Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mexico: US closes border

Mexico: US closes border

Mexico: US closes border to test resistance against migrant caravan

US authorities closed the San Ysidro border in Tijuana for at least 30 minutes on Thursday in a practice exercise designed to ward off the thousands of migrants who began amassing near the pedestrian crossing.

The closure affected only vehicle traffic moving towards the US. Army members were present, but were not called upon during the exercises.

At the same time many migrants decided to stage an indefinite sit-down at the entrance to the border bridge, thus hoping to exert pressure on US immigration authorities over their asylum application.

The migrants were closely managed by Mexican police to prevent any illegal crossings.

The situation along the border remains tense. US President Donald Trump has vowed to prevent the migrant caravan from entering the country and instead chose to bolster border security.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Practice makes perfect."

The natural BoR’s, which apply to all human beings, not just Americans. And the elimination of the right to travel freely.

So this is what it looks like. Which will encourage that Berlin Wall, Biometric ID, guns at the faces of innocent until proven guilty people.

Seeking asylum, probably to work, as Section 8 workers having multiple babies to increase their checks refuse to work those border jobs, I will get to pay more for walls and government databases, and certainly the welfare, both state and individual, that nobody, even “republicans”, want to talk about.

So much for the side of liberty and freedom as each side takes their turn every “election”.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    The natural BoR’s, which apply to all human beings, not just Americans. And the elimination of the right to travel freely.

So this is what it looks like. Which will encourage that Berlin Wall, Biometric ID, guns at the faces of innocent until proven guilty people.

Seeking asylum, probably to work, as Section 8 workers having multiple babies to increase their checks refuse to work those border jobs, I will get to pay more for walls and government databases, and certainly the welfare, both state and individual, that nobody, even “republicans”, want to talk about.

So much for the side of liberty and freedom as each side takes their turn every “election”.
    You don't have a right to travel freely. The "No Trespassing" signs along my fence are pretty absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You don't have a right to travel freely. The "No Trespassing" signs along my fence are pretty absolute.
    My “private property” has those same signs. And well protected.

The natural BoR’s, which apply to all human beings, not just Americans. And the elimination of the right to travel freely
    You have never had a right to travel freely. If you happen to have permission to visit S Korea and stray across the border, the North Koreans will arrest you and beat you and starve you. To death. Even if you get lost and you stray across the border, the Mexicans will arrest you and hold you in jail for 214 days. If you are a Christian pastor and go to live peacefully in Turkey, you can be arrested and held for trial on charges based on nothing.

Try any legimate means of crossing our border. If you don’t have the documentation, consider yourself a prisoner.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Eliminate welfare and all the problems go away. Unfortunately there are no political figures actually pushing for that as a solution to the myriad of problems that come as a result of some unspoken promise that the earners in this country will pay for everything.

Instead we have former Ron Paul supporters in bed with the MAGA movement and this country has no hope for a better future. It will destroy itself. I’m done caring though. I’m going to focus on me and not politics. The powers that control this country are far too powerful to expect any amount of voting or personal activism to make a dent and all it does is alienate people because god forbid you suggest our military isn’t doing an honorable service to the country in all the countries we have bombed with nothing to show for it.

/rant.

Let the stupid migrants in we are $#@!ed anyways
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Eliminate welfare and all the problems go away. Unfortunately there are no political figures actually pushing for that as a solution to the myriad of problems that come as a result of some unspoken promise that the earners in this country will pay for everything.

Instead we have former Ron Paul supporters in bed with the MAGA movement and this country has no hope for a better future. It will destroy itself. I’m done caring though. I’m going to focus on me and not politics. The powers that control this country are far too powerful to expect any amount of voting or personal activism to make a dent and all it does is alienate people because god forbid you suggest our military isn’t doing an honorable service to the country in all the countries we have bombed with nothing to show for it.

/rant.

AMEN.
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    You have never had a right to travel freely. If you happen to have permission to visit S Korea and stray across the border, the North Koreans will arrest you and beat you and starve you. To death. Even if you get lost and you stray across the border, the Mexicans will arrest you and hold you in jail for 214 days. If you are a Christian pastor and go to live peacefully in Turkey, you can be arrested and held for trial on charges based on nothing.

Try any legimate means of crossing our border. If you don’t have the documentation, consider yourself a prisoner.
    Korea wasn't founded on the Declaration of Independence- not to mention our original BoR. Heaven forbid we should actually go by those precepts.
    There is no spoon.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Close it down and throw away the key.

If these people were as passionate about fixing their own government as they are about forcing their way into the USA, they could be back in Honduras living like kings.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-23-2018 at 02:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    If these people were as passionate about fixing their own government as they are about forcing their way into the USA, they could be back in Honduras living like kings.
    this
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

You don't have a right to invade another country, the reason is that invaders are likely to violate the rights of the natives and the natives have a right to defend against that.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Korea wasn't founded on the Declaration of Independence- not to mention our original BoR. Heaven forbid we should actually go by those precepts.
    The BoR says nothing about a right to invade another country and the DoI declares our right to be separate and protect our rights from foreigners.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post

/rant.

The problem will not go away, if we were libertarian we would be much wealthier and the invaders would still come.
    If we keep them out we have a fighting chance to save this country, if we let them in we become the Boers and the country becomes Zimbabwe.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 11-23-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Much easier to walk on in to the U.S. There is no will to fight here and a self loathing that will put their needs before our own.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Much easier to walk on in to the U.S. There is no will to fight here and a self loathing that will put their needs before our own.
    We're fighting a rear guard action while being overrun, displaced and replaced.

I'm thinking the only thing left to do is choose sides:

Chief Joseph or Sitting Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    We're fighting a rear guard action while being overrun, displaced and replaced.

I'm thinking the only thing left to do is choose sides:

Chief Joseph or Sitting Bull.

Sitting Bull.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Just remember, it is a passive-aggressive war.

It is a game, attack passively and when the others defend themselves, play the victim.... and so on, and so on.....
    FJB

Border was not actually closed.

Migrant Caravan at Tijuana breaking barriers and skirmishing with Mexican security forces

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @Zippyjuan was telling us they would peacefully stand in line making troops deployments at the border unnecessary.

I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Sitting Bull.
    By all means, go ahead.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

"poor" migrants with $200+ smartphone and high speed phone service to upload video, record their own attacks against US border patrol:

I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

The problem will not go away, if we were libertarian we would be much wealthier and the invaders would still come.
    If we keep them out we have a fighting chance to save this country, if we let them in we become the Boers and the country becomes Zimbabwe.
    Just about every issue including this one is moot. You and most other “republicans” are the problem.

If all of the “republicans” in this country stood on principle, which you don’t, and called their representatives across this country, which you don’t, the same way they are dedicated to “voting”, which you are, perhaps putting an End to the Welfare could succeed and there would be no need for a Berlin Wall, biometrics or other police state tactics that line the modernized MIC, which it will.

congress/senate/corporatist statists love people like you, because as long as bandaids are applied they continue to profit while enslaving human beings - on all sides of the borders - insert country name [here].

Just about every issue including this one is moot. You and most other “republicans” are the problem.

If all of the “republicans” in this country stood on principle, which you don’t, and called their representatives across this country, which you don’t, the same way they are dedicated to “voting”, which you are, perhaps putting an End to the Welfare could succeed and there would be no need for a Berlin Wall, biometrics or other police state tactics that line the modernized MIC, which it will.

congress/senate/corporatist statists love people like you, because as long as bandaids are applied they continue to profit while enslaving human beings - on all sides of the borders - insert country name [here].
    This is just short sighted open borders ridiculousness. Imagine the USA is a Libertarian utopia, there will still be billions of people living in $#@!hole countries that will want to move here, those people wont be libertarians, and they will vote away the Libertarian utopia within a single generation. Isn't that what already happened in the USA? As more and more people settled in the USA, the further and more destructive to the constitution the general mindset has become.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    This is just short sighted open borders ridiculousness. Imagine the USA is a Libertarian utopia, there will still be billions of people living in $#@!hole countries that will want to move here, those people wont be libertarians, and they will vote away the Libertarian utopia within a single generation. Isn't that what already happened in the USA? As more and more people settled in the USA, the further and more destructive to the constitution the general mindset has become.
    2 wrongs don’t make a right. Sacrificing liberty for security... I guess the old saying is true “you can’t stop the change”. Welcome Berlin Wall, Biometrics, federal databases, rising prices because nobody in Section 8 will work those border jobs, eminent domain and continued/endless Welfare. Get used to it, it’s the “only way”.

PS, the constitution, Bill of Rights becomes even more moot, according to your logic.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast