Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neil deGrasse Tyson Under Investigation for Sexual Misconduct

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Since this involves a possible felony charge of rape alleged to have happened 30 years ago, he may start to appreciate conservative, dead white guy $#@!, like the Bill of Rights.
    Not unless he gets hurt really bad, like if they put him in the same prison as Cosby.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fourth Woman Accuses Neil DeGrasse Tyson of Sexual Misconduct

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...-fourth-woman/

6 Dec 2018

A fourth woman has come forward with sexual misconduct allegations against celebrity astrophysicist and Cosmos host Neil DeGrasse Tyson, less than a week after three women accused him.

According to a report from BuzzFeed, the latest unnamed woman alleges that DeGrasse Tyson approached her at a holiday party for employees of the American Museum of Natural History and later shared her concerns about further collaboration with him to her employer.

“Tyson, its most famous employee, drunkenly approached her, she said, making sexual jokes and propositioning her to join him alone in his office,” the report claims.” In a 2014 email shared with BuzzFeed News, she described the incident to her own employer in order to shoot down a proposed collaboration with Tyson.

The report also includes further testimony from Tyson’s three previous accusers. One of the women, Tchiya Amet, who claims that he drugged her and raped her in 1984. Another, Dr. Katelyn N. Allers, claims she was “felt up” by Tyson at an event in 2009, while his former assistant Ashley Watson says she was forced to quit her job because of Tyson’s unwanted advances.

DeGrasse Tyson has so far denied the first three allegations while indicating he would cooperate fully with an “impartial investigation” into the claims. In a lengthy Facebook blog post on Saturday, he gave detailed rebuttals to every alleged incident and warned of the risks of the #MeToo movement.

“I’m the accused, so why believe anything I say? Why believe me at all?” he wrote. “That brings us back to the value of an independent investigation, which FOX/NatGeo (the networks on which Cosmos and StarTalk air) announced that they will conduct. I welcome this.”

Meanwhile, Fox and National Geographic have also confirmed they take the allegations “very seriously” and will now conduct an investigation into the reports.

“We have only just become aware of the recent allegations regarding Neil deGrasse Tyson,” Fox and National Geographic said in a joint statement. “We take these matters very seriously and we are reviewing the recent reports.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I’m the accused, so why believe anything I say? Why believe me at all?” he wrote. “That brings us back to the value of an independent investigation"
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Since this involves a possible felony charge of rape alleged to have happened 30 years ago, he may start to appreciate conservative, dead white guy $#@!, like the Bill of Rights.
    Nailed it.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

“Tyson, its most famous employee, drunkenly approached her, she said, making sexual jokes and propositioning her to join him alone in his office,” the report claims.” In a 2014 email shared with BuzzFeed News, she described the incident to her own employer in order to shoot down a proposed collaboration with Tyson.
    Oh FFS. A simple :Go home, you're drunk!" wouldn't suffice?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Oh FFS. A simple :Go home, you're drunk!" wouldn't suffice?
    Not in today's world.

National Geographic Channel has pulled its long-running Neil deGrasse Tyson chat show “StarTalk” off the air, at least for now, following allegations of sexual misconduct against the famed astrophysicist. “StarTalk” will remain on hiatus as a Fox Networks Group investigation into the multiple claims continues.
    “In order to allow the investigation to occur unimpeded we chose to hold new episodes of ‘Star Talk’ until it is complete,” a Nat Geo rep told Variety. “We expect that to happen in the next few weeks at which time we’ll make a final decision.”

“Star Talk” was scheduled to air original episodes through December and up until now, but hasn’t been seen on Nat Geo since November 26. The StarTalk page on Nat Geo’s website features the first three episodes of Season 5, but makes no mention of the show’s current hiatus.

The timing of the allegations put Nat Geo in a tough position. Not only had it just promoted the return of “StarTalk,” but its much-anticipated 13-episode series “Cosmos: Possible Worlds,” the latest edition of the “Cosmos” revival hosted by Tyson, is set to premiere on March 4.
    “Cosmos: Possible Worlds” will also air on the Fox network, premiering on March 3, the night before its Nat Geo launch. With just two months before air, it would be virtually impossible for Fox and Nat Geo to replace Tyson on “Cosmos.” Not only does he narrate the series, but he’s incorporated on-camera throughout the show. Nat Geo has touted the fact that “Cosmos: Possible Worlds” will air as a global event on National Geographic in 172 countries and 43 languages, making it an important centerpiece for the network. Should Fox and Nat Geo opt to part ways with Tyson, it would require time and effort to recut the show with a new host (such as, say, executive producer Seth MacFarlane).

The “Star Talk” episodes that have already run featured guests including the late Anthony Bourdain, comedian Joe Rogan, and “The Big Bang Theory” star Simon Helberg. Episodes in the can and waiting to air include guests George R.R. Martin, former Vice President Al Gore, Weird Al Yankovic, Bill Nye, Dan Rather, Jeff Goldblum, Jack Black, James Marsden and Anna Deavere Smith.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...200533572.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Fox's investigation into sexual misconduct claims against Neil deGrasse Tyson has led to a change of schedule for Cosmos: Possible Worlds. The company has quietly removed the show's season 2 premiere from its March 3 schedule, indicating that it's waiting on the results of the investigation before making a decision on airing the science program. There's no official update on the investigation so far.

National Geographic didn't wait to take at least some action, pulling Tyson's StarTalk show from the air soon after the initial claims emerged.

More at: https://www.engadget.com/2019/02/18/...ct/?yptr=yahoo

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12