Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump: ‘I Like Nancy Pelosi’ and Will Help Her Win Race for Speaker

Exclamation Trump: ‘I Like Nancy Pelosi’ and Will Help Her Win Race for Speaker

Donald Trump: ‘I Like Nancy Pelosi’ and Will Help Her Win Race for Speaker

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-race-speaker/

17 Nov 2018

President Donald Trump promised again on Saturday that he will help Rep. Nancy Pelosi win her race for speaker of the House of Representatives.
    “She may need some votes. I will perform a wonderful service for her. I like her,” Trump said. “Can you believe it? I like Nancy Pelosi. She’s tough, and she’s smart, but she deserves to be speaker.”

The president discussed Pelosi’s bid for speaker on Saturday as he left the White House for his trip to California to view the devastation from the wildfires.

Trump criticized Democrats for “playing games” and “harassing” Pelosi but said he has plenty of Republican votes that he would get for her.

“I don’t imagine that she’d need too many, but whatever number of votes she needs … she’s got them from me automatically,” Trump said. “Tell the opposition, they’re wasting their time.”

Trump also voiced his support for Pelosi on Twitter.

“She deserves this victory, she has earned it,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “But there are those in her party who are trying to take it away. She will win!”

Pelosi needs 218 votes to become speaker in the House, and seventeen Democrats have signed a letter opposing her. Pelosi remains confident that she can withstand any challenge to her leadership position.

“I have overwhelming support in my caucus to be speaker of the House,” she said during a press conference on Thursday, claiming she had the votes necessary to win.

But Rep. Marcia Fudge confirmed that she is thinking about running, working to galvanize support before she makes a decision.

“I’ve been overwhelmed by the amount of support I’ve received,” she said to the Washington Post, guessing that approximately 30 Democrats are opposed to Pelosi.

Trump also expressed his support for Pelosi after the midterm elections, clarifying that he was sincere.

“There was nothing sarcastic about it,” he said. “It was really meant with very good intentions. I think she deserves it. She’s fought long and hard. She’s a very capable person.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL

Can you imagine the Demoncrat civil war that will break out if she wins with Republican votes?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I think Trump can't wait to put her over his proverbial knee and spank her proverbial bottom.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Team work.

Trump: "Nancy Pelosi loves this country"

Obama MAGA/Pelosi could LOCK DOWN the Intarwebs!

The Truth About Nancy Pelosi

San Francisco's one current representative in Congress is Nancy Pelosi. Some view her positively, and she can talk the talk when in the right company. But she doesn't walk the walk on the biggest issues. In many ways, she's simply out of step with San Francisco.
    Consider the Iraq War and the Patriot Act – issues on which the San Francisco Board of Supervisors and her constituents are on the record. On both issues, she's voted against the stated views of the people she represents. We live in a democracy, and she should expect to be held accountable for such votes.

1. WAR on Iraq

• March 20, 2003 - The day after the war on Iraq was launched, as thousands upon thousands of her constituents were marching in the streets of San Francisco protesting the unilateral invasion, Pelosi was in Congress condemning the demonstrators. She voted that very day for a resolution declaring "unequivocal support and appreciation to the president...for his firm leadership and decisive action." And she used her leadership position in Congress to urge others to sign on to the resolution.
    • November 2, 2004 - In a referendum put to Pelosi's constituents, 63% voted in favor of the statement, "The federal government should take immediate steps to end the U.S. occupation of Iraq and bring our troops safely home now." This number, 63%, is surely low, as the entire city of San Francisco voted on it, while Pelosi only represents the city's more progressive eastern half.
    • January 12, 2005 - Two months after the November referendum, Bay Area Congressional Representatives Lynn Woolsey, Barbara Lee, Pete Stark, and Sam Farr joined Democratic colleagues from across the country in signing a letter to President Bush calling for the withdrawal of American troops from Iraq. Pelosi conspicuously refused to sign on.
    • November 17, 2005 - Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) made a brave, groundbreaking call for immediate withdrawal from Iraq. Pelosi stood up and said, "Representative Murtha speaks for himself." And just one day later, on Nov. 18, 2006, she voted against immediate withdrawal from Iraq. She used her leadership position as House Democratic Leader to encourage others to oppose Murtha. Doing so helped to kill the momentum building at that time to force a timetable for troop withdrawals.
    • November 30, 2005 - Two weeks later (interestingly, just after local San Francisco Green Medea Benjamin spoke about possibly running against Pelosi), Pelosi reversed course and said she supported Murtha's call for immediate withdrawal. Still, she took no action and refused to use her leadership position to call for a 'party caucus position,' which would have put the majority of the Democratic Party on record against the war and shifted the national debate about the war. Indeed, at a point when two thirds of Americans had acknowledged that the invasion of Iraq was a mistake, and when a majority of Americans began saying that the time had come to start rectifying that mistake by bringing the troops home, Pelosi's actions stalled the national debate and weakened the Democratic Party's stance.
    • Pelosi has voted again and again to approve ever-increasing military spending. Year after year, she is a reliable ally of the military when they invariably request more. Of specific note, in 2002, she voted for a bill that allocated billions of new money for the development of new "low-yield," "usable" nuclear weapons. In 2003, she voted in favor of a bill that exempted the military from the Endangered Species Act and the Marine Mammal Protection Act.

2. PATRIOT ACT

• Despite the opposition of San Franciscans, Pelosi did not join – let alone lead – the 66 legislators who opposed this Orwellian legislation. No, she voted for the Patriot Act, which gives enormous, unwarranted power to the executive branch, unchecked by meaningful judicial review. This new authority has been used against American citizens in routine criminal investigations unrelated to terrorism, against immigrants within our borders legally, and against those whose First Amendment activities are deemed by the Attorney General to be threats to national security. Again, she used her powerful leadership position in Congress to urge other representatives to vote with her.
    • See Pelosi's own words on her promise to "stand shoulder to shoulder with the President" on this and other erosions of civil liberties in the name of fighting terrorism.

3. NSA WIRETAPPING

• Pelosi was one of very few legislators who learned about Bush's authorization of secret warrant-less wiretapping of U.S. citizens. She chose to go along with Bush's wishes and to say nothing for six months about this clear violation of the Constitution. "I was advised of President Bush's decision to provide [wiretapping] authority to the National Security Agency...and I have been provided with updates on several occasions," she acknowledged.

4. NAFTA

• Pelosi voted for NAFTA (the North American Free Trade Agreement) and supported it throughout its tortuous path into law. She has supported, and continues to support, other similar laws that entrench and exacerbate the most exploitative types of globalization, and generally refuses to insist on environmental or labor clauses in these bills to mitigate their worst effects. While she finally did vote against CAFTA (the Central American Free Trade Agreement) during the highly contentious vote last July, she chose not to use her leadership position to convince others to follow her lead, effectively assuring its passage. CAFTA passed 217-215, with 15 Democrats voting for it.

5. NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND

• Pelosi voted for this bill, another counter-intuitively named Bush law. In addition to, according to the latest Harvard study, accomplishing the opposite of its stated goal – bringing minority achievment up to national levels – this school 'reform' withholds federal money from any school which does not provide military recruiters not only with access to facilities, but also with contact information for every student. This bill also withholds federal money from any school district that prevents or denies students from participating in constitutionally protected prayer in public schools, and also withholds federal money to any school district that denies Boy Scouts the use of school facilities but allows other youth groups to use those same facilities.

6. Tax Cuts for the Wealthy

• Pelosi has voted to support Bush's call for raising the debt ceiling to finance further military expenditures and saddle future generations with even higher debt payments. She also opposed a call from progressives to examine the effect of the 1.35 trillion dollar 2001 tax cut on the budget before voting on this bill to go further into debt.
    • She opposed an effort by progressives to raise the issue of corporate corruption during 2002, as Republicans were making a concerted attempt to make permanent the various temporary provisions in the $1.35 trillion Bush tax cut of 2001.

http://www.garlicandgrass.org/The_Tr...ncy_Pelosi.cfm

Related

Thanks For The Memories Pelosi!

Man Confronts Nancy Pelosi With Ominous Warning: “Prison Time is Coming Soon, Be Ready” (VIDEO

Trump says "drain the swamp" was cute but no longer needed

Conservative leader on Trump: 'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'

Extremist conservatives at Breitbart made shocking claims without convincing proof

Jared’s is a guide for the future
    Trump seizes on Jared Kushner’s bipartisan ‘road map’ for success
    November 15, 2018
    Top White House aide Jared Kushner’s quiet but successful bipartisan efforts to make deals on trade and justice issues have been seized on by President Trump as a blueprint for keeping his agenda alive on a divided Capitol Hill as he enters the 2020 re-election season.
    “It’s a good road map,” said a Trump insider, adding, “Jared’s is a guide for the future.”
    While others in the administration have used sharp elbows to get their way, Kushner, the president’s son-in-law, has mastered his own deal-making style that favors creating coalitions.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...ap-for-success

The devil you know...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    That goes against Drain The Sawmp promise though.

Or maybe "The Swamp You Know".

#Winning #MAGA
    Or maybe the best way to drain the swamp is to get the alligators to fight the pythons.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does it mean Pelosi is Swamp and MAGA was lying when he said this?
    ( Hint: He's leader of GOP Christian base and Bible sayeth Though Shall Not Lie)

Trump: "Nancy Pelosi loves this country"
    Trump lies with great frequency.

I leave it to each person to decide if politics (especially these days) is war by other means and if deception is justified in war and if so what limitations there may be on such justification of deception.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump lies with great frequency.

I leave it to each person to decide if politics (especially these days) is war by other means and if deception is justified in war and if so what limitations there may be on such justification of deception.
    Ok, but I'm curious if you have an opinion on this. Was he lying in this particular case? Or you don't know , meaning you're open to the possibility that he was telling the truth about Pelosi?

Ok, but I'm curious if you have an opinion on this. Was he lying in this particular case? Or you don't know , meaning you're open to the possibility that he was telling the truth about Pelosi?
    I believe he is lying, he knows she hates this country.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Have to appreciate such candid expression of views.
    +rep

Edit to add:
    That's a lot of "lying" spread over decades though if he's been praising and funding her since 2007 at least.

You’re the Best,’ Trump Once Told Pelosi

May 1, 2017
    WASHINGTON — The message came in a distant January, at the dawn of a power transfer in Washington — dictated, like so much would be in due time, by something Donald J. Trump saw in the news.

“Nancy — you’re the best,” Mr. Trump wrote to Nancy Pelosi at the beginning of 2007, scribbling on an article about her swearing-in as House speaker after Democrats seized control of the chamber. “Congrats. Donald.”

Mr. Trump had a small hand in her elevation. He had made a $20,000 donation to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/01/u...-congress.html

He wants to run against Hillary and needs Pelosi to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    He wants to run against Hillary and needs Pelosi to do that.
    Among many other benefits he will gain by forcing her down the Demoncrats' throats.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Among many other benefits he will gain by forcing her down the Demoncrats' throats.
    He want be forcing her on anybody except for the few newly elected lunatics.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    He want be forcing her on anybody except for the few newly elected lunatics.
    Many of the old guard are unhappy with the senile old hag as well.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If he supports her and she wins=dem party will fight with each other

If he supports her and she loses=dem party picks someone worst than nancy

Trump wins either way.

It's ok we all know for a fact Trump hates Pelosi. He's only saying nice things about her now because he doesn't have a choice.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    It's ok we all know for a fact Trump hates Pelosi. He's only saying nice things about her now because he doesn't have a choice.
    Then he has been without choice for decades:

'You’re the Best,’ Trump Once Told Pelosi in 2007

WASHINGTON — The message came in a distant January, at the dawn of a power transfer in Washington — dictated, like so much would be in due time, by something Donald J. Trump saw in the news.

“Nancy — you’re the best,” Mr. Trump wrote to Nancy Pelosi at the beginning of 2007, scribbling on an article about her swearing-in as House speaker after Democrats seized control of the chamber. “Congrats. Donald.”

Mr. Trump had a small hand in her elevation. He had made a $20,000 donation to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

Then he has been without choice for decades:
    'You’re the Best,’ Trump Once Told Pelosi in 2007

He may have been keeping on the good side of those with power while he built his wealth and fame so that he could run for POTUS.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

“There was nothing sarcastic about it,” he said
    Right
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The proper take on the Dumpsters latest outburst

Banned

Blog Entries
    Dude has been president for two years, and you all still don't understand him.

I understood what he was up to right away, when I read his first tweet about Pelosi deserving the speakership, and getting R's to vote for her as such, and thought, "that'll never work... ..nobody would fall for that!"

I read the comments here, and... yup.... the regular suspects here still fall for it.

XD

Trumped again!!
    Last edited by UWDude; 11-18-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post

I understood what he was up to right away, when I read his first tweet about Pelosi deserving the speakership, and getting R's to vote for her as such, and thought, "that'll never work... ..nobody would fall for that!"

I read the comments here, and... yup.... the regular suspects here still fall for it.

XD

Trumped again!!
    They are checkers players,,,

not able to comprehend the complexities of higher strategy
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nancy Pelosi Took Donald Trump Impeachment Off the Table as Democrats Won House

By Tim Marcin On 11/7/18
    https://www.newsweek.com/nancy-pelos...ts-win-1205769

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    They are checkers players,,,

not able to comprehend the complexities of higher strategy

Pelosi's checkers no mtach for MAGA's 3D crossword puzzles.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post

XD

Trumped again!!
    Yea, hopefully not Pelosi'd .. or worse SWAMP'd.

Lol at this whole $#@!show.
    "The Patriarch"

How many republicans have dropped out of the system and no longer vote?

I personally am on to the system. But let's play that game for a moment...

If trump was principled which he is not, he would not have signed that omnibus. He also would not say take the guns first which states are now doing. Or endorse stop-frisk and a host of other things. Etc. etc.

If trump was principled which he is not, he would stand on conservative values, freedom and liberty, and bring every republican who dropped out of the system out from behind the woodwork. Perhaps the house and the senate would be republican. Which it is not.

Presidents do not make law. But they do "Set the Tone" for the American people. Right now, republicans are giving him a free pass because he has an "R" after his name. And further into tyranny we go.

Only now the price tag bill is bigger than ever before.
    Last edited by PAF; 11-19-2018 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Lol at this whole $#@!show.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The devil you know...
    True...

Verses the younger one
    you don't, new to d.c
    yet willing to have Bernie
    run anew once more...

Scary as $#@!.

As least she's honest about wanting the power.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast