Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American will NEVER be great again as long as these people inhabit the country

American will NEVER be great again as long as these people inhabit the country

These recent tweet threads started by our very own Massie, has convinced me that this country can never possibly be great again. Not so long that we have to share a country with the bunch of hateful losers replying to his tweets.

Last edited by specsaregood; 11-30-2018 at 07:51 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's an interesting thing that NEVER occurs to liberals when they mention XYZ state gets more than they pay in taxes. There is a simple reason. Super high income earners pay all the taxes. Large corporations, hedge funds, etc tend to be headquartered in a few blue states on the coasts.

It kind of obliterates the point that the rich don't pay taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    "My Tweets are my opinions, some are humor. Please visit my blog. The link is on my Profile. #Resist #NotMyPresident Blocked by: @realJamesWoods"

LOL

YES! A #Resistance champion!

But yeah, we're probably doomed.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    But yeah, we're probably doomed.

Seriously. These people think Massie turning down the congressional insurance is bad because he is "rich"
    Oh and he is only rich because he is a white male.

Seriously. These people think Massie turning down the congressional insurance is bad because he is "rich"
    Oh and he is only rich because he is a white male.
    Fug 'em. He's the best thing we have going IMHO. We just need to do whatever it takes to make sure he get's McConnels seat.

There will be blood or we will descend into tyranny.

Even if we achieve secession/expulsion there will be blood, the leftists in the blue enclaves will riot and if we expel the deep blue states they may go to war to stay.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

America will never be great again so long as people think politicians can make America great and the people cannot. People, for example, like thus one:

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Nah, if Trump were Ron Paul on steroids he would a bull in the china shop trying to destroy the state, as opposed to making America great again. Making America great again has a lot in common with the ideals that proponents of liberty hold, particularly when compared to the leftist commie alternative that has been roaming our front yard and knocking on the door.
    The ideals of liberty involve giving the people the freedom to make the nation great because the politicians can not do it.

The people who are too fascinated by power or too brainwashed to get that will prevent America's rise from the doldrums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    America will never be great again so long as people think politicians can make America great and the people cannot. People, for example, like thus one:

The ideals of liberty involve giving the people the freedom to make the nation great because the politicians can not do it.

The people who are too fascinated by power or too brainwashed to get that will prevent America's rise from the doldrums.
    Politicians can restore American greatness by cutting government except for its legitimate functions, Ron would have done a pretty good job if he had survived but Trump is doing a minimal job which is better than any other POTUS in a long time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Politicians can restore American greatness by cutting government except for its legitimate functions, Ron would have done a pretty good job if he had survived but Trump is doing a minimal job which is better than any other POTUS in a long time.
    No. No. No.

Politicians can not make a nation great.

Politicians can prevent people from making a nation great, or they can refrain from preventing people from making a nation great. But ticks cannot make a nation great.

Only productive people can make a nation great.

No, that is not what you said. "Cutting government except for its legitimate functions" is refraining from obstructing the people. It allows the people to make the nation great. But it does not, by itself, make a nation great.

That is a very, very, very important distinction. Vital, even. It is the very heart of conservatism.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 11-30-2018 at 07:30 PM.

Politicians don’t cut themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Politicians don’t cut themselves.
    Ron was a politician, Rand is a politician, Massie is a politician, are you saying they wouldn't cut government?
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 11-30-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ron said he would not cut Social Security or Medicare/ Medicaid to "honor the promises made" to people. Today, that leaves only a quarter of the budget you can cut (including defense). One trillion if you zero out every department including the DOD out of a $4 trillion budget.

Spending under Trump is higher- not lower (noting as always that spending is controlled by Congress and not the President). I guess higher spending would qualify as doing a "minimal job" in reducing the size of government.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-30-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Massie and Oyarde are Great , Americans , maybe not so much .
    Do something Danke

Well its going to be an incredibly long time before those people don't exist anymore within our country. It might even be impossible to get rid of them all.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 11-30-2018 at 08:07 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ron said he would not cut Social Security or Medicare/ Medicaid to "honor the promises made" to people. Today, that leaves only a quarter of the budget you can cut (including defense). One trillion if you zero out every department including the DOD out of a $4 trillion budget.

Spending under Trump is higher- not lower (noting as always that spending is controlled by Congress and not the President). I guess higher spending would qualify as doing a "minimal job" in reducing the size of government.
    There are other facets to government than the budget.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The people have to believe in freedom, too.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The people have to believe in freedom, too.
    I'm not sure that they do to make the nation great.

They just have to have freedom and use it.

These recent tweet threads started by our very own Massie, has convinced me that this country can never possibly be great again. Not so long that we have to share a country with the bunch of hateful losers replying to his tweets.

I think they have always been here, in one form or another. Can't read the tweets, apparently $#@!ter figured out how to keep me from seeing them since I refuse to delete the horribly offensive tweets I posted at some obnoxiously insulting commies there. But human garbage has always been with us.
    "The Patriarch"

I'm not sure that they do to make the nation great.

They just have to have freedom and use it.
    If they don't believe in it they won't have it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If they don't believe in it they won't have it.
    That I don't believe for a second. Freedom is freedom. If you have it, there's only so much you can do to imprison yourself.

You can vote for strong man fascists or strong woman commies and get everyone's liberty taken away. But it isn't that easy to imprison yourself.

That I don't believe for a second. Freedom is freedom. If you have it, there's only so much you can do to imprison yourself.

You can vote for strong man fascists or strong woman commies and get everyone's liberty taken away. But it isn't that easy to imprison yourself.
    If they don't believe in freedom they will vote for strong man fascists or strong woman commies.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If they don't believe in freedom they will vote for strong man fascists or strong woman commies.
    Not for four years. Americans can make the nation great in that length of time.

Trump is a "strong man".

Trump is a "strong man".
    And his supporters think politicians can make America great again, too.

If only they had listened to us, they could have had the U.S.A. halfway back to greatness by now.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump is a "strong man".
    Strong men aren't the problem, we don't have enough of them, next you will claim he is fascist but that isn't true.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ron said he would not cut Social Security or Medicare/ Medicaid to "honor the promises made" to people.

Where did he say that quote? Paul's position has has consistently been "yes" to the question of abolishing social security (example in link).

The person who said to "honor the promises made" was Ted Cruz.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

You must spread some reputation around......

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ron said he would like to allow "young people to opt out" of Social Security but that he would "honor commitments" to those who had earned any benefits. From your link:

Q: Are you still in favor of abolishing Social Security?

A: Yes, but not overnight. As a matter of fact, my program’s the only one that is going to be able to take care of the elderly. I’d like to get the young people out of it, just the younger generation, because there’s no money there, and they’re going to have to pay 50 years and they’re not going to get anything. I’d take care of all the elderly, all those who are dependent, but I would save the money from this wild spending overseas.
    He proposed the "Social Security Preservation Act" which would protect it. http://www.campaignforliberty.org/cl...ocial-security

Here is Dr. Paul’s official statement on the bill:

INTRODUCTION OF THE SOCIAL SECURITY PRESERVATION ACT

HON. RON PAUL

of Texas

in the house of representatives

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mr. PAUL. Madam Speaker, I rise to protect the integrity of the

Social Security trust fund by introducing the Social Security

Preservation Act. The Social Security Preservation Act is a rather

simple bill which states that all moneys raised by the Social Security

trust fund will be spent in payments to beneficiaries, with excess

receipts invested in interest-bearing certificates of deposit. This

will help keep Social Security trust fund moneys from being diverted to

other programs, as well as allow the fund to grow by providing for

investment in interest-bearing instruments.

The Social Security Preservation Act ensures that the government will

keep its promises to America's seniors
    that taxes collected for Social

Security will be used for Social Security. When the government taxes

Americans to fund Social Security, it promises the American people that

the money will be there for them when they retire.
    Congress has a moral

obligation to keep that promise

With federal deficits reaching historic levels, and with new demands

being made on the U.S. Treasury on an almost weekly basis, the pressure

from special interests for massive new raids on the trust fund is

greater than ever. Thus, it is vital that Congress act now to protect

the trust fund from big spending, pork-barrel politics. As a medical

doctor, I know the first step in treatment is to stop the bleeding, and

the Social Security Preservation Act stops the bleeding of the Social

Security trust fund. I therefore call upon all my colleagues,

regardless of which proposal for long-term Social Security reform they

support, to stand up for America's seniors by cosponsoring the Social

Security Preservation Act.

While he does on occasion call it "unconstitutional" he does try to support it. He himself receives Social Security.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun...efits-20120620

“I want young people to opt out of Social Security, but my goal isn’t to cut,” Paul said moments before.

Paul later clarified his remarks, saying: “I would preserve Social Security as best I can, but we want to get off.” He said he pays more into the system than he receives.

Paul, whose never-say-die presidential campaigns have made him a darling in libertarian circles and won over a loyal base of supporters, has persistently claimed that Social Security is unconstitutional, and has advocated a slow end to the program, though he has said that he would not end it were he elected president. Instead, Paul has proposed that younger Americans should have the choice to opt out of a system that he described as “on its last legs” during a tea party debate in 2011.
    He suggests phasing it out by continuing to pay any benefits anybody has earned while letting the "young folks" get out of it. The phase out could take 50 years though. He would not cut anybody's benefits. Now if the "young folks" are opting out and thus not contributing to Social Security which is a "pay as you go" program, where do you get the money to continue to pay those benefits? Either through higher taxes on something else or more government borrowing.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-01-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Ron was a politician, Rand is a politician, Massie is a politician, are you saying they wouldn't cut government?
    ^ Agreed, but you forgot Justin Amash.

I was wearing my favorite anarchist hat. The point is, nobody represents me other than me. All politicians, regardless of who they are, make choices and decisions on behalf of others which will never agree 100% of the time.

99% of the politicians would never do anything to work themselves out of a job. Politicians do not produce goods, but almost always provide bad service.

. Now if the "young folks" are opting out and thus not contributing to Social Security which is a "pay as you go" program, where do you get the money to continue to pay those benefits? Either through higher taxes on something else or more government borrowing.
    One could slowly liquidate the trust fund. Oh, wait. Dubya already did that and used the money for war.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast