Thread: FDA Seeks Ban On Menthol Cigarettes To Fight Teen Smoking

FDA Seeks Ban On Menthol Cigarettes To Fight Teen Smoking

https://news.slashdot.org/story/18/1...t-teen-smoking

The Food and Drug Administration announced Thursday that it will seek a ban on the sale of menthol-flavored cigarettes. From a report:

The announcement came as the agency officially released a detailed plan to also restrict the sale of flavored electronic cigarettes. It also wants to ban flavored cigars. In a statement, FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb says the moves are aimed at fighting smoking among young people. Flavored e-cigarettes, menthol-flavored tobacco cigarettes and flavored cigars are all popular among teenagers. "Today, I'm pursuing actions aimed at addressing the disturbing trend of youth nicotine use and continuing to advance the historic declines we've achieved in recent years in the rates of combustible cigarette use among kids," Gottlieb says.

While cigarette smoking has hit a record low in the United States, vaping has been skyrocketing. That trend has raised concerns that a new generation of young people will become addicted to nicotine. Gottlieb says the moves were prompted by new data showing a 78 percent increase in e-cigarette use among high school students and a 48 percent increase among middle school students, from 2017 to 2018. "These data shock my conscience," Gottlieb says.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    tell Jimmy Walker...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    tell Jimmy Walker...

It's not about the kids. It's about racism....

But such a move has been long-awaited by public health advocates, who have been especially concerned about the high percentage of African-Americans who become addicted to menthol cigarettes.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/09/h...ettes-ban.html

Das raciss...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

They should just put age restrictions on the purchase of tobacco products and make it illegal for minors to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    They should just put age restrictions on the purchase of tobacco products and make it illegal for minors to purchase.
    Yep, just like not allowing firearms in certain areas, if they make it against the law, that should fix everything. Nobody would ever think to break one of those laws.

Paraphrasing SwordSmyth, but if I self identify as a 10 year old oriental female, does that mean that I will be prohibited from buying menthol vapes?

Dutch man, 69, who 'identifies as 20 years younger' launches legal battle to change age
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-legal-battle/

Yes, people are actually trying to get away with this $#@!. They want all the Benefits of Self Identity as what ever the $#@! they want, but NONE of the Consequences. Not to mention the flat out destruction of units of measurement. I mean why not self identify as a penis where inches are measured in centimeters, so I can make it sound like I got a massively huge johnson, and Americans cant seem to figure out the metric standard anyway?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Paraphrasing SwordSmyth, but if I self identify as a 10 year old oriental female, does that mean that I will be prohibited from buying menthol vapes?

Dutch man, 69, who 'identifies as 20 years younger' launches legal battle to change age
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-legal-battle/

Yes, people are actually trying to get away with this $#@!. They want all the Benefits of Self Identity as what ever the $#@! they want, but NONE of the Consequences. Not to mention the flat out destruction of units of measurement. I mean why not self identify as a penis where inches are measured in centimeters, so I can make it sound like I got a massively huge johnson, and Americans cant seem to figure out the metric standard anyway?
    Try to identify as a Soverign Citizen.

Saddle up!! We're in the menthol business boys!
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.