Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Every man and woman was spawned from a single couple living up to 200,000 years ago

Exclamation Every man and woman was spawned from a single couple living up to 200,000 years ago

Well, it is The Daily Fail, but still, interesting.

All humans have SAME ancestors: Every man and woman was spawned from a single couple living up to 200,000 years ago, scientists claim

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sts-claim.html

Genetic 'bar codes' of five million animals from different species were surveyed
    The research deduced that humans and animals sprang from single pair
    This happened after a catastrophic event a long time after the last ice age

By LEIGH MCMANUS FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 10:01 EST, 24 November 2018 | UPDATED: 13:39 EST, 24 November 2018

All modern humans descended from a solitary pair who lived 100,000 to 200,000 years ago, scientists say.

Scientists surveyed the genetic 'bar codes' of five million animals - including humans - from 100,000 different species and deduced that we sprang from a single pair of adults after a catastrophic event almost wiped out the human race.

These bar codes, or snippets of DNA that reside outside the nuclei of living cells, suggest that it's not just people who came from a single pair of beings, but nine out of every 10 animal species, too

Stoeckle and Thaler, the scientists who headed the study, concluded that ninety percent of all animal species alive today come from parents that all began giving birth at roughly the same time, less than 250 thousand years ago - throwing into doubt the patterns of human evolution.

'This conclusion is very surprising,' Thaler admitted, 'and I fought against it as hard as I could.'

The new report from experts at the Rockefeller University along with from the University of Basel published the extraordinary findings in Human Evolution.

The research was led by Senior Research Associate Mark Stoeckle and Research Associate David Thaler of the University of Basel, Switzerland.

They mined 'big data' insights from the world's fast-growing genetic databases and reviewed a large literature in evolutionary theory, including Darwin.

Dr Stoeckle said: 'At a time when humans place so much emphasis on individual and group differences, maybe we should spend more time on the ways in which we resemble one another and the rest of the animal kingdom.'

The conclusions throw up considerable mystery as to why the need for human life to start again was needed such a relatively short time ago, especially since the last known extinction we know of was during the time of the dinosaurs 65 million years ago.

This opens up the possibility of an inbuilt human evolutionary process wherein we break down and die out, leaving the need to start from scratch.

We're also surprisingly similar to not just every other human, but every other species.

'If a Martian landed on Earth and met a flock of pigeons and a crowd of humans, one would not seem more diverse than the other according to the basic measure of mitochondrial DNA,' said Jesse Ausubel, Director of the Program for the Human Environment at The Rockefeller University.

'Culture, life experience and other things can make people very different but in terms of basic biology, we're like the birds,' Dr Stoeckle added.

The 'mitochondrial DNA' examined in the research is that which mothers pass down from generation to generation and it showed the 'absence of human exceptionalism.'

'One might have thought that, due to their high population numbers and wide geographic distribution, humans might have led to greater genetic diversity than other animal species,' added Stoeckle.

'At least for mitochondrial DNA, humans turn out to be low to average in genetic diversity.'

The study has been misunderstood by some religious parties who thought it meant that we all came into being in some seminal Big Bang-typed event 100,000 ago, but this isn't what the findings actually suggest.

What Stoeckle and Thaler's findings point to is that our species has to revamp far more often than we thought, and we do so in unison with all animals
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We should call them Adam and Eve.

My Neanderthal genes come from a completely different family tree however.

no mention of where that solitary pair came from though... just sayin'
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    no mention of where that solitary pair came from though... just sayin'
    Even if one subscribes to the Big Bang Theory- what caused that matter to come into existence? If it was just there, what caused it to change and explode?

I like this part:

Dr Stoeckle said: 'At a time when humans place so much emphasis on individual and group differences, maybe we should spend more time on the ways in which we resemble one another and the rest of the animal kingdom.'
    Humans are all more alike than some would like to admit.

How about more recent..Less than 10,000 years ago ..

Noah and his sons and their wives. Same resulting single family line.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

If one or the other identified as the opposite how was that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    If one or the other identified as the opposite how was that possible?
    All this gender assuming has me literally shaking.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

Some of the math in the Bible may be a bit off. Noah supposedly lived for 950 years. Depending on translation the Goliath was either six feet nine inches or nine feet tall (six cubits and a span vs four cubits and a span). https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct...nly/54.0c.html Calendars have also changed over time. There is no way to prove or disprove it.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-24-2018 at 11:58 PM.

Very interesting topic!

Yes, then it's right back into the Adam and Eve thing, so we're all from an incestral line?

Did that couple have belly buttons?

How?

---

Was just on this link earlier today, these are the main scientific theories that are currently being thrown around concerning the origin of life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Some of the math in the Bible may be a bit off. Noah supposedly lived for 950 years. Depending on translation the Goliath was either six feet nine inches or nine feet tall (six cubits and a span vs four cubits and a span). https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct...nly/54.0c.html Calendars have also changed over time. There is no way to prove or disprove it.
    That is why I left it with a 4000 year variable,,, but thanks for pointing it out.

And btw,, Goliath was Not Human.. Nor was Nimrod..

They were half human abomination.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 11-25-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

That's what I was thinking. I'm no bible expert, but was wondering why people were referring to adam and eve, when the description in article sounds more like Noah and the Arc.

eg:
    Scientists surveyed the genetic 'bar codes' of five million animals - including humans - from 100,000 different species and deduced that we sprang from a single pair of adults after a catastrophic event almost wiped out the human race.

These bar codes, or snippets of DNA that reside outside the nuclei of living cells, suggest that it's not just people who came from a single pair of beings, but nine out of every 10 animal species, too

So they aren't saying they were the first humans, but the only reproducing survivors of an event. And that 9/10 species on earth are the same way. Sounds like the Arc to me.

the Goliath was either six feet nine inches or nine feet tall
    What is a Goliath?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    What is a Goliath?
    A half human abomination,, there are several recorded in scripture.

That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
    There were giants (nephilim) in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, . . .
    They were often deformed monstrosities. And Powerful beings.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 11-26-2018 at 11:43 AM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds legit
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

What is a Goliath?
    A real palestinian .
    Do something Danke

What is a Goliath?
    That's the name of the dude who got hit in the head with a rock from the slingshot David was using.

They were often deformed monstrosities. And Powerful beings.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    A real palestinian .
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    That's the name of the dude who got hit in the head with a rock from the slingshot David was using.
    I believe his point is that zippy referred to him as "the" Goliath.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Kind of like The Danke or Billy The Kid I guess , some people are just that famous . LOL
    Do something Danke

Kind of like The Danke or Billy The Kid I guess , some people are just that famous . LOL
    It makes me wonder if this zippy's native tongue isn't English.

The French refer to France as Le (the) France for instance.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It makes me wonder if this zippy's native tongue isn't English.

The French refer to France as Le (the) France for instance.
    If Zippy is french he would know about wine .
    Do something Danke

If Zippy is french he would know about wine .
    That is just the example I know about, there may be other languages that use "the" in reference to proper names of things or people.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not me. I'm an artificially created human.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

That's why I highlighted name.

Stoeckle and Thaler, the scientists who headed the study, concluded that ninety percent of all animal species alive today come from parents that all began giving birth at roughly the same time, less than 250 thousand years ago - throwing into doubt the patterns of human evolution.
    Where did the other 10% of species come from?

Would The Goliath and The Danke fall in this category?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

Would The Goliath and The Danke fall in this category?
    Could that be how we came to have The Zippy?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Not all species were on board the ark and Noah was commanded to take more than two of some.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

the Goliath was either six feet nine inches or nine feet tall
    What is a Goliath?
    A real palestinian .
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast