Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump to announce gun control measures soon

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I don't dispute any of that, in fact that just makes my point. Why did he never go beyond retarded tweets and address the American people? Are you saying he couldn't have done so? Or are you saying he did just that? If you are he wasn't very effective.
    I am giving him just a little bit of credit for thinking he could work with Congress and for giving his enemies enough rope to hang themselves but I don't think he should have taken so long and he needs to start acting NOW, he has only two years left to convince me to vote for him even though I didn't last time.
    That is the whole point of my post that you replied to.

I still say he has been better than any other president in a long time but if he doesn't start acting where he can act by himself it won't be good enough.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's the $#@!ing president. He has the bully pulpit
    Not really.. everything he says the media either ignores, takes out of context or straight lies about.. the only bully pulpit he has is twitter.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I don't dispute any of that, in fact that just makes my point. Why did he never go beyond retarded tweets and address the American people? Are you saying he couldn't have done so? Or are you saying he did just that? If you are he wasn't very effective.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Not really.. everything he says the media either ignores, takes out of context or straight lies about.. the only bully pulpit he has is twitter.
    Hence the need for concrete ACTIONS NOW.

The next presidential election season is already beginning after the end of the midterms, if he was saving all his ammo for reelection then NOW is the time to start using it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    You think the media would accurately deliver a message you approved of that Trump made to the American people without lying about it to make him look bad? In turn making what he was trying to say look bad? That is nuts..

It's amazing how some people are just not able to get what is going on here after all this time..
    Last edited by dannno; 12-18-2018 at 09:37 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Hence the need for concrete ACTIONS NOW.

The next presidential election season is already beginning after the end of the midterms, if he was saving all his ammo for reelection then NOW is the time to start using it.
    Relax.

Relax.
    Relaxing is how a frog gets boiled, I have given Trump time and I intend to give him more but his time is running out.

I don't know how much time I would give him if we didn't have presidential elections every 4 years but we do and therefore he only has 2 years left and he has to start DOING things while there is still a significant fraction of that left, if he only gets around to doing things a month before the election then he will lose.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Relaxing is how a frog gets boiled, I have given Trump time and I intend to give him more but his time is running out.

I don't know how much time I would give him if we didn't have presidential elections every 4 years but we do and therefore he only has 2 years left and he has to start DOING things while there is still a significant fraction of that left, if he only gets around to doing things a month before the election then he will lose.
    I'm pretty sure he is doing his best.

I'm pretty sure he is doing his best.
    If this is his best then we are doomed, I consider it more optimistic to believe that he has been holding his fire for tactical reasons and that he will shift gears soon and come out swinging.

I needs to happen soon.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You think the media would accurately deliver a message you approved of that Trump made to the American people without lying about it to make him look bad? In turn making what he was trying to say look bad? That is nuts..

It's amazing how some people are just not able to get what is going on here after all this time..
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    LOL, ya, isn't he an incredible salesman? They're never gonna pass, or in this case, pass court muster, btw..

LOL, ya, isn't he an incredible salesman? They're never gonna pass, or in this case, pass court muster, btw..
    The only question is whether you are being mislead by the salesman as well.

That is why actions are needed NOW to show once and for all whose side he is really on.

I'll re-post this here:

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Should have made the terms of my wager longer.
    What length did you want them?

One year, instead of 6 months, I still would have won.

Two years, I'll still win. End of term. Win.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123