Thread: Crime Plummets After QuikTrip Stores Add Good Guys with Guns

Crime Plummets After QuikTrip Stores Add Good Guys with Guns

QuikTrip convenience stores added good guys with guns in Wichita, Kansas, and the results were so good that they are expanding the program to stores in other areas.

The NRA noted, “After implementing the new strategy at its Wichita, Kansas locations and seeing success, QuikTrip, the massive gas station and convenience store chain said it would expand the policy to other stores.”
    KWCH reports that the good guys with guns will be armed security, but QuikTrip also left the door open to armed clerks in situations where the clerks “have previous experience and necessary licenses.”
    QuikTrip stores in Tulsa will soon get good guys with guns, as those stores are the targets of repeated crime.
    KTUL spoke with QuikTrip’s Mike Thornbrugh about adding good with guns in the Tulsa area. He said, “The police and sheriff’s department has bent over backwards to help us, and we really appreciate it. But there’s simply not enough of them to make a dent. That’s where the armed employees come in.”

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...uys-with-guns/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://cbs6albany.com/news/nation-w...era-11-20-2018

Fight between Oklahoma security guard and customer caught on camera

TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) -- A fight between privately-hired security guard for the convenience store QuickTrip and a customer is now raising concerns.

The heated moment was filmed in Tulsa, Oklahoma by another customer also shopping at the store. Now the video is being shared all over social media.

“Nobody wants to see that type of reaction, but we don’t have all the details," explained Mike Thornbrugh, a representative for QuikTrip. “I don’t know anything about the individual nor do I know what led up to it. All I know is from the snippet of what we saw, and that’s not the way we want to do business.”

The video shows the QuickTrip customer and a security guard exchanging words, then it escalates. You can see the security guard grabbing the customer, then throwing him against a shelf, prompting the other customers to jump in and break up the fight.

Thornbrugh said they're trying to figure out what happened with the private security company.

That particular store already has 24-hour security provided, and we also employ off-duty law enforcement to assist us as well," he said.

QuickTrip stands by their efforts to hire their armed employees.

“Our concept is we really want to try and practice community policing. We need to de-escalate everything that you possibly can," Thornbrugh said, but that didn't happen in this case.

“Unfortunately, that entire area has got some issues that need to be addressed, and QuikTrip is not immune from it," said Thornbrugh.

He did confirm this QuickTrip will be one of the stores to get an armed employee.

“There’s been an overwhelming, positive response, and I’m confident there are many employees that have the background security as all the credentialing that we’re looking for. But the most difficult part is always finding someone who believes and practices QuikTrip’s culture," he said.

We reached out to Diamond Security Services who did confirm it is their employee in the video, and they had no further comment.

Video at link.

Soon there will be an automatic weapon that is remotely controlled by a security team that monitors more than one place at the same time. No need to have armed guards. Live weapons fired remotely at robbers. After a few people get shot, robberies will diminish.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Soon there will be an automatic weapon that is remotely controlled by a security team that monitors more than one place at the same time. No need to have armed guards. Live weapons fired remotely at robbers. After a few people get shot, robberies will diminish.
    I think just a giant bug zapper at the door- hit em on the way out. Like those mostly useless alarm things they currently have.