Thread: NC State Rolls Out PhD In "Social Justice Education"

NC State Rolls Out PhD In "Social Justice Education"

North Carolina State University announced a Ph.D. in social justice education on Monday.
    The program, which will debut in fall 2019, aims to teach educators, or "scholar-activists," about social justice and how they can bring about change in the classroom setting, according to an NC State news release.

“The goal of the program is to help educators recognize and disrupt systems of oppression by helping to foster and create equitable learning environments,” Jessica DeCuir-Gunby, a professor of educational psychology and director of graduate programs for the Teacher Education and Learning Sciences Department, said in the news release.
    Faculty will come from various research areas, such as “social justice teacher education, multicultural education and literacy, education and immigration and diversity and equity in schools and communities,” according to the Ph.D. program’s webpage. The program also claimed it would focus on “equity in STEM” and “scholar activism.”
    “This program area of study promotes social diversity while naming, interrogating and challenging oppression, exploitation and marginalization within education at the local, state, national and international levels,” the website states.
    Courses that are required to attain the Ph.D. in social justice education include “Social Justice in Education,” “Diversity & Equity Scholar Leader Course,” and more.
    NCSU College Republicans chairman Kye Laughter told Campus Reform he views this new Ph.D. program as a way to push social justice on future students.
    “I think any person pursuing a degree or a Ph.D. in social justice already has an agenda in mind and this field will only allow bias to grow not only among those in academia but for those being taught this dangerous ideology,” Laughter said.
    The chairman also suggested that the program shows that the university has a double standard, contending that a Ph.D. in a conservative thought field would never be created.
    “Our university should not be afraid of discussing different ideas, but I am doubtful we will see any Ph.D. programs in conservative ideologies anytime soon, as academia has been infested with liberalism,” Laughter said, while noting that the university excels in fields like agriculture, engineering, and architecture.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...tice-education
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's how they do it, create whole self serving markets.
    FJB

Did anyone watch Crowder's "Hate speech isn't real?" Them Fascist don't know they're Fascist.
    Last edited by aGameOfThrones; 11-16-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Yeah, they might as well. There's plenty of majors that have been teaching social justice for some time now, so you might as well just come out and be honest about it.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Most people will do almost anything to avoid real work.

I can't imagine there will be much need for this, outside of universities, and even then, most universities aren't going to need many of these Ph.Ds. Considering the current state of peer review in the field of social justice and gender studies, I expect this area of study will eventually implode.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    I can't imagine there will be much need for this, outside of universities, and even then, most universities aren't going to need many of these Ph.Ds. Considering the current state of peer review in the field of social justice and gender studies, I expect this area of study will eventually implode.
    LOL...

Every major corporate HR dept will be falling all over themselves to hire these yo-yos at six figures a year.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Did anyone watch Crowder's "Hate speech isn't real?" Them Fascist don't know their Fascist.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.