Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: George H.W. Bush has died

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Code for "NWO elitist".

(One down, 999 to go ...)
    998 - McCain

Someone should let Trump know what he means by points of light. Was he saying we can MAGA now that Bush's point of light went out?

Like we've never one before. Because We are finally putting America first. We're putting America first. And by the way, you know all the rhetoric you see, the Thousand Points of Light. What the hell was that by the way? Thousands Points of Light. What did that mean? Does anyone know?

I know one thing: Make America great again, we understand. Putting America first, we understand. Thousand Points of Light, I never quite got that one. What the hell is that? Has anyone ever figured that one out? And it was put by a Republican (inaudible).https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...eat_again.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Someone should let Trump know what he means by points of light.
    Trump doesn't worry about saying stuff that means something. He just wants his blather to sound good to somebody.

The thing I remember about H.W. is nobody--nobody--particularly liked him. Republicans mainly rallied behind him to end abortion. Not exactly a brilliant strategy...

I can't even find a video of the interview where H.W. was asked if he would help Jenna get an abortion if she asked him to. He said yes. It seems to be flushed down the memory hole now. But we still have proof he was an early and major supporter of Planned Parenthood.

That was about the time abortion foes were saying, neither party will give us what we want but we're voting Republican to send a message. Better they should have held the GOP's feet to the fire.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-02-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Trump doesn't worry about saying stuff that means something. He just wants his blather to sound good to somebody.
    I googled it and landed on the points of light page. Apparently, it's for inspiring people to do good deeds and they take donations. I guess when you donate, it goes toward more inspiring.

donnay should monetize her Random Acts of Kindness thread.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

If Trump inspires people to MAGA does that make him a Point of Light?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Trump inspires people to MAGA does that make him a Point of Light?
    Of course not. He's Orange and lives in the East. He must be the whole Sun!
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.

He is a hero, according to the alternate reality news media.

George H.W. Bush Passes Away, ‘A Hero for Our Time’
    https://www.lifezette.com/2018/12/ge...-for-our-time/

George H.W. Bush: President, idealist and hero
    https://www.northjersey.com/story/op...on/2173098002/

Eye on NY: President George H.W. Bush a hero for all generations..
    https://auburnpub.com/blogs/eye_on_n...2cdf65445.html

A hero to China, Mexico and the globalist elite would be a more fitting headline.

My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

They'll never get the stench out of that plane.

Trump Will Fly the Stiff to DC, and then Back to Texas on Air Force One

President Donald Trump told reporters of the plan aboard the aircraft as they returned from the G20 summit in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

'So what we’re doing with the plane – we land, and then they come in, and these are great people that run these aircraft. They are unbelievable,' he said.

'And they’re taking apart – I don’t think this section. The section up front, They’re taking all of the seats out. ... We’re sending the plane, this plane, to Houston. And it picks up the casket.'
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

How deep this all goes:

From 1983...when GHWB was still vice pres and Bill was a young AR governor...
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    How deep this all goes:

Looking at that pic,, I am wondering if I crossed paths in 78,,(similarities to an old memory)

first spook I crossed in the wild,, a dancer named "Suzy Q" saved his life.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I don't care. I love dogs. And dogs love everybody.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And dogs love everybody.
    That has now been proven indefinitely.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Supporting Member
    Virgin Islands

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Beat me to it, go check out Garrison's site.

https://grrrgraphics.com/death-of-41/

By the way, this is the best NWO Bush video, it has all of his sales pitches and no interruptions.

Last edited by Mach; 12-03-2018 at 05:10 AM.
    Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them
    ~

Supporting Member
    Virgin Islands

How deep this all goes:

Mena, Arkansas

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them
    ~

So, the National Day of Mourning is Wednesday but I also read there are 5 days of mourning. Does that mean I have to mourn for 6 days or just 5 with Wednesday being the most important day? And when did the mourning start? Did I miss the kickoff?

So, the National Day of Mourning is Wednesday but I also read there are 5 days of mourning. Does that mean I have to mourn for 6 days or just 5 with Wednesday being the most important day? And when did the mourning start? Did I miss the kickoff?
    For me, it started in the '80s.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

Read his lips now.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The guy who gave us Spongebob dies at 57 and this $#@!stain makes it to 94?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Where are the rabid environmentalists protesting the use of a 747 to transport one six foot box?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The media coverage I have seen is pretty subdued. Kind of somber, with stories about how great GHWB was to the Whitehouse staff.

Nothing like the media reaction to Dear St. McCain’s passing. Those were more like this:

Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Kick off missed but did you figure out when they are having half time and the which NWO music acts they picked?

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Kick off missed but did you figure out when they are having half time and the which NWO music acts they picked?
    Gifelta Phish

Trump should have never went to see his open casket.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

How deep this all goes:

My dad claimed that a retired general he knew showed him a pic he had of GHWB and Clinton sitting together on a stack of marijuana bales in a hanger in AR. I never saw it, but he never gave me any reason to not believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    My dad claimed that a retired general he knew showed him a pic he had of GHWB and Clinton sitting together on a stack of marijuana bales in a hanger in AR. I never saw it, but he never gave me any reason to not believe him.
    I've seen it.

Watching the funeral. A notable quote from Sen. Alan Simpson (who can barely stand and is as charming a speaker as ever) “Hatred corrupts the vessel it is carried in.”

And the music so far has been gorgeous. Michael W. Smith will be up shortly.
    Last edited by euphemia; 12-05-2018 at 11:36 AM.
    "There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."~~Charles Kingsley

So much mendacity. It offends my ears.

Haven't seen old family friend Hinckley speak yet...

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even though Bush is the worst kind of liberal Republican and it is ridiculous today is a holiday, he did do two good things. He put Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court. And he gave FA Hayek a Presidential Medal of Freedom right before Hayek died.

It has been rather revealing how deeply loved 41 was by family and friends, and by other world leaders. Ronald Reagan was never loved like that.

My parents were of 41’s generation. I appreciate that cultured people knew now to stand, walk, and act with dignity and respect. My parents, who had very few opportunities because of the Depression, understood how people should live and treat people. Letter writing is lost art, for sure.
    "There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."~~Charles Kingsley

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast