Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rep. Tulsi Gabbard says Trump is "Saudi Arabia's bitch" in tweet

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard says Trump is "Saudi Arabia's bitch" in tweet

Even if GOP Globalist Adelson/MAGA Camp survived till 2020, its longterm propspects are starting to look bleak. That said, Tulsi could have caused even bigger controversy had she called MAGA our close ally "Israel's b-word":

November 21, 2018, 1:54 PM

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard says Trump is "Saudi Arabia's bitch" in tweet

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, a National Guard veteran who did two tours in the Middle East, said in a tweet that President Trump is "Saudi Arabia's bitch" for announcing the U.S. will stand with Saudi Arabia, regardless of any intelligence community assessment on Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's involvement in the killing of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi.
    "Hey @realdonaldtrump: being Saudi Arabia's bitch is not "America First,"" Gabbard tweeted. Mr. Trump has justified his stance on Saudi Arabia by saying that the country is a key partner in national security and a large buyer of U.S. weapons.
    Last week, Gabbard also called for an end to any U.S. involvement in the Saudi intervention in the war in Yemen which has caused a humanitarian crisis. "It is long overdue that we end U.S. complicity in Saudi Arabia's atrocities," said Gabbard. "We must end all U.S. support for Saudi Arabia's genocidal war in Yemen now."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rep-tul...itch-in-tweet/

Related

Top Republicans slam Trump for backing Saudi Arabia following US journalist torture/killing

Congressman Joaquin Castro accuses Kushner of orchestrating killing of Khashoggi

Jared Kushner is reportedly urging Trump to stand by the Saudi crown prince until the Khashoggi crisis blows over

Oct. 19, 2018

• Jared Kushner, President Donald Trump's Middle East adviser, is close to Saudi Arabia's millennial crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, and is said to have talked to him on WhatsApp.
    • According to The New York Times, Kushner has been privately urging Trump to stand by Saudi Arabia, asserting that the episode will blow over in time.

https://www.thisisinsider.com/kushne...report-2018-10

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And she is the CFR's.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    MAGA's globalist top funder was also supporter of CFR if I'm not mistaken (on top of calling for dropping atom bomb on Iran and raising big money for Israel military in American on US Veterans day)?
    Perhaps but she is a member.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I like that girl... I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    https://www.thenewamerican.com/freedom-index

Dist.2: Tulsi Gabbard - 31%

H RES 397: NATO
    Vote Date: June 27, 2017 Vote: AYE Bad Vote.
    This legislation (H. Res. 397) “solemnly reaffirms the commitment of the United States to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s principle of collective defense as enumerated in Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty.” Under Article 5, the member nations of the NATO military alliance “agree that an armed attack against one or more of them ... shall be considered an attack against them all.”

The House passed H. Res. 397 on June 27, 2017 by a lopsided vote of 423 to 4 (Roll Call 328). We have assigned pluses to the nays not only because the United States should stay clear of entangling alliances such as NATO, but also because the NATO provision that obligates the United States to go to war if any member of NATO is attacked undermines the provision in the U.S. Constitution that assigns to Congress the power to declare war. Moreover, the number of nations that the United States has pledged to defend under NATO has grown from 11 to 28 over the years, as the alliance itself has grown from 12 member nations (including the United States) when NATO was created in 1949 to 29 today. Although NATO was ostensibly formed to counter the threat from the Soviet bloc of nations, some of the nations the United States is now pledged to defend under NATO were once part of that bloc, including Albania, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic (as part of Czechoslovakia), Hungary, Poland, and Romania.

H R 5293: Authorization for Use of Military Force
    Vote Date: June 16, 2016 Vote: NAY Bad Vote.
    During consideration of the Defense Appropriations bill (H.R. 5293), Representative Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) introduced an amendment to prohibit the use of funds in the bill for the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force Act. Enacted in the wake of 9/11, the AUMF authorized the president to “use all necessary and appropriate force” against the terrorists involved, as well as those who aided or harbored them. It was used as the authorization for U.S. military entry into Afghanistan in 2001, and over the years has also been invoked on other occasions by the executive branch to justify U.S. military intervention abroad.

The House rejected Lee’s amendment on June 16, 2016 by a vote of 146 to 274 (Roll Call 330). We have assigned pluses to the yeas because presidents have been able to claim broad authority to go to war whenever or wherever they choose under the AUMF, despite the fact that the Founding Fathers never intended for one man to make this decision, and under the Constitution only Congress may “declare war.”

H R 4909: Use of Military Force
    Vote Date: May 18, 2016 Vote: NAY Bad Vote.
    During consideration of the National Defense Authorization Act (H.R. 4909), Representative Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) introduced an amendment to repeal the Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF) that was enacted in 2001 for the purpose of authorizing U.S. military intervention in Afghanistan in the wake of the 9/11 terror attacks. Since then, however, the AUMF has been invoked numerous times by the executive branch for U.S. military intervention not only in Afghanistan but elsewhere.

The House rejected Lee’s amendment on May 18, 2016 by a vote of 138 to 285 (Roll Call 210). We have assigned pluses to the yeas because presidents have been able to claim broad authority to go to war whenever or wherever they choose under the AUMF, despite the fact that the Founding Fathers never intended for one man to make this decision, and under the Constitution only Congress may “declare war.”

H RES 162: Calling on the President to provide Ukraine with military assistance to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity.
    Vote Date: March 23, 2015 Vote: AYE Bad Vote.
    Ukraine Military Aid.
    House Resolution 162, which calls on the president "to provide Ukraine with military assistance to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity," allows President Obama to provide Ukraine with defensive weapons to defend against aggression from Russia.

The House adopted H. Res. 162 on March 23, 2015 by a vote of 348 to 48 (Roll Call 131). We have assigned pluses to the nays not only because foreign aid is unconstitutional but also because this bill would further interject the United States into a foreign conflict. Allowing the U.S. president to provide lethal arms to Ukraine in order to fight Russia is tantamount to waging a proxy war on Russia without the constitutionally required congressional declaration of war. The House, by giving such power to the president, is relinquishing one of its constitutional responsibilities.

H R 4870: On Agreeing to the Amendment 51 to H R 4870
    Vote Date: June 19, 2014 Vote: NAY Bad Vote.
    Weapons to Syrian Rebels.
    During consideration of the Defense Appropriations bill, Representative Jeff Fortenberry (R-Neb.) introduced an amendment that would have prohibited any funding in the bill from being used to provide weapons to Syrian rebels. Fortenberry noted on the House floor that "the rebel movement is a battleground of shifting alliances and bloody conflicts between groups that now include multinational terrorist organizations," that "sending our weapons into this chaotic war zone could inadvertently help these extremists," and that "it has already happened." He added: "The naive notion that we can deliver weapons to vetted, moderate opposition groups at war with other rebel militias gives no guarantee that our weaponry won't be seized or diverted."

The House rejected Fortenberry's amendment on June 19, 2014 by a vote of 167 to 244 (Roll Call 328). We have assigned pluses to the yeas because arming "moderate" rebels in a foreign country is tantamount to going to war, which would require a declaration of war by Congress. Also, the United States should follow the Founders' advice not to become involved in foreign quarrels

H R 4152: To provide for the costs of loan guarantees for Ukraine
    Vote Date: April 1, 2014 Vote: AYE Bad Vote.
    Ukraine Aid.

This bill (H.R. 4152), as amended by the Senate (see Senate vote below), would provide $150 million for direct aid to Ukraine. It would also provide for loan guarantees (meaning that U.S. taxpayers would be stuck holding the bag if the loans are not paid). And it would impose sanctions on Russian and ex-Ukrainian officials deemed responsible for the crisis in the Ukraine.

[ The Senate version of this legislation - offered in the form of a substitute amendment to the House version, H.R. 4152 - would provide $150 million for direct aid to Ukraine. It would also provide for loan guarantees (meaning that the U.S. taxpayers would be stuck holding the bag if the loans are not paid). And it would impose sanctions on Russian and ex-Ukrainian officials deemed responsible for the crisis in the Ukraine. ]

The House voted for this legislation on April 1, 2014 by a vote of 378 to 34 (Roll Call 149). We have assigned pluses to the nays because foreign aid is unconstitutional. The rationale for providing U.S. aid to Ukraine is that the country needs our assistance to resist Russian hegemony and build "democracy." Yet the oligarchs wielding power in Ukraine are hardly "democrats," and (because money is fungible) U.S. assistance could effectively be funneled to Russia in the form of Ukrainian energy and debt payments.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Well shes not wrong.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Spot on!!!

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Perhaps but she is a member.
    Is CFR bad for America/ too globalist?

Do you see MAGA as a globalist or America Firster?

Trump selects CFR member Neil Gorsuch as his nominee to the Supreme Court

Trump selects CFR member John Abizaid as US ambassador to Saudi Arabia

Trump selects CFR member McMaster as his National Security Advisor

Trump selects America Firster Sheldon Adelson as his top funder

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Well shes not wrong.
    Nope.
    "The Patriarch"

Is CFR bad for America/ too globalist?

Trump selects CFR member Neil Gorsuch as his nominee to the Supreme Court

Trump selects CFR member John Abizaid as US ambassador to Saudi Arabia

Trump selects CFR member McMaster as his National Security Advisor

Trump selects America Firster Sheldon Adelson as his top funder
    CFR is very bad, Gorsuch seems to be better than I would expect from a CFR member but SCOTUS has little to do with foreign relations.
    I would be willing to give Gabbard benefit of doubt since not all members always are in harmony with a given organization but her voting history removes any doubt.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

CFR is very bad, Gorsuch seems to be better than I would expect from a CFR member but SCOTUS has little to do with foreign relations.
    I would be willing to give Gabbard benefit of doubt since not all members always are in harmony with a given organization but her voting history removes any doubt.
    Couldn't you say the same thing about Trumps appointments?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Couldn't you say the same thing about Trumps appointments?
    I don't defend most of his appointments and his record is mixed, even if you say her record is mixed it isn't nearly as good as Trump's.

