followed the tattoo into my dress,” Allers reportedly said.
    Another woman claimed that she had to quit her job out of fear of Tyson’s sexual advances.
    “As if this allegation wasn’t shocking enough, it came within days of my interview with Ashley Watson, a former assistant to Tyson who says she was forced to quit her job due to his inappropriate sexual advances,” the report said. “Watson worked directly with Tyson for several months. She says that, during that time, he put her in an uncomfortable situation by attempting to persuade her into sex, and demonstrated his ‘predatory tendencies.'”

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/neil-d...al-misconduct/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quite a few Fox hosts are getting investigated lately, not clear why. They are supposed to be a conservative, Christian leaning outfit.

He had made controversial statements about MAGA also.

Celebrity astronomer Neil deGrasse Tyson accused of groping a woman in 2009 and making inappropriate sexual advances toward a female assistant - four years after a former classmate alleges he drugged and raped her

• Fox, National Geographic say they are investigating claims that Neil deGrasse Tyson, 60, made inappropriate sexual advances toward two women
    • Tyson is the host of Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, a popular science series which has been ordered by Fox and National Geographic
    • Dr. Katelyn Allers, a physics professor at Bucknell University, alleges that Tyson 'felt her up' after a conference in Long Beach, California in 2009
    • Ashley Watson says she quit her job as Tyson's assistant after he allegedly invited her to his apartment and propositioned her for sex
    • In 2014, Tchiya Amet, a former classmate of Tyson at the University of Texas in Austin, wrote a blog post alleging that he drugged and raped her in 1984

By Ariel Zilber For Dailymail.com

Published: 00:42 EST, 1 December 2018

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...assistant.html

So,, pretty much baseless accusation.

That is even lamer that the false rape accusation against Julian Assange.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

[Inevitable Joe Rogan clip/episode will be posted here after it is posted on youtube]
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Trump Curse

Ideally he gets better treatment than Kavanaugh but if we are to be consistent with the new rules he should lose everything.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    WHy is it so hard for you to read what you just posted. THEY LET YOU DO IT.

And why do you have to make everything not science related about Trump? Stop derailing threads.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

And why do you have to make everything not science related about Trump? Stop derailing threads.
    So if they don't file any complaints it's cool then. Normal behavior. https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/polit...ons/index.html
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-01-2018 at 06:10 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

NPC's gon' NPC.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So if they don't file any complaints it's cool then. Normal behavior. https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/polit...ons/index.html
    It isn't about Trump FFS. My God, stop derailing the forums with your TDS.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    [Inevitable Joe Rogan clip/episode will be posted here after it is posted on youtube]
    Yay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

“After we had taken the picture, he noticed my tattoo and kind of grabbed me to look at it, and was really obsessed about whether I had Pluto on this tattoo or not… and then he looked for Pluto, and followed the tattoo into my dress,” Allers reportedly said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    What is it with that man and Pluto?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

And the vendors in Boston also "let" Whitey Bulger tax them. Its amazing what u let someone do when u fear them.

Three women have come forward to accuse astrophysicist and Cosmos host Neil deGrasse Tyson of sexual misconduct, including rape.

Tchiya Amet told David Gee at Patheos that Tyson drugged and raped her in 1984. “Until the alleged incident,” Patheos reports, she “says she was on track to becoming the world’s first black female astronaut. But afterward, she dropped out of the program, suffered from PTSD, and sought therapy repeatedly.”
    “She told me she was at his apartment when he offered her water, and the next thing she remembered was waking up to an assault.”
    Gee says he has been able to verify that both Amet and Tyson did attend the same school at the same time. She also claims to have a photo of Tyson from that time.
    Gee adds, without naming Tyson, “Amet has talked about the alleged encounter publicly since 2010” [emphasis original throughout].

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...lt-misconduct/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He said his action "was simply a search (for the tattoo) under the covered part of her shoulder of the sleeveless dress."

"I only just learned (nine years after) that she thought this behavior creepy," he wrote. "That was never my intent and I'm deeply sorry to have made her feel that way."

Another woman, Ashley Watson, told the website that she quit her job as Tyson's assistant last summer after he attempted to persuade her into sex.

Watson told Patheos that she felt pressured to impress her boss and accepted an invitation from Tyson to his place. There, the scientist spoke about people needing human physical releases and gave her an "awkward and incredibly intimate handshake."

Later, when she was leaving, "Tyson then allegedly put his hands on her shoulders, and said he wanted to hug her, but if he did, he'd 'just want more,'" the website reported.

In his post, Tyson described multiple interactions with his female production assistant, including inviting her to his place for wine and cheese during the last week of production. He said the woman later told him that she was "creeped out" and viewed the invitation as an attempt to seduce her. After he apologized profusely, the woman said that would be her last day working there.

Tyson said their only physical interaction was a handshake he said he learned from a Native elder that he considered special, he wrote.

"You extend your thumb forward during the handshake to feel the other person's vital spirit energy -- the pulse," he wrote.

A third woman, Tchiya Amet, alleges Tyson drugged and raped her in 1984 while they were graduate students at the University of Texas at Austin.

She recalled blacking out after Tyson gave her a drink and waking up naked on his bed.

She filed a police report years later, the website reported, and has written multiple posts about the incident since 2014.

Tyson disputed the allegation, noting they had briefly dated in graduate school "but the chemistry wasn't there."

"[A]ccording to her blog posts, the drug and rape allegation comes from an assumption of what happened to her during a night that she cannot remember," he wrote. "It is as though a false memory had been implanted, which, because it never actually happened, had to be remembered as an evening she doesn't remember."

Fox Entertainment and National Geographic, the networks airing Tyson's show, announced Friday they would investigate the allegations, the New York Times reported.

In his post, Tyson also welcomed an investigation by the networks.

CNN has reached out to both networks for comment.

Tyson also said he did not immediately speak publicly on the issue because he believed "serious accusations should not be adjudicated in the press."
    "But clearly I cannot continue to stay silent," he wrote.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/02/us/ne...ons/index.html
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Three women have come forward to accuse astrophysicist and Cosmos host Neil deGrasse Tyson of sexual misconduct, including rape.

Tchiya Amet told David Gee at Patheos that Tyson drugged and raped her in 1984. “Until the alleged incident,” Patheos reports, she “says she was on track to becoming the world’s first black female astronaut. But afterward, she dropped out of the program, suffered from PTSD, and sought therapy repeatedly.”
    “She told me she was at his apartment when he offered her water, and the next thing she remembered was waking up to an assault.”
    Gee says he has been able to verify that both Amet and Tyson did attend the same school at the same time. She also claims to have a photo of Tyson from that time.
    Gee adds, without naming Tyson, “Amet has talked about the alleged encounter publicly since 2010” [emphasis original throughout].

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...lt-misconduct/
    SO right now he has the same number of accusers that Kavanaugh had.

This really highlights a huge problem with society.

Most women would rather be impregnated by a prison inmate than by Neil DeGrasse.

Why aren't women lining up to have this guy's kids? Can you imagine of there were hundreds of little Neil DeGrasse's running around? Maybe they could cure cancer, maybe they could refine and make viable some type of clean alternative energy. The possibilities are endless.

Instead there are hundreds of thousands of kids running around whose dad was a professional football player or some nonsense.. and Neil DeGrasse can't even get laid.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Most women would rather be impregnated by a prison inmate than by Neil DeGrasse.

Why aren't women lining up to have this guy's kids? Can you imagine of there were hundreds of little Neil DeGrasse's running around? Maybe they could cure cancer, maybe they could refine and make viable some type of clean alternative energy. The possibilities are endless.

Instead there are hundreds of thousands of kids running around whose dad was a professional football player or some nonsense.. and Neil DeGrasse can't even get laid.
    If he cannot get laid he is doing something wrong .
    Do something Danke

I remember seeing him on the Big Bang Theory.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Here in my Kingdom , Pluto is a planet .
    Do something Danke

I watched episode 1 of his Cosmos reboot, and he made it abundantly clear that he has only marginal interest in truth.

He's caught in a web he helped spin. I won't say much in his defense.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

That's what you get when you deny Pluto. You have to face Pluto's mighty wrath, by proxy.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson mocks conservatives and anyone who challenges the anthropogenic global warming theory.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    That's what you get when you deny Pluto. You have to face Pluto's mighty wrath, by proxy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Alpha $#@!s, Beta bucks.

Woemen are nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Neil deGrasse Tyson mocks conservatives and anyone who challenges the anthropogenic global warming theory.
    Which is why he deserves our support in this matter even more. We need to come together to fight against this #metoo bull$#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Since this involves a possible felony charge of rape alleged to have happened 30 years ago, he may start to appreciate conservative, dead white guy $#@!, like the Bill of Rights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast