Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: George H.W. Bush has died

George H.W. Bush has died

1924 - 2018

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...dead-at-age-94
    Last edited by donnay; 11-30-2018 at 11:30 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Are you sure? There have numerous false reports in the past. Please drive a wooden stake through his heart to make sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Are you sure? There have numerous false reports in the past. Please drive a wooden stake through his heart to make sure.
    Then cut his head off.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Reminds me of an old song.
    What was it? Something about judgement or...something spreading it's wings?
    Oh yes..yes, of course.
    About the 5:00 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    If you have nothing nice to say...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Lightbulb NWO Dream Team

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

https://www.instagram.com/georgewbush/p/Bq1SJXxA-p3/

Jeb, Neil, Marvin, Doro, and I are saddened to announce that after 94 remarkable years, our dear Dad has died. George H. W. Bush was a man of the highest character and the best dad a son or daughter could ask for. The entire Bush family is deeply grateful for 41's life and love, for the compassion of those who have cared and prayed for Dad, and for the condolences of our friends and fellow citizens.

RiH
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    RiH
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I dislike speaking ill of the dead, so I'll say this now while I still have the chance: The world will be a safer place when they pull the plug.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I have no problems with it. Y'all can talk $#@! about me all you want when I die.
    "The Patriarch"

I have no problems with it. Y'all can talk $#@! about me all you want when I die.
    I will. And me, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I will. And me, too.
    I doubt there will be much about you two that hasn't already been said by then.
    Last edited by Danke; 12-01-2018 at 10:30 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

About time.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Thumbs down

Anyone who knows the history of George H Bush understands why he was an evil human being.

Let's go down just some of the list (feel free to contribute):

- He pushed gun control on "assault weapons"
    - He launched illegal military interventions in to Panama and the Persian Gulf killing thousands of people.
    - He lied about taxation (which helped cost him the election)
    - Thus he gave is the Clintons
    - He actively fought against conservatives and smaller government
    - He actively supported intervention in South America and Somolia.
    - He was deeply involved in the treasonous Iran-Contra scandal
    - He began plotting against Reagan the day he was sworn in as VP.
    - He expanded the federal government's role in education
    - He pushed NAFTA
    - He was the Ambassador to the UN
    - He was head of the CIA
    - He was a member of Skull and Bones
    - Some speculate he was involved in the JFK assassination, the John Hinckley Jr. plot, and that his family helped finance the Nazis.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Credit goes to leader Reagan who made that historic call to George HW Bush to be his VP. George W Bush had rightly said that without Reagan's foresight to pick his dad as VP, there would not have been a President GHW Bush or President George W Bush. American voters, particularly Republican voters, deserve tremendous credit also for standing by them year and year and giving them opportunity to serve America over two generations. Trump's foresight to pick Pence as VP seems no less stellar than Reagan's choice for light of conservatism to carry on long after he's gone.

Trump Offers Praise for Bush and Will Attend the Funeral

[IMG]https://static01.********/images/2018/12/02/world/02dc-bushtrump-1/merlin_147532731_2496f7d3-2977-40ba-8bdc-85d84ae7d696-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upsc ale[/IMG]
    President Trump at the Group of 20 summit meeting in Buenos Aires on Friday, where he signed a deal to replace the North American Free Trade Agreement first negotiated by former President George Bush.Credit Lukas Coch/EPA, via Shutterstock

By Peter Baker
    Dec. 1, 2018
    Mr. Trump plans to call former President George W. Bush, the son of the 41st commander in chief, to offer his condolences, the White House said in a statement. A state funeral is being arranged and Mr. Trump will designate Wednesday as a national day of mourning. Mr. Trump and the first lady will attend the funeral at the Washington National Cathedral.
    “President George H.W. Bush led a long, successful and beautiful life,” Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter on Saturday morning. “Whenever I was with him I saw his absolute joy for life and true pride in his family. His accomplishments were great from beginning to end. He was a truly wonderful man and will be missed by all!”

Just Friday, Mr. Trump signed a new trade agreement with Mexico and Canada to replace the North American Free Trade Agreement first negotiated by Mr. Bush, which he disparaged as bad for the United States. “The terrible NAFTA will soon be gone,” he wrote on Twitter.
    For his part, Mr. Bush was never impressed by Mr. Trump. “I don’t like him,” Mr. Bush told the historian Mark K. Updegrove in May 2016. “I don’t know much about him, but I know he’s a blowhard. And I’m not too excited about him being a leader.” Rather than being motivated by public service, Mr. Bush said, Mr. Trump seemed to be driven by “a certain ego.”
    But he recognized that Mr. Trump was at the forefront of change. “I’m worried that I will be the last Republican president,” he told Mr. Updegrove, who later wrote “The Last Republicans” about Mr. Bush and George W. Bush.

A spotlight on the people reshaping our politics. A conversation with voters across the country. And a guiding hand through the endless news cycle, telling you what you really need to know.