I have always said that I would vote for someone better than Trump given the opportunity.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't defend most of his appointments and his record is mixed, even if you say her record is mixed it isn't nearly as good as Trump's.

I have always said that I would vote for someone better than Trump given the opportunity.
    I highly doubt you will get the opportunity, history is on my side on this. In fact, I would bet on it.

Please don't take this as a endorsement.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I highly doubt you will get the opportunity, history is on my side on this. In fact, I would bet on it.

Please don't take this as a endorsement.
    I expect that you are right.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Your initial view about CFR membership seemed pretty black n white / cause for outright repudiation. But now that a list of Trump CFR members nominees to very high positions has been added, yourview is more nuanced. You seem to be reflexively defending MAGA . What is swamp, selling of principles for money.

You didn't answer the question though.

And Courts have a lot to do with foreign policy, a globalist/war lobbies's man on the court can make a huge difference:

Kavanaugh's role in Bush-era torture debate now an issue in his Supreme Court nomination
    President George W. Bush watches the swearing-in of Brett Kavanaugh as Judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia on June 1, 2006.

High Court blocks bid to prosecute Tony Blair over Iraq War
    Jul 31, 2017

Your initial view about CFR membership seemed pretty black n white / cause for outright repudiation. But now that a list of Trump CFR members nominees to very high positions has been added, yourview is more nuanced. You seem to be reflexively defending MAGA . What is swamp, selling of principles for money.
    My initial view expressed in this post was that Gabbard was demonstrably a bad member of the bad CFR, my statement on Gorsuch speaks for itself and I said nothing good about any of the others.
    CFR membership is a black mark on anyone and anyone who has it must do things to prove that they deserve to be considered an exception.

You didn't answer the question though.

I don't believe him to be purely one or the other but I believe that he is more of an America Firster.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

My initial view expressed in this post was that Gabbard was demonstrably a bad member of the bad CFR, my statement on Gorsuch speaks for itself and I said nothing good about any of the others.
    CFR membership is a black mark on anyone and anyone who has it must do things to prove that they deserve to be considered an exception.

I don't believe him to be purely one or the other but I believe that he is more of an America Firster.
    Ok, fair enough.
    I'm afraid he could end up being "America Firster" sort of like W Bush was before/during Iraqi Freedom war that brought reactionary tide of Barack Hussein Obama and now stable genius MAGA.

If History is any guide, years from now Al Syrian Hussein Al Yemeni 2.0 could follow as a reaction to current policies of putting oily money interests above sound principles to justify foreign interventions and butchery.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    Donald Trump: You are fired from the job

Clearly the neocons do not like the new Saudi regime.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Clearly the neocons do not like the new Saudi regime.
    Is it better or worse for us to have our enemies divided and fighting among themselves?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whoever believes this is so $#@!ing dumb. Saudi Arabia couldn't last two weeks without us, they are literally surrounded by people that hate them and they are dependent on our defense. They would be dead without us.

Now if she could have just extended this to include Israel and the war lobby and the fact that all previous presidents over the last 60 years have done the same, then we are getting somewhere.

Something tells me she can't go after them quite as hard as a safe target like Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Champuckett View Post
    Now if she could have just extended this to include Israel and the war lobby and the fact that all previous presidents over the last 60 years have done the same, then we are getting somewhere.

Something tells me she can't go after them quite as hard as a safe target like Trump.
    The left would be defending Saudi Arabia no matter which day of the week ended in Y or who is president. Its a religion in itself, I had a teacher who was married to some guy from Saudi Arabia, richest teacher you've ever seen. She would praise Saudi Arabia but when I asked why she doesn't live in Saudi Arabia if its so great, if its so great why couldn't she drive in Saudi Arabia I asked her? If its so great why does she live here instead of there?

Member when Rand Paul called Trump an "orange faced windbag" ha that was funny.

The internal politics of Saudi Arabia are of no concern to the USA. We don't provide them any foreign aid. We are trading partners and they buy our stuff. I don't care who murdered who in a consulate in Istanbul.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Member when Rand Paul called Trump an "orange faced windbag" ha that was funny.

The internal politics of Saudi Arabia are of no concern to the USA. We don't provide them any foreign aid. We are trading partners and they buy our stuff. I don't care who murdered who in a consulate in Istanbul.
    Yemen and our involvement do concern me but other than stopping our involvement we shouldn't do anything about that either.
    Noninterventionism means minding your own business.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast