Thread: Mexico's Highest award for Trump son-in-law; Senator blames Trump policies for GM plants shut

Mexico's Highest award for Trump son-in-law; Senator blames Trump policies for GM plants shut

First good news, this award being given to Trump son in law is unrelated to DACA and is for him helping Mexico renegotiate NAFTA deal:

Kushner will receive highest Mexican honor on Friday
    By Jeremy Diamond, CNN
    Tue November 27, 2018
    (CNN)Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto will bestow Mexico's highest honor for foreigners on Jared Kushner on Friday in Buenos Aires, a source familiar with the matter tells CNN.

The Order of the Aztec is Mexico's highest honor for foreigners and Kushner will receive it for his role in coordinating US-Mexico relations since President Donald Trump came into office, in particular his role in helping to renegotiate the NAFTA free trade agreement.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/27/polit...nor/index.html

If confirmed, not clear how bad this news potentially could be for GOP Adelson-MAGA wing?
    Senator Brown blames MAGA policies for Ohio GM jobs going to Mexico, he seems to stop short of accusing MAGA of playing double game but still pretty harsh accusations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANEXV_llyZM

Related

GM To Cut 14,700 Jobs And Close Plants In North America

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fair trade is not Free trade. Fair trade is forced, Free trade is not. That is a Fair trade agreement, not Free.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Fair trade is not Free trade. Fair trade is forced, Free trade is not. That is a Fair trade agreement, not Free.
    Free trade doesn't exist unless both countries get rid of tariffs, subsidies and barriers.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Free trade doesn't exist unless both countries get rid of tariffs, subsidies and barriers.
    Tariffs, subsidies and barriers are imposed, all of which oppose true free market principles. You don’t fix that by legislating another forced agreement that opposes free market principles. Have you even read that USMCA, top to bottom? A true conservative wouldn’t have signed that thing let alone a free market person.

Swordsmyth = “the bandaid dude”
    Last edited by PAF; 11-28-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Tariffs, subsidies and barriers are imposed, all of which oppose true free market principles. You don’t fix that by legislating another forced agreement that opposes free market principles. Have you even read that USMCA, top to bottom? A true conservative wouldn’t have signed that thing let alone a free market person.

Swordsmyth = “the bandaid dude”
    I don't support the USMCA, I have posted threads about opposing it:

Urge your representatives to Get US Out! of NAFTA & USMCA

But you must have an agreement for both sides to get rid of tariffs, subsidies and barriers or you don't have free trade.

Letting the other side make all the rules isn't free trade.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't support the USMCA, I have posted threads about opposing it:

Urge your representatives to Get US Out! of NAFTA & USMCA

But you must have an agreement for both sides to get rid of tariffs, subsidies and barriers or you don't have free trade.

Letting the other side make all the rules isn't free trade.
    Reading that agreement, it looks to me as if our government is making all of the rules. Which we are. If that isn’t a North American Union or a precursor to it, I don’t know what qualifies.

Moot now, but who takes the first step? By your logic, do we bow to other countries until “they” decide they are good and ready?

Reading that agreement, it looks to me as if our government is making all of the rules. Which we are. If that isn’t a North American Union or a precursor to it, I don’t know what qualifies.

Moot now, but who takes the first step? By your logic, do we bow to other countries until “they” decide they are good and ready?

My whole point is that we mustn't bow to other foreign governments until they decide they are good and ready, we must fight back in the trade wars and then negotiate the lowest tariffs, subsidies and barriers that they will agree to WITHOUT the kind of sovereignty destroying elements that are in the USMCA.

We must not just cut all of our tariffs to nothing and let them pillage our economy and reduce our people to welfare bums because that isn't free trade.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.