The current president sought to put that history aside on Saturday, even citing Mr. Bush’s “thousand points of light” in the written statement that he authorized aides to release in the immediate hours after the former president’s death.
    “President Bush inspired generations of his fellow Americans to public service — to be, in his words, ‘a thousand points of light’ illuminating the greatness, hope, and opportunity of America to the world,” the statement said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/01/u...e-history.html

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I doubt there will be much about your two that hasn't already been said by then.
    Her two what?
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Credit goes to leader Reagan who made that historic call to George HW Bush to be his VP. George W Bush had rightly said that without Reagan's foresight to pick his dad as VP, there would not have been a President GHW Bush or President George W Bush. American voters, particularly Republican voters, deserve tremendous credit also for standing by them year and year and giving them opportunity to serve America over two generations. Trump's foresight to pick Pence as VP seems no less stellar than Reagan's choice for light of conservatism to carry on long after he's gone.

Trump Offers Praise for Bush and Will Attend the Funeral

[IMG]https://static01.********/images/2018/12/02/world/02dc-bushtrump-1/merlin_147532731_2496f7d3-2977-40ba-8bdc-85d84ae7d696-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upsc ale[/IMG]
    President Trump at the Group of 20 summit meeting in Buenos Aires on Friday, where he signed a deal to replace the North American Free Trade Agreement first negotiated by former President George Bush.Credit Lukas Coch/EPA, via Shutterstock

By Peter Baker
    Dec. 1, 2018
    Mr. Trump plans to call former President George W. Bush, the son of the 41st commander in chief, to offer his condolences, the White House said in a statement. A state funeral is being arranged and Mr. Trump will designate Wednesday as a national day of mourning. Mr. Trump and the first lady will attend the funeral at the Washington National Cathedral.
    “President George H.W. Bush led a long, successful and beautiful life,” Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter on Saturday morning. “Whenever I was with him I saw his absolute joy for life and true pride in his family. His accomplishments were great from beginning to end. He was a truly wonderful man and will be missed by all!”

Just Friday, Mr. Trump signed a new trade agreement with Mexico and Canada to replace the North American Free Trade Agreement first negotiated by Mr. Bush, which he disparaged as bad for the United States. “The terrible NAFTA will soon be gone,” he wrote on Twitter.
    For his part, Mr. Bush was never impressed by Mr. Trump. “I don’t like him,” Mr. Bush told the historian Mark K. Updegrove in May 2016. “I don’t know much about him, but I know he’s a blowhard. And I’m not too excited about him being a leader.” Rather than being motivated by public service, Mr. Bush said, Mr. Trump seemed to be driven by “a certain ego.”
    But he recognized that Mr. Trump was at the forefront of change. “I’m worried that I will be the last Republican president,” he told Mr. Updegrove, who later wrote “The Last Republicans” about Mr. Bush and George W. Bush.

A spotlight on the people reshaping our politics. A conversation with voters across the country. And a guiding hand through the endless news cycle, telling you what you really need to know.

The current president sought to put that history aside on Saturday, even citing Mr. Bush’s “thousand points of light” in the written statement that he authorized aides to release in the immediate hours after the former president’s death.
    “President Bush inspired generations of his fellow Americans to public service — to be, in his words, ‘a thousand points of light’ illuminating the greatness, hope, and opportunity of America to the world,” the statement said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/01/u...e-history.html
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to enhanced_deficit again.
    "The Patriarch"

All I know is Ronald Reagan hated George HW Bush.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...413-story.html
    REAGAN ENDORSES BUSH-TEPIDLY
    "George Bush, who seems to need a lot of help, got as little as possible Wednesday from President Reagan, who gave his vice president a tepid political endorsement."

REAGAN AND BUSH: CALL IT A SNUB https://www.newsweek.com/reagan-and-...it-snub-196034

"Ronald Reagan is not called the Great Communicator for nothing. In one brief sentence last week, the ex-president neatly summed up his view of George Bush: "He doesn't seem to stand for anything," .... but in case anyone doubted his true feelings Reagan then refused to be seen with the president in public. He skipped a Bush fund-raiser in Los Angeles and barred the press from his house when Bush came calling....There has never been much love lost between the Bushes and the Reagans."

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Is that Don King ? I do not think I was invited .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    About time.
    I lost a silver round . I had him down to make it to 2025 .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Anyone who knows the history of George H Bush understands why he was an evil human being.

Let's go down just some of the list (feel free to contribute):

- He pushed gun control on "assault weapons"
    - He launched illegal military interventions in to Panama and the Persian Gulf killing thousands of people.
    - He lied about taxation (which helped cost him the election)
    - Thus he gave is the Clintons
    - He actively fought against conservatives and smaller government
    - He actively supported intervention in South America and Somolia.
    - He was deeply involved in the treasonous Iran-Contra scandal
    - He began plotting against Reagan the day he was sworn in as VP.
    - He expanded the federal government's role in education
    - He pushed NAFTA
    - He was the Ambassador to the UN
    - He was head of the CIA
    - He was a member of Skull and Bones
    - Some speculate he was involved in the JFK assassination, the John Hinckley Jr. plot, and that his family helped finance the Nazis.
    Thanks,, I borrowed that because it was timely and useful.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to enhanced_deficit again.

Covered.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast