Thread: Democrat Infighting Over House Power Positions Gets 'Racially-Charged'

Democrat Infighting Over House Power Positions Gets 'Racially-Charged'

The power struggle among House Democrats has gotten ugly quick, with one leading candidate for the third-ranking role accusing his detractors of using racially charged criticisms to thwart his bid for majority whip.
    "Rep. Jim Clyburn of South Carolina on Tuesday accused detractors of using racially-charged 'dog whistles' to undermine his bid for the No. 3 slot in House Democratic leadership," McClatchy's Emma Dumain reports. "Clyburn, the current assistant Democratic leader and highest ranking black lawmaker in Congress, told McClatchy race was being injected into the competition for House majority whip."

While Clyburn didn't name names, he did provide some more context and suggestions about the kinds of "dog whistling" taking place among his Democratic colleagues.
    "I don’t know where it’s all coming from," he told McClatchy. "But someone came to me over the weekend and told me that (they heard), when I was whip before, I was a figurehead."
    Such criticisms of the only black member of the Democratic leadership team, he suggested, was "the little dog whistles that have been floating around this side for a long time,” Clyburn said. "What do you mean, I was a figurehead? Nothing could be further from the truth."
    Challenging Clyburn for majority whip, the congressman tasked with solidifying votes to promote the leadership's agenda, is Colorado's Rep. Diana DeGette, who served as chief deputy whip for 14 years. Her decision to oppose him surprised Democrats, who expected that Clyburn, who served as whip from 2007 to 2011, would run unopposed.

More at: https://www.dailywire.com/news/38328...-james-barrett
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The nation's youngest congresswoman has also been sounding the alarm over racism and sexism she suggests she's already experienced on Capitol Hill.
    "Dem Spouse + Member luncheon were at the same time today. I was sent to spouse event," she wrote late Wednesday. "Last night I was stopped bc it was assumed I was an intern/staffer."

"Next time try believing women + people of color when they talk about their experiences being a woman or person of color," she concluded.

More at: https://www.dailywire.com/news/38391...-james-barrett
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The nation's youngest congresswoman has also been sounding the alarm over racism and sexism she suggests she's already experienced on Capitol Hill.
    "Dem Spouse + Member luncheon were at the same time today. I was sent to spouse event," she wrote late Wednesday. "Last night I was stopped bc it was assumed I was an intern/staffer."

"Next time try believing women + people of color when they talk about their experiences being a woman or person of color," she concluded.

More at: https://www.dailywire.com/news/38391...-james-barrett
    And if I wandered around looking the way I usually do, I'd be mistaken for the janitor or plumber.

Get over yourselves, colored people.

So the black man wants the whip... wouldn't it follow he would call the name of the position RACISS!!! and seek to have it changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.