Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American killed by tribemen in Indian islands

American killed by tribemen in Indian islands

Donald Trump will make laws there ??

Read all: https://sgtalk.org/mybb

Local media say he was a missionary/priest
    Last edited by Itsback; 01-12-2019 at 08:48 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Uh oh...

Brown people killed a Christian. Looks like we're going to war with North Sentinel island.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

The tribemen must have been Republicans. Had they been Democrats there would have been bow control laws, so they wouldn't have been armed. So there is a bright side.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Uh oh...

Brown people killed a Christian. Looks like we're going to war with North Sentinel island.
    Worse than that they don't even know how to use money. How are they going to pay taxes?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    The tribemen must have been Republicans. Had they been Democrats there would have been bow control laws, so they wouldn't have been armed. So there is a bright side.
    98% of missionary slayings occur in bow-free zones.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Sounds like the problem we use to have with Injuns.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Laughing at the expense of a young missionary who lost his life, what a disgusting place this has become at times.

Article to an actual news site on topic.

American apparently killed by tribe's arrows on remote island is identified
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/north-s...remote-island/

John Allen Chau: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
    https://heavy.com/news/2018/11/john-allen-chau/
    Last edited by kahless; 11-21-2018 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Laughing at the expense of a young missionary who lost his life, what a disgusting place this has become at times
    How can India allow such tribes to be legal when H1-B visas want U. S citizenship from 10 years jobs/working in USA ??

U.S President is the leader of the free world.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Laughing at the expense of a young missionary who lost his life, what a disgusting place this has become at times.
    The guy did Darwin himself, and you have to be pretty self-absorbed to attempt what he did. These people are left alone for a reason, namely that they have made it very clear that they want to be left alone. If he had respected their wishes instead of putting his own wishes first, he wouldn't be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
    The guy did Darwin himself, and you have to be pretty self-absorbed to attempt what he did. These people are left alone for a reason, namely that they have made it very clear that they want to be left alone. If he had respected their wishes instead of putting his own wishes first, he wouldn't be dead.
    Christians are commanded by Christ to go forth and spread the gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And also commanded to "do to others what you would have them do to you". Which I think would include not pestering people when your presence clearly isn't welcome.

I'm more in the "Let's not presume to know what God wants you to do" school. Deus vult smacks a little too much of arrogance and self-importance IMO.

And also commanded to "do to others what you would have them do to you". Which I think would include not pestering people when your presence clearly isn't welcome.

I'm more in the "Let's not presume to know what God wants you to do" school. Deus vult smacks a little too much of arrogance and self-importance IMO.
    Oh, I'm not arguing the point one way or the other.

Just saying, it is what Christ himself told Christians to do.

And they have a long history of being killed for doing it. Hopefully this young man was aware of that.

And he (Christ) said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." Mark 16: 15-16

U.S President is the leader of the free world.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Sounds like the problem we use to have with Injuns.
    Nobody actually saw this guy get shot with arrows . Those islands are illegal to visit , probably a set up by some developer that wants it to build a hotel on .
    Do something Danke

Article to an actual news site on topic.

American apparently killed by tribe's arrows on remote island is identified
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/north-s...remote-island/

John Allen Chau: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
    https://heavy.com/news/2018/11/john-allen-chau/
    I would say he was a very brave young man . I could have used him around here .
    Do something Danke

I don't care about the guy one way or another. What pisses me off is the double standard. What do you think would happen if you put a "No Trespassing" sign up on your property, then shot a Jehovah's Witness and buried him at edge of your property line?

I would side with you, but we both know the masses of people chortling over this guy's naivety would not hesitate to condemn you as a murderer.

I am pissed, I guess, that these $#@!ers are allowed to live free and I am not.
    Last edited by angelatc; 11-23-2018 at 11:59 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I don't care about the guy one way or another. What pisses me off is the double standard. What do you think would happen if you put a "No Trespassing" sign up on your property, then shot a Jehovah's Witness and buried him at edge of your property line?

I would side with you, but we both know the masses of people chortling over this guy's naivety would not hesitate to condemn you as a murderer.

I am pissed, I guess, that these $#@!ers are allowed to live free and I am not.
    The guy wasn't naive. He knew what he was getting into. According to an account I read, he went to the island on the 15th got shot with arrows, they smashed his canoe and had to swim back to the fisherman's boat. What does he do the next day? Goes back. He wrote a letter to his parents saying if he died, not to think he was crazy or be mad at the tribe but he felt like he needed to share the Gospel with them.

I actually posted an article on this tribe a year or so ago. If I know about them and know not to go near their island, I suspect this fellow knew the risks, as well.

As far as the JW analogy goes, I wouldn't have a problem with someone shooting them - especially if they were given a warning, a warning shot, and if the homeowner had a checkered history with trespassers. Apparently, the British colonized the island at one point killed almost all the natives and the Indian government has laws against disturbing them because they have no immunity to modern disease. That Christian could've spread a lot more than the Gospel to those people but I guess he figured he was it was worth it. It's a shame the young man lost his life but damn...

Hopefully, they are left alone because I saw a headline saying some Christian group is calling for justice to be served on the tribe. I didn't read the article. Could be fake news but who knows in this crazy world.

I'm not pissed but I am jealous. I'd love to have an island I could defend with spears and bow and arrows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

If they are not punished, they will murder again.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

Hopefully, they are left alone because I saw a headline saying some Christian group is calling for justice to be served on the tribe. I didn't read the article. Could be fake news but who knows in this crazy world.
    Christians are not a protected species. However, if this had been a journalist, the story we are hearing would have a much different tone.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Christians are not a protected species. However, if this had been a journalist, the story we are hearing would have a much different tone.
    By the people on this forum? Or in the media?

Personally, I haven't noticed the MSM being hard on the man but I'm sure it's out there.

IMO, it was a dumb thing to do if you're a preacher or a journalist.

I was just sitting here thinking about how I'd feel if that preacher had shown up at my house with a soccer ball, a fish, and a Bible and then I thought about how I'd feel about a journalist showing up to my house. I'd definitely be meaner to the journalist. I do not want to end up on the 6 o'clock news. Plus, Mr A hates journalists. He'd yell at them to leave. When church people show up, he turns off the tv and hides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

The Islanders just wanted to be left alone. I can understand that sentiment.

Worse than that they don't even know how to use money. How are they going to pay taxes?
    Are you sure they aren’t using any type of currency for exchange? In that case, they may need to be liberated and introduced to Democracy, and then they can institute that global symbol of civilization, a central bank.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    The guy wasn't naive. He knew what he was getting into. According to an account I read, he went to the island on the 15th got shot with arrows, they smashed his canoe and had to swim back to the fisherman's boat. What does he do the next day? Goes back. He wrote a letter to his parents saying if he died, not to think he was crazy or be mad at the tribe but he felt like he needed to share the Gospel with them.

I actually posted an article on this tribe a year or so ago. If I know about them and know not to go near their island, I suspect this fellow knew the risks, as well.

As far as the JW analogy goes, I wouldn't have a problem with someone shooting them - especially if they were given a warning, a warning shot, and if the homeowner had a checkered history with trespassers. Apparently, the British colonized the island at one point killed almost all the natives and the Indian government has laws against disturbing them because they have no immunity to modern disease. That Christian could've spread a lot more than the Gospel to those people but I guess he figured he was it was worth it. It's a shame the young man lost his life but damn...

I'm not pissed but I am jealous. I'd love to have an island I could defend with spears and bow and arrows.
    This. Also there is a big difference between pestering a sovereign nation (which is actually what this tribe) who has no way to understanding why you are encroaching on its territory and a regular citizen who is aware of US laws and customs

Wish I can rep this post

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It's not "presuming" anything. Try reading the Bible.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    It's not "presuming" anything. Try reading the Bible.
    As an argument, "because Bible" is beyond terrible. Maybe it's my Lutheran heritage, but I really try not to push "my" version of Christianity on others. Because it just doesn't make sense. As far as I'm concerned, religion is personal, and people pushing their (not God's, their) faith on others are dicks. Because claiming that you know God's will better than others - that your interpretation of scripture is correct - makes you an arrogant A-hole in my book.

This guy invading the private space of these islanders is no different from some Jehovah's Witness breaking into your home and trying to force you into what in their mind is the "correct" religion.

Thinking that you know what God wants means elevating yourself into the position of God. For some reason, if there is a Heaven, I don't think anyone who presumes - yes, presumes - to know God's will can ever make it there.

This guy invading the private space of these islanders is no different from some Jehovah's Witness breaking into your home and trying to force you into what in their mind is the "correct" religion.
    It's actually worse because, as Suzanimal mentions above, these people have no natural immunity to Western diseases. The guy trying to get to them was actually a biohazard.

I'll bet those folks didn't want to be forced to pay for roads.

Killer tribe gets 500 coconuts from people

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExdEHU02Zk0

As an argument, "because Bible" is beyond terrible. Maybe it's my Lutheran heritage, but I really try not to push "my" version of Christianity on others. Because it just doesn't make sense. As far as I'm concerned, religion is personal, and people pushing their (not God's, their) faith on others are dicks. Because claiming that you know God's will better than others - that your interpretation of scripture is correct - makes you an arrogant A-hole in my book.

Thinking that you know what God wants means elevating yourself into the position of God. For some reason, if there is a Heaven, I don't think anyone who presumes - yes, presumes - to know God's will can ever make it there.

I dont profess to be the Christian scholar here, but I think one of Christ's teachings was to be a fisher of men. To save people, and spread the word. That being said, there is a line between saving someone and harassment. Some people (tribes) are just not receptive to the message. For some reason this missionary chose to ignore the many billions of others who might be receptive to his message, and chose to impose upon these "primitive people". From what I recall of the story, God may have sent this guy plenty of signs that he was trespassing, and it would not end well. I would chalk this unfortunate situation up to a personal sacrifice. Some people mistakenly think that good deeds alone will buy your way into heaven... Its a shame really, but at least people are not vilifying the tribe - perhaps its because the guy was a Christian missionary (defacto bad guy by today's standards)

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast