Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 25 Basic Life Skills That Should Be Taught In School (But Aren't)

I'd add good mathematical instruction to the list. It's something kids don't get because many math teachers aren't that good in getting the students interested in mathematical concepts.

As Robert A. Heinlein noted, "Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best, he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear his shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.”
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    I'd add good mathematical instruction to the list. It's something kids don't get because many math teachers aren't that good in getting the students interested in mathematical concepts.

As Robert A. Heinlein noted, "Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best, he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear his shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.”
    I told my wife, "I'm Housebroke,that's as good as it gets". 34 years ago.

I am Mathematically dyslexic. a geek that can't do math.

Had an Algebra teacher recognize it,,gave me credit anyway.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now that it rains an inch a day here I think I'll be having to stress fire making skills to the youth.
    Do something Danke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12